1 | hogwarts express

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Why does she come if she hates us so much?" Rose hissed under breath as Lily and her made their way through the train station.

"Keep it down," Lily replied with a shake of her head, her hand moving to grip her twins forearm. She glanced behind her for a brief moment, "She could hear you."

"It's ironic that we're the witches and she's the one who's such a bi-"

"Rose!" Lily exclaimed and Rose rolled her eyes.

"She's called us worse," she replied simply and Lily frowned. Rose linked her arms with her sister. "But who cares if we're freaks because we're freaks together!"

"Would you keep it down?" she requested again but Rose could see the grin making its way onto her face.

The twins said a quick goodbye to their parents and made their way onto the train, ignoring the looks sent to them by their older sister. Lily huffed as they hopped onto the train, "You know, I don't get it."

"Get what?" Rose asked in confusion.

"Why she hates us so much," Lily frowned.

"Her little sisters got magical powers and she got nothing," Rose reminded the girl. "Wouldn't you be jealous if you were her?"

"You think she's jealous?" Lily asked in surprise.

"Of us? Who wouldn't be?"

Lily laughed before resting her head on the girl's shoulder. She opened her mouth to say something, "Oh, no." Rose grew confused until she saw who was coming their way. Lily started walking away, "Cover for me."

"Wait-" Rose tried but she was already gone. She turned around to face James Potter who was looking behind her. He moved to go around the girl but she stopped him from doing so, "Sorry, sir, but I can't let you do that."

James pouted dramatically, "Not even this one time?"

"Not in a million years," Rose shook her head. She grabbed his arm and pulled him back the way he had come from. "Now where are your little friends."

"Don't be rude," James suggested and she rolled her eyes.

"That's not me being rude," she informed him as she stopped in front of a rather loud compartment. "Found it," she announced before opening the compartment door. She shoved James inside and he turned around to glare at her. She merely smirked as she addressed those in the area, "You lost something."

"Can't lose something you wanted gone to begin with," Remus pointed out to which Rose grinned in response.

"I knew I liked one of you," she said as she took a seat across from where James had settled down. "You may want to keep him on a tighter leash though. My sister may have more self control then me but even she has her limits."

"Please," James scoffed. "Your sister is an angel."

"Yeah?" Rose mused as she propped her legs up in the boys lap. "And what does that make me?"

He smirked, "Do you really want to know?"

She raised an eyebrow, "Do you really want to tell me?"

"Fair enough," James huffed as he adjusted her feet slightly. He leaned back in his seat, "This is our last year here."

"How observant of you," Rose replied and he narrowed his eyes at the girl.

"I think I can get Lily to say yes."

Rose snorted, "Good luck with that."

He sat up causing her feet to fall from his lap. She glared at him as he sat up, resting his elbows on his knees, "You could help me, you know. You're her sister. She listens to you."

She gasped dramatically, "We're sister's? Here I was thinking we just coincidentally looked exactly the same."

"Can you be serious for two seconds?" he requested.

"I'm not going to help you get in my sister's pants," she informed him.

"You make it sound so vulgar."

"That's because it is vulgar," she pointed out.

"I'm not trying to get in her pants," he countered.

Rose raised an eyebrow, "So you don't want to have sex with her?"

"I didn't say that," he replied before shaking his head. "Let's just drop it," he suggested, "There's no way this conversation works out in my favor."

She smirked, "After six years, he's finally learned something."

"If it isn't my favorite Evans sister," Sirius mused from where the compartment door had opened. He entered, plopping down next to her. She rolled her eyes as he moved his arm around her neck and pulled her toward him, "How are you doing, love?"

"I'm fine," she huffed before placing her hands on his chest and pushing him away. "Better before you showed up. As usual."

He smirked, "You know you love me."

"You caught me," she replied nonchalantly as she stood up. "I love you so much that it hurts to be in the same room as you." She reopened the compartment door as she faced the group, "Have a lovely ride."

"Wait, where are you going?" James asked as he sat up in his seat.

"To find Tonks," she shrugged. "She'll be better company than you lot."

"I'm going to choose not to be offended by that," he replied with narrowed eyes. "See you at the feast?"

She shrugged again, "If I feel like enduring your company then maybe."

He placed his hand over his chest with a fake pout, "You wound me."

"That's the goal, Potter," she replied simply before turning out of the compartment and making her way to where her friend would be.

"Say 'hello' to my cousin for me, would you?" Sirius requested but Rose ignored him.

As Rose made her way through the train, someone grabbed her arm and yanked her into a compartment. She grabbed her wand quickly and pointed it at the stranger only to lower it once the person's face morphed into one she was familiar with. "Nymphadora!" she whacked the girl on the shoulder, "I would have hexed you."

"Don't call me Nymphadora," she growled in distaste.

"Then don't pull me into an empty compartment disguised as a stranger," she replied with narrowed eyes.

"Deal," the Hufflepuff replied with a sigh. A grin overtook her face and Rose raised an eyebrow, "Guess what?"

Rose watched her for a moment, "What?"

"Remus talked to me this morning!" she squealed and Rose let out a sigh. Remus Lupin, close friend of James Potter, therefore good acquaintance of Rose herself. Tonks had been crushing on him for as long as she could remember. "We bumped into each other when boarding the train. Well, more I bumped into him. It was an accident, I swear! But he apologized like it was his fault and-"

"Dora," Rose interrupted the girl. "What exactly did he say?"

"He said, 'Sorry about that.'"

"And?"

She frowned, "That's it."

Rose huffed, "Dora...I think it's time for you to move on."

"Why would I want to do that?"

"You've never even had an actual conversation with him," she reminded the girl. She opened her mouth to argue but Rose quickly added, "You weren't really yourself."

"I was," she protested, her arms crossing over her chest in defiance. "I just didn't look like myself."

"Have a conversation with him as you," she suggested and the girl grimaced. "Otherwise I think it really is time for you to move on."

She huffed, "How do I talk to him?"

Rose rolled her eyes as she pulled the girl from the compartment, "I suggest walking up to him and saying 'hello.' Then again, maybe that's starting off a bit strong." Tonks elbowed the girl in the side and Rose laughed. "There's a Gryffindor start of term party tonight," she explained, "You can talk to him then."

The girl let out a shaky breath, "Yeah, al-"

The train jolted before coming to an abrupt stop. The girls just barely grabbed the walls in time to stop themselves from falling. "What the hell was that?" Rose muttered as she instinctively grabbed her friend's arm protectively.

"I don't know," Tonks shook her head as she looked around. "Maybe we should-" but the words stopped in her throat as a dreadful feeling washed over the both of them. "Inside," she managed to get out but it was too late.

Rose's hand gripped around her wand and shook her head slightly as a black figure approached them. Dementor. She raked her mind for the lesson in class. The spell. What was the spell?

She squeezed her eyes shut. Happiest memory, she reminded herself. Think of your happiest memory. "Expecto Patronum!" she shouted, taking the girl next to her by surprise. A white and blue wisp of smoke emerged from her wand, forming into that of a female deer before it ran after the dementor's sending them flying backward and back to wherever they had come in from.

Rose gasped as she dropped her arm to her side. "That was..." Tonks trailed off, the icky feeling vanquishing as pride set in. "That was awesome!"

The redhead managed to emit a laugh but she stumbled slightly. The spell had taken a great deal of energy from her. Or maybe it was the dementor's.

People stepped out of their compartments and looked around in both awe and fear, no doubt having seen the Patronus spell. They all turned to look at a heavy breathing Rose with wide eyes.

"Rose!" someone shouted from down the hall. She turned around to find her sister running toward her. Lily threw her arms around the girl's neck, pulling her into a hug, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Rose nodded. "Nothing I couldn't handle."

Lily pulled away slightly, her hands landing on either side of the girl's face, "Are you sure?"

Rose flashed a smile, "Of course I'm sure." Her gaze flickered to behind the girl where James stood with an expression that was both sad and confused. The latter didn't surprise the girl seeing as he was virtually always confused.

She sent him a smile which he returned weakly before she focused her attention on her sister who was still freaking out. "I'm fine," she repeated, "Promise."

Lily stuck up her pinky finger and Rose rolled her eyes before linking her own pinky with her sister's, "Promise?"

Rose nodded, "Promise."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro