❝ 3.4 ❞

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

option two, healing

Slowly, Emberkit swallowed catmint with a painful expression on her face. Barkpaw held the oak leaf filled with water gently to her mouth as her small pink tongue danced on the leaf. After gulping water as she had never ever drunk water before, she managed a smile as she leaned on Dustflower, breathing in her mother's calming scent.

"How are you feeling?" Barkpaw asked as he watched Emberkit quietly, seeing whether the medicine would work or not. Emberkit looked up shyly. Licking her chest fur and avoiding his eyes, she mewed, "I-I am f-"

She coughed loudly as Barkpaw exchanged a glance with Dustflower. Dustflower murmured, "Thank you," while Barkpaw was heading towards the clearing to fetch some prey and water.

The sun was laughing evilly. The sunbeam cut through his fur. Limping to the fresh-kill pile, many pairs of eyes widened with terror in his direction. Tail twitching with tense, Barkpaw swallowed nervously. He knew so well that his wounds from the black shadow had not fully healed yet. 

"It takes time..." Lilypetal wrapped her tail around Barkpaw as they glanced at the stars outside the medicine cat den. The stars were winking at them and the breeze was playing with Barkpaw's fur. 

"You know what...? You might be hurt, you might be beaten up, but you are always strong. I have been watching you since you were a kit, and I know that you can handle whatever difficulty that lies in front of you..." The grass responded Lilypetal by touching her fur with support. She continued as her voice echoed in the silence, "You will eventually get the love that you deserve, and there will be a nursery tale about a loyal medicine cat called Barkpaw, who will be admired by all."

Barkpaw smiled at the memory. Head holding high, he paddled to the pile, taking a small mouse and a large dove. Emberkit and Dustflower can have the dove, they need more strength to recover... he thought to himself as he heard Covepaw's call, "BARKPAW! COME HERE AND EAT WITH US NOW!!"

Barkpaw pretended to be pissed off by her loudness but a mischievous smile crawled on his face. He limped through the crowd of curious eyes and sat next to the small black and white she-cat.

The tortoiseshell she-cat with pale and grey marking shot him a nervous glance. Glancing at the ground, she whispered, "H-hello, B-barkpaw. A-are you o-okay?"

Barkpaw replied, "Thanks, Daisypaw. I am fine-" He found his voice tailing away as he whisker twitched. With cobweb all over him, he certainly could not be considered as 'okay'.

Jasminepaw broke the awkward silence by greeting cheerfully. Barkpaw winked as he took a big bite of the mouse. His stomach was growling, complaining about food until the juicy bite found its way into its mouth. He purred satisfiedly and continued eating. 

While he was eating, he could feel Daisypaw's eyes studying him. Looking up, Daisypaw looked away immediately.

How weird... he continued his juicy meal without making another noise. Covepaw was trying to break the silence once again by sharing about her hunting lesson. 

"GUESS WHAT? I HAVE CAUGHT MY FIRST EVER ROBIN! FIRST, IT WAS PLAYING WITH ME WHICH WAS EXTREMELY MEAN! YOU KNOW WHAT, MY POSITION WAS PERFECT BUT THE BIRD FLEW AWAY QUICKLY, LEAVING ME IN THE DUST!" Covepaw squeaked with excitement as Jasminepaw and Daisypaw listened with a smile.

"OF COURSE I WILL NOT GIVE UP! WILL I?" Covepaw continued in a louder voice, "I TRIED AGAIN AFTER SMOKEWISH TAUGHT ME AGAIN! THEN I SNEAKED QUIETLY AS BOO! I CAUGHT THE BIRD! SMOKEWISH PRAISED ME AND I AM SO PROUD!"

Jasminepaw and Daisypaw laughed as they congrated Covepaw. Twitching his ears, Barkpaw looked at his twisted leg and sighed heavily.

"Barkpaw! Are you ready to catch your first ever prey?" Falconstar shouted with excitement!

Barkpaw jumped with delight as he raced into the forest. The wind brushed his fur as if he was flying. The animals greeted him with delight as the birds sang a calming tune. The sun smiled as it nodded at Barkpaw's approach. He was the hunter in the wild, he was feared, he was loved, he was admired. Studying at the squirrel in front of him, he narrowed his eyes as his steps became softer. He aimed at the squirrel, wanting to take a bite of its juicy meat. His first hunt...

"BARKPAW? ARE YOU OKAY?" Barkpaw flinched at Covepaw's voice. Taking deep breathes, he masked a smile and mewed, "I-I am fine! Great hunt, sister!"

A smile shone on Covepaw's face as she purred with happiness.

"Th-"

Her voice was cut off by an announcement by a familiar voice. 

"Let all cat old enough to catch their own prey gather here under the Tallrock!"

Covepaw and Barkpaw exchanged a glance as they moved towards the Tallrock. Standing at the giant boulder which overlooked the crowd was their father Falconstar. He nodded at the crowd as he announced, "I just realize that I have not appointed a deputy yet. Therefore, I am here to appoint the new deputy under my leadership."

The whispers started in the crowd as Barkpaw could feel Daisypaw and Jasminepaw behind them. Jasminepaw whispered quietly, "Who do you think will be the new deputy?"

Barkpaw shook his head with confusion as Covepaw squeaked, "MY MENTOR!" Barkpaw pushed her gently as a warning and her voice lowered to a whisper, "I am sorry, Smokewish will be a good choice! He is very loyal, hardworking and-"

"No," Jasminepaw interrupted, "my mentor Blizzardchaser is much better!"

"What about my mentor, Obsidianspiral?" Daisypaw suggested quietly, "She is g-"

"Barkpaw!" Looking up, he found Falconstar staring at him with a smile. He continued, "Who do you think is suitable for being the deputy? Blizzardchaser, Smokewish or Obsidianspiral?"

>> Blizzardchaser

>> Smokewish

>> Obsidianspiral

Vote and discuss here --->

I love Covepaw so much after writing about her. I guess I have Covepaw addiction now haha

I want to make this more dramatic and interesting, Dreamy, Milk and Rose, feel free to write a speech to tell the others to vote for you (like election, I know haha). You want your cat to be the deputy, right?

Have fun! Let's see who will win!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro