11 - Friend or Foe

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Melody's POV

"He can what?!?!" Snotlout yelled. "Ride dragons... and his dragon... is the Titan Zippleback!" Liam yells. "He gassed us! And we didn't see it coming!" I yell. "What do we do now?" Terra asks. "We need to take action." Dad looks to me. "No way. This is our fight. Vigo was yours. He is ours." I say to them. "Fine, But always know you can come to us for help." Mom tells me. I nod. "Now, I think you should get back to the edge and make sure it's alright and keep your guard up." I suggest. "Alright. You heard her. Let's go gang!" Dad yells then they fly up. Dad solutes me and i do the same back. "Take care!" He yells down to us. "You too!" We yell back. We watch them fly off.

We all settled down to relax. We figured that if we calmed down and relaxed we might be able to formulate a plan. "Any ideas yet?" Liam asks the group. "Nope" Terra replies. "No clue" Kane says. I shake my head no and look out to the beach. "What on earth?" I mumbled. I stand up and grab my telescope. "Oh my Thor" I mumble and take off. "Hey wait! Melody!" Terra yells. Hero was close behind me. I slide down the hill that leads to the beach. I race across the sand to what I had seen. When I reach what I saw I quickly flip it over, it was a girl. She was soaking wet and hurt. "Hey! Hey are you ok?! Say something!" I say while propping her up in my lap. "Who's that?" Kane asked when they caught up to me. "I don't know." I reply. I move her hair out of her face so I could easily see her. "Oh no" I drop her and back up quickly. "What is it?" Kane asked worriedly. "She wears their emblem. On her headband" I say in slight fear and point to it. "Hunters... What is she doing here?!" Terra yells. Then she coughed up water. "Y-you've gotten h-Help me" she mumbled and tried to roll over. All we did was stare in shock. I glance over at the group. Liam and Kane were both blocking Terra with one arm. They both had a glare directed towards this girl and terra was shocked. I too had a glare on my face to try and hide my fear. "What are you doing here?" I demand. "I-i mean no harm. Please. Im hurt and need shelter" she spits out. "Yeah right, we would never give shelter to a hunter" Kane growled. "Oh. This" She says and pulls her head band off. She tosses it down. "What was that for?" I ask. "To prove to you that I'm no threat. Please, I needed to get away from them. They are cruel, and heartless." She went on. "Maybe she really isn't a threat" I hear terra say. I glance at Terra and she pushes the boys arms down. "Terra no!" Liam yells and grabs her. She looks at him in a way to say let go and trust me. He does and she turns back to this girl. Terra reaches out her hand for the girl. I watch them closely. Never letting my guard down. "Take my hand, I'll help you up" She tells her. The girl was hesitant but then does with a smile. "Mal" the girl says with no context. We look at her confused. "My name, is Mal." She tells us. Terra pulls her up. "You know, my mother was like you. She Was with the hunters then quit them to be a dragon rider. So was my uncle." Terra Tells her. "Really? That means... your the daughter of Heather, and niece of Dagger" she said in excitement. "You know of them?" Terra asks. "Yeah everyone does! They are the traders! I look up to them!" She pauses. And we look at her confused. "The fact that the traded and joined the riders is why I look up to them. I don't belong with the hunters, I don't belong with Hunter Grimborn" She stops and looks to the ground. "Well, you can crash with me for a bit. Until you heal up" Terra says and they walk away chatting. I walk over to Kane and Liam. "I don't trust Her" I say while watching them walk off. "I second that" Kane looks at me. "I swear if she betrays us and hurts Terra... I will personally end her" Lima said in anger. I kinda have a feeling he likes her. "Don't worry. We will all get our share is she betrays us.." I say while clenching my fists. I then feel Hero nudge my hand. "I know girl. I don't trust her either." I say while rubbing her head. "I'm going on patrol. Keep an eye on those two." I order Kane and Liam. They nod before Hero and I fly off.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro