Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Caspian woke up the next morning with a breakfast tray at the foot of his bed. He quickly ate and dressed in fine clothing, for several princesses would be coming this evening for a royal feast in their honor, for he would aquatint himself with the princesses.

"Good morning sire!" Reepicheep spoke standing on his tray. "Sleep well?"

"Very much so." The King smiled at the noble mouse.

"What are the plans for today?" Reepicheep bit into a piece of bread. He was One of Caspian's closest friends.

"We go into town. Pick up some flowers and gifts for the princesses tonight." Caspian spoke with a mouthful.

"Ah yes, but you might want to swallow your food before you approach the princesses." Reepicheep chuckled as Caspian looked down a bit embarrassed which made the mouse laugh even harder.

"Come on then!" Caspian clasped his sword to his belt. "We have gifts to buy!"

They quickly rode into town. As they picked up flowers.

"What else do you think I should get the princesses?" Caspian asked.

"We'll give them a necklace! The same one!" Reepicheep added.

"Why the same one?" Caspian asked

"Because if you get each girl a different gift they are bound to fight over you- who you favor most."

"Excellent point." Caspian mischievously grinned "Has someone been courting some lovely ladies lately?"

"Maybe. But that's not the point! I am here to assist you sire!" Reepicheep spoke hurriedly

"Of course. " The King grinned while paying for necklaces. He handed the material to the guard "Take this to the palace. "

Suddenly the crowd gasped as Caspian walked forward to see what was going on. There was a beautiful woman, beaten, bruised, and a bit bloody trying to quickly follow the mans bellowing orders.

"HURRY UP!" He bellowed.

"I'm sorry- but we have no-" she spoke quietly as a palm across her face.  She fell back too weak to stand.

"I'll get what I want - or your going to pay!" He roared. Tears streamed down the poor girls face as she tried to stand.

"You-"

Anger rose within Caspian as he approached the scene. How dare he treat a woman like that!

"Hey! Leave her alone!" Caspian yelled drawing his sword.

"Your highness-"

"Don't your highness me! How dare you treat her like that! What has she done?! What has she done to deserve this?"

"She's my slave. She does as I order her to." He spoke.  "She's mine!"

"How much." Caspian spoke with gritted teeth.

"What?"

"How much for her freedom?"

"You can't be serious!" The man spoke jaw hanging "I own her-"

"You do not own anyone. So let me ask again. How much for her freedom?" Caspians eyes glowering with fury.

"Five pounds." He spoke as Caspian tossed him a sack and grabbed the scruff of his collar. "I don't want to see you Ever treat anyone like that again do you understand? Or you'll be thrown in the cells."  Caspian released him as the crowd stared. "The same goes for the rest of you!"

The King walked over to the frail girl as his heart filled with anger, and sadness.

"Thank you." She rasped

"Your welcome." He spoke gently scooping her in his arms. "May I have a name?"

"Isabella." She spoke before blacking out.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro