40 - Happy Snoggletog Kane

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Narrators POV

11:30 am - In The Sky

"I don't remember the flight there being this long" Tuffnut complains. 

"thats because you were unconscious for most of it last time, Tuff" Astrid retorts.

"oohhh yeeeaaah." Tuff slouches back into his saddle laying his forehead between Belches horns. 

"We shouldn't be much longer, maybe another hour or so" Hero calls out. 

"Hero said about another hour" Liam said so nonchalantly. 

"Thanks Hero. Wait-" Hiccup shoots his head to look back at the redhead. 

"What?" Liam asked, startled. 

"you understood her" Astrid chimes in from the opposite side of the pack. 

To this Kane shot his head up. "This cant be good. If she is wearing the amulet she might be in danger. Come on boy" rubbing Spikes head for encouragement he feel the nadder speed up. 

11:30 am - somewhere else in the sky 

Melody was taking a break from flying solo and was now riding on the fury's back. 

"Avel" she looked down at the dragon

"Yes?" he glanced back at her. 

"you pushed me off a cliff" 

"I did" He returned his eyes ahead of him.

"What if the wings didn't work" 

"But they did, didn't they?"

"yeah.. but how did you know they would work? Im the first human protector."

"I didn't really. it was more of a hunch. You see, when we had dragon protectors there was no need to grant flight, for well, obvious reasons. So I granted the gift of speed. With my scale any dragon could enhance their flight speed. For you, who has no flight there is no speed to enhance."

"That makes sense." Melody ran her fingers over the fury figure that sat in the amulet. 

"wanna go again?" Avel turned back to her. 

"sure, take us up?" She had this spark in her eyes that could light the night sky. 

Avel took the two up above the clouds climbing and climbing until the clouds were so far below they looked like the ground. Melody stood carefully readying herself as she twisted the amulet feeling the wings connect. She shook her head in preparation as her helmet appeared. She bounced on her toes ever so slightly before running forward and jumping over the dragons head. Her arms tucked closely at her side she dove smoothly through the air. Avel was close behind wings pulled in as he barrel rolled past the rider, just before breaking the surface of the clouds he spread his wings and let the wind carry him forward with no need for flapping. Melody watched in awe before pushing herself forward, holding her arms closer to her side and pushing her shoulders she spun too. Focused on the surface of the clouds she let her self near closer and closer until they were almost in reach, she spread her arms and let the wind carry her just as it did Avel. 

The girl let out a gentle laugh as she dragged her hand through the wet clouds, feeling the crisp cold they produced.  Ahead was a large cloud they had no choice but the fly through. Even while hesitant about not being able to see she pursued not letting it stop her. Avel began to flap which in turn lead to the parting of the clouds, pushing them upward creating a large ring for them to follow through. 

Just beyond the ring were a pack of dragons, dragon riders to be exact. Avel swerved to the side revealing melody to the group.

"Melody?" Kane questioned as she flew right for him and Spike. 

"Kane?" she let her posture fall and began to lose her balance. "DUCK!" She called to him but it was too late. She ended up crashing in to the boy pushing him from the saddle. As they began to fall the other riders pulled their dragons to a stop, too stunned to truly process what had just happened. 

"MELODY!" Kane screamed out turning his body to face her. 

"HOLD ON!" She called out in return. She regained control over herself and pulled her arms in allowing herself to dive forward. Once she was under the boy he flipped again to face her. She spread her wings catching the air and lifting up ever so slightly. Kane landed on her back with a thud. She wobbled at the contact but soon focused in on a rock stack not too far out. Kane positioned himself to be inline with her, belly down, legs back, but let his arms wrap securely around her neck. Feeling the wind on his face as they soared towards the land mass. 

"Brace yourself!" Melody called up to him. She felt him hold just a bit tighter. She pulled her arms in holding his as they crash landed on the rock stack, sending patches of grass rooted dirt into the air. 

The two laid there on their backs for a few moments. Melody deactivated her helmet as she caught her breath and they watched the sky until their dragons appeared above them.

"You flew"

"I flew" 

Kane looks over at her. His brain finally catching up to his body and processing that his girlfriend who had been kidnapped was laying beside him. He scrambled to his feet pulling her with him. Wrapping his arms around her tightly as if she might disappear. 

"You're alive" he pushed at her shoulders so his eyes could meet hers. 

"You arent hurt are you?" He steps back and scans her body, hands still on her shoulders. 

"no, Avel saved me" She smiled 

"Who?" Kane's face twists into a look of confusion. 

"Avel. The windfury" She pointed up at the grey dragon hovering above. 

"Thank you" Hiccup gave a little nod to the windfury. Avel gave a small one in return.

"Toothless. Good to see you in good health. well, almost I guess" he takes a quick glance at the red tail fin. 

Toothless let out a gentle laugh "You too Avel" 

"Thanks for saving my girl" Hero flies up to him pushing her head into his. 

"anything for you Wave" He smiles before she turns to lower herself down to Melody. 

"Hero!" Melody pushed past Kane and over to her dragon. "Oh Thor how I missed you" She hugged the dragon tightly. 

"I missed you too Melody" Hero nudged into her. 

"Where were you guys going? How did you know I would be that direction." Melody turns on her heels to where Kane stood. 

"We didnt really. We assumed you would be taken to the floating islands" Kane replied swiftly. 

"We assumed Hunter would use the islands as a base camp out of the way" Terra explains further. 

"Wait the floating islands? If Hunter is there where is the colony?" Melody whip's her head around to her parents. 

"Dont worry Melody, The other furies got wind of movement on the islands not long ago. The few of us remaining riderless.." Avel paused and looks to Toothless and Hero " Went and evacuated the island. We split the colony amongst our own. With no amulet on the islands they became just islands." 

Melodoy's POV

"I see. We will get their home back soon, I promise. But we will need a plan." I glance around to the gang. They all nodded in agreement. 

"I should be on my way. Ive been from my colony for too long. Be safe Melody" Avel lowers himself to me.

"I will" I smile at him. He turns to fly away before I call out "Avel?!" He glanced over his shoulder one last time. "Thank you!" I wave him good bye as he turns with a smile before returning to the cover of the clouds. 

I turn back to Kane and watch his eyes intently. Suddenly unaware of the rest of my family above us I pull him in for a kiss. I feel him hesitate before kissing me back. after a moment I break away and hug him tightly. letting my head nestle perfectly under his chin.

"What in Thors name is happening? when did friends start kissing?" I look up to see Tuff scratching his head. 

"They didnt you mutton head" Snotlout interjects. I chuckle under my breath with Kanes arm still around my waist. 

"So they are more than friends?" Tuff questions. 

"obviously" Heather interjects. 

"Did anyone else know this? did we get left in the dark again?" Ruff glares at each of the other riders. 

"I knew" Mom smiles softly. I feel Kane's hand move from my back to my hand, interlacing his fingers with mine.

"You did?" Dad shoots his head over at her. "Wait- for how long?!" 

"Happy Snoggletog Melody" I hear Kane as he squeezes my hand gently.

Still watching my parents banter, I reply with smile,  "Happy snoggletog Kane"

Heres a fun drawing I did of when Avel and Melody burst through the clouds. 

I hope everyone had a happy snoggletog and a happy new year :) 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro