16: Life Goes On For Better Or Worse

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Legoshi sat on the beach, thinking.

What comes to Melon's mind when he looks at the sea, I wonder? I don't see my mom in Melon but they were both born hybrids and suffered because of it. So I can't see Melon as entirely evil... What did YN see in him? Legoshi took a deep breath. What even comes to my mind when I look at the sea? I think... I think I'd like to take YN here and talk to her while we look at the sea. Although if she was next to me the whole time, I wouldn't even be looking at the sea. I'd be looking into her eyes... such mysterious things... His heart swelled thinking of them. They were what drew him to you in the first place. Or I could have brought the guys from school. It'd be nice if we could swim together. All canines like water. I'd also like to go to the open sea with Zaguan, my seal neighbor. He could take me to his home... Aren't I the optimist? Or is it that I'm becoming an optimist. I think I'm actually enjoying life for once.

"I've got some hard news for you, kid." Gouhin sat down at the edge of the bed. "You've been doing pretty well with treatment, so I'm kind of worried about telling you. But I can't put it off much longer."

Your heart started to really beat-- anxiety coursed through your veins. Did Legoshi die? Was someone else you cared about hurt?

"Wh-What is it Gouhin!? Just tell me!" You were concerned, but the feeling was escalating

"The hospital... their blood tests came back."

"Am I sick?" You interjected. It was hard to describe the emotion inside of you. As if life was moving as if in slow motion, but your surroundings are racing past you; like your mind was stuck on vibrate and you couldn't calm it down. It was a feeling of worry you would get when you couldn't sleep because you had an important exam the next morning, or like a thousand tabs are open at the same time and you had to watch them carefully, each one of them at the same time. But then everything closed down with no warning, a fatal error, and nothing seemed to work anymore. Your sense of fear and survival were heightened, but in actuality, you were just sitting on the bed. Perhaps it felt like you were wading in water, and suddenly you were drowning and couldn't catch your breath. Or even your body was reacting to a real emergency while your brain is wondering what the emergency is — because there was not one yet. It was that bad feeling you got in the pit of your stomach when something bad was going to happen. Similar to perhaps missing a step walking down stairs or almost falling back in your chair while at the same time having water sloshing in your stomach. You could feel it crashing around, hitting all sides, changing in intensity, getting worse and worse.

"No... You're pregnant."

Your entire body felt like it dropped. Things had just started to feel even a touch better. And now reality yanked you back into your body and your brain asked you to address it.

"I want... I want to talk to Gosha." You stated.

"Should Yahya come?" Gouhin put his paw on your back.

"He'd probably like to..." You mumbled.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro