10 | prophecy

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"I saw it," Harry explained. "It's just like it was with Mr. Weasley. It's the door I've been dreaming about. I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before."

His friends looked at him in concern, "Sirius said Voldemort was after something. Something he didn't have the last time, in the Department of Mysteries.

"Harry, please, just listen," Hemrione tried, "What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you?"

"What if he is?" Harry countered, "I'm supposed to just let him die? Hermione, he's the only family I've got left."

"What do we do?"

"We'll have to use the Floo Network," Ron pointed out, "Umbridge has the chimneys under surveillance."

"Not all of them."

"What if Voldemort doesn't even have him," Abigail pointed out as they made their way to Umbridge's office.

"Better safe than sorry," Harry pointed out before waving his wand, "Alohomora." He faced the other three, "Alert the Order if you can."

"Are you mental?" Ron inquired, "We're going with you."

"It's too dangerous."

"When are you going to get it into your head? We're in this together."

"That you are," Umbridge spoke from behind them, members of her squad dragging Luna and Ginny into her office.

Draco pulled Neville in, "Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl."

"You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?" Umbridge inquired.

"No," Harry protested.

"Liar."

"You sent for me, headmistress?" Snape stated as he looked around at those in the room.

"Snape, yes," she nodded, "The time has come for answers, whether he wants to give them to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?"

"I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students," he pointed out, "The last of it on Miss Chang. Unless you wish to poison him...And I assure you, I would have the greatest sympathy if you did...I cannot help you."

"He's got Padfoot," Harry exclaimed, "He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden."

"Padfoot?" Umbridge looked around frantically, "What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden?" She looked up at the potions teacher, "What is he talking about, Snape?"

He looked at Harry and back at Umbridge, "No idea."

"Very well, you give me no choice, Potter. You seem awfully keen of Ms. Lupin here," Umbridge observed as she pushed the girl down into the chair and pointed her wand at her, "As this is an issue of Ministry security...you leave me with no alternative. I'm sure watching her undergo the Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue."

Abigail's eyes widened in response but other than that she showed no sign of fear. "That's illegal," the girl pointed out.

"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him."

"Tell her, Harry!" Hermione exclaimed.

"No, don't," Abigail shook her head as she looked up at Harry who was growing increasingly alarmed. "I can take it."

She looked back up at Umbridge who was moving her wand closer to her, "Tell me what?"

"Don't," Abigail spoke as she gripped the arms of the chair and looked Umbridge dead in the eyes, "Let's see what you've got."

"Is this really necessary?" Draco inquired and everyone in the room turned to him in confusion at his speaking up, "Wouldn't it make more sense to torture Harry directly?"

Abigail rolled her eyes at the boy before Umbridge explained, "He doesn't care for himself nearly as much as he cares for this girl." She steadied her wand and pointed it at the girl, "Cru-"

"I'll tell you where it is!" Hermione exclaimed, "I will." She ignored the looks from others in the room as Umbridge turned to her in excitement.

"Where what is?" Umbridge asked.

"Dumbledore's secret weapon."

"Lead the way Miss Granger, Potter, you come with us as well," Umbridge announced. "Malfoy, seize the girl." Draco walked over and raised the girl to her feet, "You got out of it this time."

Draco walked over to the wall with the struggling girl. "Let me go," Abigail hissed.

"Oh, shut it," he muttered. "Shouldn't you be glad you didn't just get tortured?"

"Here I was thinking being in your presence was torture in and of itself."

"Clever," he sneered as the girl froze in his grasp. "What-"

"You said you don't hurt the innocent!" Hermione shouted as she cried. "We haven't hurt you. We don't have our wands, we aren't a threat!"

"We are not like the traitor Firenze!" one of the centaurs shouted. "Perhaps you thought us pretty talking horses? We are ancient people and will not stand for these insults! We do not acknowledge your superiority, we are-"

There was a loud noise from behind the centaurs and Harry was dropped to the floor. Hermione had been dropped as well and he ran over to join her as Grawp, Hagrid's brother, emerged.

"What is she doing?" Millicent demanded.

"She's weird is all," Ron said quickly, "Tends to zone out mid-conversation. It's quite annoying really."

Draco held the girl up as she started to drop, "Is she-Is she dead?"

Ginny tilted her head at the girl, "No, I don't think so."

Abigail gasped quietly as she seemed to come back to reality. Everyone was watching her curiously.

"What was that?" Draco asked curiously.

"Oh, that..." she trailed off quietly, "That was just me...um...getting light headed. I've barely eaten anything today."

"Here," Ron suggested as he pulled out a box of Fred and George's candies, "That'll help."

Abigail reached for the box in confusion but before she could grab it, Crabbe had taken the box from Ron. Crabbe and Goyle each took a handful before passing it around to the other members of the Inquisitorial Squad.

They each seemed all too excited to eat the Weasley's candies. They seemed to recognize their mistake when they all started to throw up. The D.A. members were quick to snake out of the room, ignoring the shouts from the office.

Abigail pulled out her wand and pointed it at the now closed door, "Colloportus."

"Do you know where they are?" Ron asked.

"They were in the woods. Hermione brought Umbridge out there and the centaurs took her. Grawp showed up and that's all I saw."

"You saw it?" Neville inquired.

"It's hard to explain," Abigail shook her head as they made their way down the hall. "Right now, we need to get to Hermione and Harry."

"Abigail, Ron!" Hermione shouted and they turned to see them running from the woods, "How did you get out?"

"Ron tried to offer me Puking Pastilles and they were all over it," Abigail explained.

"That was clever, Ron," Hermione smiled at him in admiration.

Ron blushed a little at this, "Has been known to happen."

"Harry, I really don't think he's in any trouble," Abigail shook her head, "This is why you were supposed to continue with the lessons and actually try. You don't know if it's real or if Voldemort - oh, get over it Ron - is tricking you. But if you genuinely think he might be in danger..."

"I can't risk it," Harry stated. "What if he is in trouble? I can't just let him be on his own."

"Well, you're certainly not going alone," Abigail informed him.

"I'm not risking any of you getting hurt either."

"It's adorable that you think you have a say in the matter."

"You know, I hate that you're so persistent and I can't do anything about it."

"No, you don't," she pointed out. "Now, how is it that we are going to get there?"

"We fly of course," Luna said as though it were obvious.

"There are only six of them right now," Luna explained as she walked the group towards a clearing, "Someone will have to share."

"On second thought..." Abigail trailed off as she stared at the Thestral in front of her, "You guys got this. What difference does it make if I don't go?"

She started to back away but Harry was quick to grab her hand, "It makes all the difference."

"Is there really no other way to get there?"

"We're kind of short on options and time," he pointed out as he settled on the Thestrals back, he reached his hand down for the girl to take, "I'll be right here."

She reached her hand up and he helped her onto the back of the creature. She could feel it move beneath her and she shivered slightly.

The group began their ascent to the Department of Ministries and Abigail was holding on to Harry for dear life. "Oh this was an awful idea," Abigail frowned as she buried her face into Harry's back.

"We're almost there," he explained, "Just don't look down."

"Too late."

"What I don't understand is how you can play Quidditch yet hate heights," he inquired.

"It's different," she squeezed her eyes tight, "I'm in control and I guide the broom. I don't have to rely on something that might change its mind at any minute."

He glanced back at her and was about to respond when he heard Hermione yell something. He turned to look at her as the Thestral redirected itself and started downward. Harry looked down as the Thestral started the descent to the Department of Ministries.

Everyone was off their Thestral's and made their way inside. "This is it," Harry announced as they walked down the hall.

"He should be here," he stated and they all entered the room.

"Abigail," Ginny announced and Abigail walked over to her, "That's your name."

"What?" she inquired and Ginny pointed up at the ball that did indeed have her name on it. Abigail pulled it down from the shelf.

She quickly slipped the orb into her pocket and she turned to face Ron, who had called Harry over, "It's got your name on it."

Harry picked up the ball and Abigail spoke up warily as she saw a group of figures approaching, "Harry."

"Where's Sirius?" Harry demanded.

"You know, you really should learn to tell the difference between dreams and reality," Lucius Malfoy pointed out, "You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see. Now, hand me the prophecy."

"If you do anything to us," he warned, "I'll break it."

"He knows how to play," the woman behind Lucius teased as she stepped forward, "Itty, bitty baby. Potter."

"Bellatrix Lestrange," Neville concluded.

"Neville Longbottom, is it?" she inquired, "How's Mum and Dad?"

"Better, now that they're about to be avenged."

"Now, let's everybody just calm down shall we?" Lucius suggested, "All we want is that prophecy."

"Why did Voldemort need me to come and get this?" Harry asked.

"You dare speak his name?" Bellatrix snarled, "You filthy half-blood!"

"Prophecies can only be retrieved by those about whom they are made," Lucius pointed out, "Which is lucky for you, really. Haven't you always wondered what was the reason for the connection between you and the Dark Lord? Why he was unable to kill you when you were just an infant? Don't you want to know the secret of your scar?" He pointed at the prophecy in Harry's hand, "All the answers are there, Potter, in your hand. All you have to do is give it to me. Then I can show you everything."

"I've waited 14 years," Harry replied.

"I know."

"I guess I can wait a little longer," he shrugged before shouting, "Now."

Everyone raised their wands at once, "Stupefy!"

They ran off in separate directions as they tried to get away from the Death Eaters.

"Impedimenta!" Abigail pointed her wand at one of them and they froze.

"Luna, Neville!" Abigail shouted quickly at the two, "This way."

"Petrificus Totalus!" Neville yelled at the one behind them.

"Well done, Neville," Luna congratulated as the three of them ran to meet up with the others.

"Stupefy," Harry shouted as did Hermione and Ron.

"Reducto!" Ginny exclaimed and the prophecies began to fall.

"Get back to the door!" Abigail shouted as the group retreated from the room that was falling apart.

Abigail flung the door open and they all fell down into the room. They levitated a foot above the ground before they dropped and hit the floor.

"Department of Mysteries," Ron spoke up, "They got that bit right, didn't they?"

"The voices," Harry said as he approached the archway, "Can you tell what they're saying?"

"There aren't any voices, Harry," Hermione countered, "Let's get out of here."

"I hear them too," Luna stated as she walked up beside Harry.

"Harry, it's just an empty archway," she tried again, "Please, Harry."

There was a noise from behind them causing Harry to turn around and hold up his wand, "Get behind me." They all moved behind but held up their wands as well.

There were black figures that moved around them and knocked them to the floor. They grabbed each of them and held them in a circle leaving Harry in the middle.

"Did you actually believe-" Lucius Malfoy began as he approached Harry, "-or were you truly naive enough to think that children stood a chance against us?"

Abigail struggled against the Death Eaters hold as Lucius continued, reaching his hand out, "I'll make this simple for you, Potter. Give me the prophecy now or watch your friends die."

"Don't give it to him, Harry," Neville shouted quickly and Bellatrix placed the wand over his throat.

"Harry, no!" Abigail shouted as he started to hand over the prophecy. The Death Eater behind her gripped her tighter.

Harry placed the prophecy in Lucius's hand and there was a flash of light as he released the prophecy.

"Get away from my godson," Sirius warned before he punched Lucius in the face.

There were flashes of light as the other members of the Order appeared and helped the students. The Death Eater that held Abigail released her and she looked up to see her dad standing there, "What did I tell you about getting into trouble?"

"Did you honestly expect me to listen?" she inquired and he rolled his eyes.

Sirius dragged Harry from the line of fire and turned to him quickly, "Now, listen to me. Take the others and get out of here."

"What?" Harry replied, "No, I'm staying with you."

"You've done beautifully," he pointed out, "Now, let me take it from here."

"Where's Harry?" Abigail asked her father quickly as she ran through the rubble that was spreading around them.

"Sirius is with him, right now we need to get you and your friends out of here," Lupin pointed out as they both dodged any spells shot their way. "Abigail!"

She had run away from him and made her way to where Harry and Sirius were fighting off Lucius Malfoy.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry shouted, successfully disarming the Death Eater.

"Nice one," Sirius shouted as he continued to block the shots.

Sirius dodged the red spell quickly but when the second one came, Abigail acted quickly.

"Protego!" Abigail shouted back as she jumped between Sirius and Bellatrix. Everything next happened in a flash. She could see that her father was shouting something and that Harry had grown alarmed at the action but everything was silent. She felt like she had been hit in the chest before there was a pull.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro