[ 4 ]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A Crescent Moon Necklace

✧✧☆✧✧☆✧✧☆✧✧☆✧✧

As Louisa and Maddy separated ways, Louisa went back to the bakery. She went to Marinette's room and she was dozing off. A hand was on her cheek, the elbow propped in her desk. Her head was about to fall, when Louisa caught her head in time. If she hit the desk, then that was a bad way to wake up from a good sleep.

Louisa smiles and gently pulled her hand out. She instead wrote a note using one of her sticky notes.

Mari,

You were already sleeping peacefully so I decided to  let you be. Also, thanks for considering me leaving my polo. I really forgot to wear it. Text me when you're awake! See ya soon!
                                       - Louisa

She had also wrapped a blanket around Marinette to keep her warm.

~

She went back to the park for a stroll. The sun shone brightly as she walked, seeing her shadow.

Louisa touched her braid and moved it to her side. She skipped, feeling like a child. Then she saw a man selling ice cream. It was the same man who she bought ice cream for the girl, Daisy.

She bought one, and sat on the ground, in the shade of the tree. She leaned on the trunk as support.

Next thing she knew, not too far from her, a bird was on the ground. "Probably looking for worms." She said to herself. She continued to look at the bird. Not a minute later, the bird was pulling out something. "Oh? He found a worm already?" She pushed herself up and squat, facing the bird.

But the bird was not pulling out a worm. It's color was gold-like and was sparkling in the sun. Louisa stood up and ran towards the bird. She shooed it.

Louisa's POV

I guess the bird thought it was a worm but it wasn't. I continued to look at the thing the bird was pulling earlier.

Out of curiosity, I kneeled and dig a little in the spot where the thing was. It got a bit longer and I thought it'd be okay to pull it out. And so I did.

To find a beautiful crescent moon necklace in front of me. Some parts were covered in dirt so I used a tissue in my bag to wipe it off. It was...beautiful! Who would leave something like this?

I covered it with tissue and placed it in my pocket. It might be called stealing, but who knows?

It might be worth it in a while.

~

As I walk home, my phone notified me a message.

Mari💙
Heyy Isa! Just read your note! :) Also, why did u go? You could've stayed ://

Received

To: Mari💙
  Aww, I wanted to, but I realized I shouldn't burden you all with the food and stuff. Don't worry, we'll see again soon! :-)

>Sent!

Mari💙
  Okay! Will look forward to it! See you soon! Mwah! :3

I smile. Marinette and I have exchanged numbers because she said she would need it to tell me the schedules and stuff back then. She had also added me to their group chat.

You see, I arrived in their school weeks late. Since I was new, and Marinette volunteered to show me around and all, it was good.

Anyways, I finally arrived at my home. It was just an average house, with two floors, 4 bedrooms with bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room and a stock room, an attic, which was unusually clean, mainly because my family likes it that way, and lastly a terrace, which is only in my room.

The house was given to us by my grandma, because she didn't know what to do with it.

I opened the gate, closed it, and opened the door with my keys. It was silent. And the maids are probably sleeping.

We aren't rich, okay? They too were provided to us for an easier life. Although we treat them like our family, they gladly accepted us.

I went to my room, and changed to my house clothes. For a girl like me, I mostly like to wear loose shirts and stuff. And I hate pajamas most of the time but still wear it when needed.

I changed to a black loose shirt, with a green paw in it. I wore shorts next.

I almost forgot I placed something inside my pants pocket.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro