❝ 3.2 ❞

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

option one, "Y-yes, go ahead."

"Y-yes, go ahead." Barkpaw's voice was barely a whisper as he felt the hot breath around his neck. The cat's eyes shone and they narrowed to lines. The shadow crept and crawled on the dusty ground slowly. 

The pair of eyes studied Barkpaw carefully and Barkpaw held his glance. An unknown boost of courage raced through his pelt. He could do this, to save his life and prove that he was useful.

"I am so jealous of Barkpaw! He twisted his leg and we had to hunt for him! Should we twist our legs so we do not need to hunt?"

"Look! We have to do all the work for Barkpaw while he can sit back and enjoy it! Even the leader works more than him!"

Anger flooded his veins as he nodded, determined to prove his usefulness. This was not a game anymore, this was a quest just for him. He could be like Firestar, who was known for rebuilding SkyClan. He wanted to be just like him.

The shadow nodded as the voice could be heard, "Keep this to yourself, my little hero," Her voice was sweet as honey as she continued, "The first game, stay away from Falcondusk."

"Why?" Barkpaw asked. An unsettling feeling began welling inside him. There was something wrong - but he could not tell what that was. The she-cat came closer and replied, "Falcondusk was not the rightful leader. He was hiding something all along. Haven't you noticed how suspicious he was acting lately?"

Barkpaw narrowed his eyes with confusion. He did not notice anything wrong with his father. In his memories, Falconstar was always the one who kept distances from Covepaw and him, but his sarcasm would never absent.

"I am trying to protect you and lead you to a better future. Do you know that?" The sweet voice rang in her ears.

Barkpaw swallowed as he nodded. The shadow added, "Forget about Falcondusk and step forward to a better future. He is useless and he never cares about you anyway."

Barkpaw clenched his jaw tightly as he felt a flash of rage. With a wave of courage, he snapped, "No, you are wrong! Falconstar will become the best leader of WindClan!"

Coldness shot down his spine as he wished he could swallow what he has said back. There he went, jumping into a hole and burying himself alive. The she-cat's eyes narrowed as if she was plotting thousands of ways to send him to the dark forest. She shortened the distance and leaped on his back, sending him crashing to the ground. Dust were flying in the air, blinding Barkpaw's vision. 

Claws were dug deeply into his stomach and his twisted leg was not being helpful. He managed to fight back but it was not enough to drive the scary she-cat away. Barkpaw was stunned as he watched blood rolling down his white chest in silence. 

He could not move. He did not dare to do so. he stared at the shadow with horror in his eyes. The she-cat backed away as she mewed, "Now, tell me, who will be the best leader of WindClan?"

Fury roared in his head as he growled, "Falconstar."

Barkpaw closed his eyes as he felt the hot breath near his neck. He was ready.

With a loud clang, Barkpaw lay still as he could smell a familiar scent. The hot breath near his neck was gone with the wind. He wanted to open his eyes. He wanted to help. He wanted to fight back and it would be his perfect chance.

"Barkpaw? Barkpaw? Are you okay?" A soft whisper tickled his ears as he opened his eyes closely, trying to adjust to the sunlight. Lilypetal was hovering over him with concern in her eyes. She gathered some cobweb and pushed them on his wounds. Her eyes were filled with tears and she smiled when she met his eyes. 

"I-I am fine," Barkpaw replied. Wincing at the pain, he could not help but notice an identical brown tabby tom who was glancing at him. He smiled weakly to Barkpaw and inspected his wounds carefully.

Lilypetal tried to beam and she explained, "Falconstar came and helped after you disappeared for a long time."

Barkpaw raised his eyebrow, "A long time?"

Falconstar nodded with worriness and replied, "And now, are you mating secretly without me?" Barkpaw rolled his eyes in return and mewed, "No-"

He stopped himself as he remembered the creepy shadow that was spinning in his head. No, he couldn't.

Lilypetal's eyes shone as she encouraged, "Come on, Barkpaw. You can trust us. We can help you to solve your problems. Falconstar, isn't it?"

Falconstar managed a nod, but Barkpaw could feel Falconstar's emerald green eyes staying on his ugly wounds. He did not want to imagine how his clanmate would react when he was not only "the one who can't walk properly" but also "the scarred and ugly one"

Falconstar's voice rang in the horseplace, "Barkpaw?"

>> tell the truth, Falconstar and Lilypetal saved your life and they could be trusted

>> give excuses, Falconstar and Lilypetal should not know about this dangerous challenge and serious consequence could happen if you told them

Vote and discuss here --->

Lion King vibes? I know it

Let's see what your choice is

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro