9 - The Cove

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Kane's POV

When we land on the island I hop off spike immediately. I race over to Hero and Melody. I pull her off and lay her down. "She should have woken up by now" Lima tells us. "Her body would have woken her up so it could consume what ever it needs for energy" he adds. "How long has she been out?" Astrid asks. "Well She was out for two hours before she woke up the first time, that was because I'm guessing they knocked her out, then she fainted right after you guys found us." Terra explains. "Hmm. We need to wake her up. Now. Before it's too late" Fish-legs tells us. I notice hiccup clench his fists. "I'll try" Astrid walks over to us and I back up. "Baby girl? Come on. It's me, your mom. You've got to wake up for us. Please" she held her and spoke softly. "Why don't we try" the twins said and pushed Astrid away. They started to shake her and yell For her to wake up. "Woah woah woah!" I pull the twins off of her. While hiccup takes her into his arms. "Melody. Please wake up. Please wake up for me. We can only help you if you wake up" but still nothing. Then I notice Hero nudge at Hiccup. "Not now girl" he tells her off. She let out a small growl. "Woah woah, ok... fine" hiccup places Melody back down. Toothless comes over and pulls Hiccup away. He then gets in between us and Melody. He was keeping us all at a distance. "Bud what are you doing?" Hiccup asks Toothless. Then I notice Hero Open her mouth and it lit up. "No! Hero! Stop!" I yell and go to run to her but toothless growls when I got too close. I slowly back up. I watched closely never taking my eyes off of Melody. Then she shot. I look over to see Astrid holding hiccup back. "Wait look!" Terra yells. Melody fluttered her eyes open. I rush past toothless and hug her tightly. "Are you ok?" I ask then look at Hero. "She used some sort of healing blast." Liam said. "I-I'm ok. My head just hurts. And I feel so weak" she tells me. "Here. Eat this" I hand her an apple from my bag. "Thanks Kane." She thanks me then looks up at everyone. "Dad!" She yells and tried to stand up but I hold her down. "You need to stay seated this time. We warned you last time and you didn't listen. This time? Please listen to us" I tell her. She looks up at me and smiles.

That night
Melody's POV

I watch everyone sleep, while I lean up on Hero. I can't sleep again tonight. I've regained all my strength and can stand and walk. I need alone time... I stand up and Hero gets up and follows me. We walk to a ledge to sit and over look the sea. "Couldn't sleep either?" I heard a familiar voice. I turn around and see Dad. "Oh, hey Dad. You were just asleep" I say to him. "Yeah, sort of. Have you gotten any sleep?" He asks me. "No. How could I? After everything that happened." I look out to the water. "At least he's gone.." he tells me. "Wait what?" I look up at him. "Yeah..  he went down with his ship. Hero sunk him" She perked her head up when she heard her name. "Wow, it feels like a weight is lifted off my shoulders. I had no idea" I look him in the eyes. "I thought Kane told you" he looks to me. "No. He didn't. But at least I know. I can rest easy now" I look over at Hero. I smile slightly before leaning on dad's shoulder. I can feel my eyes getting heavy. I slowly close them and fall asleep.

Hiccups POV

I felt Melody Lean on my shoulder and not long after she was asleep. I picked her up and Toothless and Hero followed me back to base camp. When I got there Astrid was awake. "Is she ok?" She asks me. "Yeah, just sleeping" I respond. "Oh ok." She responds. I lay her down and Hero curls up with her. I look over at  Astrid. "Get some sleep" I kiss her on the head. She smiles at me then lays back down. I sit with toothless until the sun comes out. I wasn't able to get any more sleep.

When morning finally comes and every one starts to wake up I was still up, I couldn't sleep, I don't know why but I just couldn't. "Well, now that we are all feeling better." Melody starts. "I think it's time we properly welcome you to The Cove" Melody says to the group.  Then Hero, Windwhip, Spike, And Boulder, shouted into the air to create fire works. I look over at Melody who was smiling at the sky. I smile at her then look around at the place my daughter will call home.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro