2 | veritaserum or dare

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"No one knows," Rose announced from where she laid on the couch in the Gryffindor common room. "They shouldn't have been able to leave Azkaban, at least not without permission. Dumbledore was livid though. Guess he never agreed with Dementor's guarding the prison to begin with."

The feast went by smoothly. Well, as smoothly as it could be when it consisted of Lily and Tonks pestering Rose on if she was really okay.

Tonks and Rose ultimately decided to show up to the party at least for a little while. The former tried to get Rose to stay behind but it was no use.

Rose sat up slightly and nudged Tonks, "He's over there. Go talk to him."

The girl gulped, "Right."

"Hey, Tonks?"

"Hmm."

"You have to actually walk over there."

"Oh."

"Tonks," Rose huffed. "If he doesn't like you for you, he doesn't deserve you."

"No, that makes sense," she nodded as she took a deep breath. She stood up, "What if he hates me?"

"Then you know it's time for you to move on."

"Right," she nodded with a shaky breath.

"Tonks."

"I know."

"Go."

"But-"

"Go!"

"Okay, okay," she breathed out. She made her way toward the boy but stopped halfway, turning to face Rose. Rose waved her to keep going and Tonks sucked in a breath before approaching Remus Lupin.

Rose smiled in contentment. Whether he rejected her or not, everything would be how it's supposed to be. That's all that matters.

"Rosaline Evans," someone greeted and she rolled her eyes.

"That's not my name," she informed them as she rested her hands behind her head. "It's just Rose."

"I know," Sirius replied. "I just like irritating you."

She stuck her arm out and nailed him in the thigh causing him to groan in pain.

"Rude," he muttered, rubbing the spot she had hit. "Is that Nymphadora talking to Remus?" Sirius asked after a moment.

"Do you know anyone else with hair that pink?"

He snorted, "Only took her six years."

"Is there a reason you're here?"

He rolled his eyes, "We're playing a game of Veritaserum or Dare. I was sent to see if anyone else wanted to join. I volunteered to ask you."

"Of course you did," she huffed. "I'm good."

"Always a party pooper," he sighed. "And here I was thinking you were the fun twin."

She snorted, "I'd like to see you try to get Lily to play."

"She is playing."

Rose shot up at this, "What?"

Sirius nodded with an amused expression, "James was surprised too. Thought he was going to pass out when she said yes."

"I'm not playing but I'll watch," she informed him as she hopped off the couch.

"That's just boring," he huffed. "I'll have to rescind your label as the favored Evans twin."

"You do that," she suggested as she followed him to wherever the game was taking place. They arrived and Rose was happy to find a grinning Tonks talking to Remus.

She caught Rose's eye and smiled excitedly. She held her hand up and pointed at Remus through it as though he couldn't see it. The boy blushed slightly as Tonks mouthed, 'I did it.'

Rose laughed at her friend before she hopped up on the window sill so she was looking down at the group. James looked up upon seeing that she wasn't joining them on the floor, "You're not playing?"

She shook her head, "I've had my fair share of Veritaserum or Dare games and it never ends in my favor."

"Come on, Rose!" Lily exclaimed and Rose's head snapped in her sister's direction. It was clear that she had some firewhiskey and seeing as the girl drank pretty much never, she didn't know her limit. "It'll be fun!"

"I'll let you be the fun twin tonight," Rose informed her with an amused expression. "How does that sound?"

"Sounds like you're the best sister, ever!"

Peter snorted, "She is going to be so glad when she doesn't remember this in the morning."

"My only competition is Petunia," Rose pointed out. "I don't exactly have competition."

Lily huffed before she leaned toward James, resting her head on his shoulder. The boy was rendered speechless by the action and Rose watched in amusement. It was unfortunate because she doubted either of them would remember in the morning.

Sirius clapped his hands together before entering the center of the circle, "The rules are simple. You're given a dare or you take a shot of firewhiskey that's laced with Veritaserum. Like I said, simple."

Lily's hand shot up and Sirius huffed, turning to face the girl. "This isn't a class, Evans, you can just call out."

"Oh," she replied, lowering her hand. "What if the dare is dangerous?"

"If you think it's too dangerous, you take a shot," he answered. "Anymore questions?" Her lips pressed together and she shook her head. "Great, let's begin."

The game was boring, if Rose were completely honest. But then again, Slytherins tended to be more gruesome with their dares.

"Nymphadora," Sirius chimed. "You have to give James a dare."

She scowled, "Don't call me that."

"It's your name," he pointed out. "Now come up with a dare, you're wasting time."

"I can't think of a dare."

Sirius smirked, "I've got a dare for Prongs."

James looked up at this and visibly swallowed, "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Go for it," Tonks waved off. "I can't think of anything."

"I dare you to kiss Rose," Sirius announced and the girl's head shot up at this.

"Don't drag me into this," Rose hissed. "There's a reason I didn't want to play."

Before Sirius could reply, James had grabbed a shot from the center of the circle and downed it. He grimaced, shaking his head slightly. "I chose Veritaserum."

Oh, thank Merlin, Rose couldn't help but think in relief.

"Hmm," Sirius replied with narrowed eyes. "Care to share with the group why you chose the cheap way out." James clamped his mouth shut and shook his head. "Come on, James."

"You know," James spoke up. "I think I'm done playing."

"Agreed," Lily spoke up, hiccuping slightly. James turned to look at the girl with furrowed eyebrows.

"And that's my cue," Rose announced as she hopped off the windowsill. She crossed the circle and helped Lily to her feet. Rose looked down at James, "Say goodnight to the love of your life so I can put her to bed."

James looked up at her with wide eyes and merely shook his head. Rose grew confused but brushed it off.

"Hey," Lily spoke up as she played with the ends of Rose's hair. "You kind of look like me."

"Crazy," Rose replied, fighting down a laugh. "We could be twins."

She giggled at this and Rose wrapped her arm around her sister's waist before leading her up the stairs. Rose managed to kick open the door to the girl's dorm and plopped Lily down on her bed.

"Hmm," Lily said as she snuggled up to her blanket. "Thank you."

"It's just my job," she replied as she sat down at the foot of her bed and found clothes for her sister. "Now tell me, what compelled you to get so drunk?"

Lily frowned, "I'm scared."

"Of?"

"Everything," she huffed. "And today on the train...I was so worried. I don't like being afraid."

"Not sure anyone does."

After changing the girl into more comfortable clothes, Rose decided it was time to head back to the Slytherin common room. The Gryffindor common room was virtually silent.

"Evans!" James shouted as Rose descended the stairs. "I've been looking for you."

She raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

"Your eyes are really pretty," he informed her, a goofy smile gracing his face.

She rolled her eyes, "You've got the wrong twin, Potter."

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "You're not Rose?"

She huffed, "What do you want?"

"There's something I need to tell you," he explained, his words slurring together. He stumbled forward slightly, catching himself on the girl's shoulders. She placed her hand on his forearm to make sure he didn't fall again, "You're my best friend."

"Okay..." she trailed off. "I already knew that."

"Yes, you're my best friend," he nodded as though she had been the one to say it. "But-"

She waved her hands quickly, cutting him off. A sentence starting with 'but' never ended well. "Don't," she suggested. "I don't want to hear it." She patted him on the shoulder as she removed his hands from her shoulders. "Go get some rest, I'll see you in class tomorrow."

She turned to walk away but what he said stopped her in her tracks, "I love you."

"Damn it, Potter!" she exclaimed, turning to face him. "Why couldn't you just keep your mouth shut?"

He frowned, shaking his head slightly, "I don't think I was supposed to tell you that."

"No fucking duh!" she shouted with a huff. "This is why I'm the logical friend between us. You're supposed to listen to me!"

"Well, I-"

"You're drunk," she informed him. "You're drunk and you think I'm my sister. That's what's happening right now. Okay?"

He seemed confused, "Lily? That's not-"

"You're in love Lily," she reminded him. "And the firewhiskey has confused the friendly love you feel towards me with how you feel about my sister. You won't even remember this in the morning."

He shook his head, "No, I-"

"Goodnight, Potter."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro