Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Isabella woke up to faint sunlight and soft and comfortable sheets. She sat upright and began to panic when a familiar face calmed her nerves.

"It's alright, your safe now." He reassured with a kind smile.

"Thank you. For saving me." She stuttered. "I really appreciate it."

"It was no trouble really." He held out a hand "Caspian."

She cautiously gave him her hand as he kissed it causing a blush to coat her cheeks and a smile to form. "Isabella."

"Your highness- oh she's awake!" A nurse spoke.

"Oh your highness I had no-" Isabella began as Caspian grasped her hands

"Please. It's just Caspian. Is prefer it that way." He smiled as Isabella nodded.

The nurse began to examine the patient as the King entertained her with many stories.

"Well she's good as new. Free to go!"The nurse beamed as she left.

Isabella's face fell as she thought of returning to her horrid master. She didn't want to leave Caspian- she felt safe for once in her life. She couldn't go back....

"What is it?"  The King asked with concern

"You've been so kind to me,and honestly I don't want to go back." She sniffed eyes welling with tears. "I dread the horrible things that will happen if I do..."

He grinned a wide grin and held a piece of paper. "You won't have to."

Isabella's hand went to her mouth as she began to cry tears of joy. She hugged the King, for she was in great debt.

"Why are you being so kind to me?" She asked after the embrace.

"Because, " he spoke wiping her tears with his thumb. "You deserve it." He smiled adoringly at her at how she appreciated everything. He liked everything about her. She was kind, humble, gracious, courageous, and beautiful-

No! He couldn't think like that! He has to marry a princess!

"There is a feast tonight, and I was wondering if you would like to join. You must be very hungry." He smiled

"You've done more-" she began as he held up a hand.

"I do this because I want to, not because I'm forced into it."

"Forgive me, for even if I were to attend-I have nothing to wear.." She looked down in shame

The King laughed "all will be fixed!"

Several seamstresses came in as The King stood up. "I must get ready myself. I hope to see you tonight."

Isabella's heart soared. She couldn't wait to see him again.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro