(2) CHAPTER #20

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

LUCY's POV

THE only thing that you can heard in entire place was the sound creating by the staff of this hospital. I took a glance on the wall where I can see the clock - my mouth parted when I realize its just five minutes since I start waiting for the result of his operation.

"He will be fine, Princess" I heard Zeref said to me as he gently pat my head. I know he will be fine... but I'm scared...

I nodded to him not wanting to say anything because I could feel it. If I open my mouth right now, I am very sure that my tears will also come out.

"I contacted Sting and Rogue any moment they'll be here. Do you want me to buy something for you so you could relax?" I shook my head before I bit my lower lips and looked at him blankly - Zeref kneel in front of me as he gently touches my cheeks "You have to stay strong, okay"

"O-Okay" those words barely escaped in my lips before Zeref pulled me into a tight hug.

I didn't stop him and I didn't move away from him. I shut down my mine and just let the comfort of his hug warm the coldness of mine.

I immediately stood up the moment when the doctor opened the door of the operating room. My whole body was shaking as I went to him "H-How was he? Is he okay?" I say my voice is so shaky.

He looked at me before he shook his head "I've done everything I can do," he pauses "Due to the trauma on his brain because of the accident, he might have a vision problem or worst blindness"

My tears suddenly fall down the moment I heard what he had said - my mouth parted as I tried to swallowed my sobs so I could say something, or anything to him but my own words failed me. "He's stable now but we need to put him in ICU so we can monitor him," he pauses "Let's just hope that he will be wake up without any complication"

"Thank you" I whisper as another sobs broke down in my throat. I can't lose it now, not when he needs me.

"Will we be able to see him now?" I heard Zeref ask besides me.

I didn't heard the doctor says - I just can't believe everything that happening right now. I mean, I just saw him one week ago - I close my eyes tightly as I gently massage my chest.

"Princess?" I heard the voice of my twin so when I looked up to see his face I was welcome by his embraced "Shh... it's okay... it's gonna be alright"

"I don't think so" I murmured.

HALF of his head had bandages, even his eyes. There were so many devices that attached on his body - I could feel that my heart is being tortured by this sight. I continued making my way until I reached the side of the bed, "Natsu?" I sob as I gently stroke his and with my fingertips.

It's been hours. It's been hours since he closed his eyes, my fear is now slowly eating in my system... what if... what if he didn't wake up?

When I contacted the police few hours ago, they said that according to their investigation someone who was pursuing his vehicle before the accident. Even witnesses of the incident were shocked because they did not expect it to happen. When my brothers asked what happened to the vehicle of that possible suspect, they said that car wasn't in the scene.

"Princess, you need to change your clothes," I heard Sting said "I bring you some"

I didn't bother to take a glance on my twin "Why is this happening to him, Sting?" I said my voice is too weak right now probably because I've been crying my eyes out.

"Is this his karma for hurting me?" I sobs "Because if its yes, then it's too much"

"Maybe because that is what he deserves" he murmured.

I looked at him, disbelief is really visible on my face as I shook my head "No, Sting. He doesn't deserve this"

"You are not the judge for that," he pauses before he let out a sigh "I'll bring you some food, Sis"

"Sting?"

"Yes?"

"Please don't hate him just because he hurt me"

"I can't promise you that, Sis"

I GROAN when I felt someone brushing my hair, I slowly moved body and lifted my head my eyes clouded with my own tears as I look on him. He was sitting as his hand gently brushing my hair "Natsu" I whisper under my breath but enough for him to hear.

"How long are you staying here?" he calmly said.

"Do you need anything else? I'll call the nurse to checked you up," I say as I gently squeezed his hand "Wait for me okay"

"Lucy you have to go"

I was shocked on what he had said as I looked on his face I could feel that my heart is breaking again, not on his state but because of what he will say to me.

"Why?" I murmured.

"You shouldn't be here in the first place" he pauses "I am very sorry that I caused another hindrance of your freedom"

"You're not" I emphasize my words, "I never think about it now"

"But I do" he said.

"I am still your wife, Natsu" I said as I tried my best to swallowed my sobs "It's my job to take care of you"

"No you don't" he says "I already signed the divorce paper... I'm giving you back the freedom."

"Please Natsu, don't do this" I beg "You need me right now"

"What I need you to do is... leave me" he say emphasizing the last two words "You don't need to stay..."

"B-But---"

"Leave. Lucy. Please" he said

And I did...

Even though I could feel my own heart breaking once again.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro