39 - Test Drive

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"a dragon will always protect his protector"

Melodys POV

"you know who I am?" I grip the amulet watching the dragon closely.

"How could I not? Do you know who I am?"

"only through story. Hero o-or Wave told me everything." The dragon cocks his head as if asking for more. "Your name is Avel, the windfury." I stood tall as he shows that small fury smile I knew so well. 

"Follow me" The fury spun and walked off into the forest. I hesitated only briefly before following close. 

It wasnt long before we were approaching the base of a mountain. Avel had not spoken since we left the beach which left me hesitant to say anything. This lead us to continue in silence. 

When we reached the peak Avel turned back to me and sat confidently. 

"what are we doing here" I asked.

"you will see. Activate the amulet" He directed calmly. I did as I was instructed and pulled the amulet form my belt and held it in my hands.

"For the protection of the dragons the seas are mine to command" I feel a breeze lift my hair and my body lighten as the familiar armor appears. I see Avel cock his head. 

"I never thought I would see a day where the armor fit a human." He bows his head gently before returning his gaze to mine. "put on your helmet" 

"wont that render me invisible?" 

"not always. when your helmet appears there will be a button just above your left ear, press it and you will be able to switch between visible and not. Im shocked Toothless didn't tell you that" He rolls his eyes ever so slightly before I press the button on my left wrist causing my helmet to appear. I see Avel's eyes lose focus on me, I must be invisible, I reach for my left ear finding a small oval groove. Pushing is slightly I see Avel's eyes meet mine again. It worked

"step up here." Avel moves himself and circles me as I approach the ledge. Looking down I see pointed rocks and trees at the base. 

"Now what" I turn my body back to him. Before I could process his actions I felt him whip me with his tail. I fell backwards off the edge.

"AVEL!!" I screeched falling fast. 

"Twist your amulet!" He shouted down at me. I gathered my composure and turned myself so I was facing the ground. with out looking I reached for where the amulet was nestled in its spot on my belt. I run my fingers along it finding the edged before twisting it with a click. nothing changed, I was still falling. 

"oh no..." I mumble seeing the trees approach quicker. "AVEL!!" I screamed for him to catch me. Then I hear another click and felt myself lift into the air as if I was floating. I look down my body to see two wings connecting from my hips to my wrists.

https://youtu.be/IpPIK4T068s

You know the drill at this point, cause Im a sucker for music, hit play and read on. 

"haha" I let out a relieved chuckle as I look forward again. Fixing my posture I find myself being carried by the wind over the tree tops. "holly Skrill" I mumbled feeling the air hit my eyes through the slits of my helmet. I hear a swoosh above me and let my eyes follow the grey fury now in front of me. He looks under himself to meet my eyes and shows his tongue through a wonky smile. When he lifts his head he pushes him self forward with the flap of his wings. together we soared over the island. Still feeling shaky with my movements I watch as he leans his body to the dodge an on coming tree. I follow his path barely scrapping my fingers on the branches. He glanced back at me over his shoulder to make sure I was ok. I give a simple nod and he returns his focus ahead of him. I see the beach approaching and as we pass the clearing I lay eyes on the ship wreck, I let my mind wonder only shortly about where that man could have gone before my attention was drawn back to the now open water I was flying over. I was flying. 

I tilt my body slightly to allow my finger tips the drag through the surface of the water feeling the mist spray my body I return to a normal position. I feel myself begin the drag as if the wind under my wings was fading. I let out a quick whistle to draw Avel's attention. Seeming as though he read my mind I see his pull his wings up to come to a full stop as I continue on beneath him. I turn my head back over my shoulder to see him lining up behind me. I watch his mouth glow a purple hue, as he readies a blast. When he shot just below me the force it created lifted me up. This repeated a few times until I was high enough to comfortably glide again. I returned my eyes forward to find myself headed straight for a rock stack, I was able to tilt my body and dodge the first one but the second was coming to fast I knew I wouldn't be able to dodge it too. I watched Avel drive up as I landed questionably on the grassy surface, running forward with Avel flying overhead. Without hesitation I leaped from the stack and spread my wings flying below him once again. 

"WOOOHOOO!" I let out in cheerful victory. I look up to see Avel pull his wings in causing his whole body to spin, spreading them once again he steadied himself and shot a blast in excitement. I watched him as he almost pranced around me through the air. Laughing happily I reached swiftly for the button my my wrist to remove my helmet. Feeling the air on my face was no new concept, but this, this was different. This is what it meant to be a dragon. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro