❝ 3.3 ❞

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

option one, tell the truth

The two pairs of eyes were on him as Barkpaw started, "A-a random cat whose scent was familiar to me told me to p-play a g-game..."

"A game?" Lilypetal inspected Barkpaw's wounds again carefully and asked. Falconstar smirked and mewed, "What is it? Is it too late to join?"

Barkpaw shook his head miserably and tried to find his voice. His voice was weak and he whispered, "I-I need to stay away from Falconstar, or I-I will lose..."

Falconstar shot a glance to Lilypetal as Lilypetal's eyes were widened with surprise, "W-what? Why?"

Barkpaw shrugged and his wounds burnt like wildfire. He tried to block his scream and managed to squeeze the words out of his mouth, "T-the cat will come...after me if I...lose..."

The brown tabby snored as he was choked by his laughter. He mewed confidently to his son, "It's just a joke! I don't think that cat will do that! She was just playing around!"

Lilypetal glanced at them in silence and sighed. When Barkpaw's eyes were connected with hers, she looked away and continued cleaning his wounds. 

As Barkpaw was trying to focus on the beautiful sky outside the horseplace and listening to the songs of the birds, his head was swimming in deep water. Everything was spinning around him. His vision blurred and lights were rushing in front of his eyes. He was falling, falling into the darkest part of the hole.

The ground was shaking, cold waves of laughter cut through the air and straight into his heart. He tried to shout for help, tried to fight against the darkness. But the darkness wrapped him up like a pile of moss. He felt like a kit who was lost in the forest, helpless and miserable.

The darkness was growing. The claws were toying with him as he was floating on the dark ocean. All of a sudden, a hole was found and he was dragged underneath. He could not breathe. His chest ached. He was sinking. The water surrounded him and scratched him violently with sharp claws. 

"Your consequence..."

A ghost whisper echoed in the endless darkness and Barkpaw suppressed a shiver. She knew... She knew...

"You have ruined the game... You loser..."

Barkpaw's mouth was dry. He could feel nothing but blind terror.

"..." Fear caught him in its jaw and he was at a loss for words. Terror sealed his throat and the bravery inside him disappeared.

The ground shook violently like it had never ever done before. It was angry as cracks appeared from the floor beneath. Fear and panic ensued as the ground shook up and down. He could hear the growl of anger from deep down which awoke every living beast. The growl echoed in his head as adrenaline crashed through him. 

Struggling to breathe, he tried to move and get away from all this mess. Screamings could be heard as he was frozen with terror.

Two sharp claws came after him as two eyes shone like two suns in the dark. The creepy laughter made his hair jump. A nameless dread engulfed him and it rushed through his pelt like - what the two-legs called - electricity.

He was done.

"Barkpaw? Barkpaw?"

Hearing the voice with urge and slowly opening his eyes, Barkpaw found himself lying on the moss. The faint light of the sun touched him gently. Lilypetal was staring at him with sparks in her eyes as she beamed with delight.

"You are finally awake," she purred, "I am so glad that you do." She licked his messy fur gently. A cough broke through the peace and Barkpaw turned around, eyes widened with shock as he spotted a brown tortoiseshell she-kit.

"Your consequence..."

"Whitecough season, you know," Lilypetal sighed heavily and turned to the she-kit. She asked gently, "Emberkit, are you feeling well?"

Emberkit shook her head and coughed loudly. A pale yellow she-cat with white muzzle wrapped her tail around her carefully as she licked the she-kit. Dustflower's eyes were shimmered with tears as she begged, "Can you please save Emberkit?"

"You have ruined the game... You loser..."

"I will." Lilypetal's voice was barely a whisper as she searched for the herbs that she had just collected. Giving catmint to Emberkit, she turned and faced Barkpaw.

She asked gently, "Can you please forage for catmint? Or can you please look after Emberkit for a while?"

>> foraging, you do not want to get infected by Emberkit

>> healing, you are not sure whether the dark shadow will come after you or not, and foraging will give her the perfect chance

Vote and discuss here --->

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro