(6) suspicion

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

author (laughing):  it looks like I have to up the anti a little bit. (grinning wickedly)

Allen & Kanda (seeing author's grin. in unison): I don't like this......

Allen: what do you think she has planned?

Kanda: nothing good that I can tell you.

author: anyway.....I claim no rights or form to D Gray-man and its characters as they are owned by Katsura Hoshino. This story is completely my own idea as I ask for readers to leave me their reviews telling me what they think.

Special keys: "regular human speech", 'thinking', *telepathy/mental speech*, {aquadic telepathic commands}, (author notes), bold - Noah talking, italic - mermaid speech

six - suspicion

It has been one week since Kanda has been taking care of Allen. Kanda seemed more cheerful and upbeat. At times Kanda was humming a strange tune that no one heard before. The marriage arrangement between Kanda and Lenalee had been called off when Lenalee announced her love for Lavi. Lavi knew that something was up with Kanda when the prince seemed to disappear without getting spotted. Finally Lavi had cornered Kanda in his room.

"All right Yuu......I know that you are hiding something. And until you tell me what's going on, I am not letting you out of my sight." stated Lavi which caused Kanda to let out a long sigh.

"I will have to show you in order for you to understand. But under no circumstances are you to utter a word about this to anyone." stated Kanda. Lavi knew that he was being very cautious for a specific reason as Lavi agreed to the terms. Before Lavi and Kanda left the room, Kanda grew deathly pale as he struggled for air. Kanda collapsed onto his knees. Lavi rushed to Kanda's side as this wasn't the first time that Lavi has seen Kanda in this kind of condition. Suddenly a knock came on the door forcing Lavi to answer it. When Lavi saw whom it was, he snarled to himself. It was one of the king's mer-hunters, Tyki Mikk. Lavi knew that this mer-hunter was obsessed with the prince as he would leave him small trinkets of his affection. Jewelry, clothing, and food all made from mermaids. Everyone in the castle knew that ever since Kanda was a small child that he would often get sick whenever he was around the flesh or even the scales of a dead mermaid. No one clearly knew the reason to why but it never stopped Tyki from trying to show Kanda his affections. The dark skinned, dark wavy hair, and dark eye male (his Noah form without the crosses on his forehead) looked surprised to see Lavi answer the door to Kanda's room.

"Where is Prince Kanda?" asked Tyki as Lavi didn't open the door fully. Lavi had to lie and quickly.

"He's out for the day Tyki. I just came to grab a few things as he is off visiting another prospect." replied Lavi. When Tyki tried to peak inside, Lavi stepped out closing the door behind him. Lavi then noticed that the hunter was holding some vibrant colored mermaid scales. "Don't even think about leaving those here Tyki! You know full well how dead mermaids affect the prince. I will tell him that you had stopped by." Lavi snapped at Tyki. He didn't need to be a mind reader to know what Tyki was planning.

"Very well." replied Tyki as he walked off. Once Tyki was gone, Lavi reentered Kanda's room to hear the water running in Kanda's personal bath. Lavi ran to the bathroom to find Kanda totally in the bath tub, clothes and all. On the sides of Kanda's neck two small slits flapped as if they were gills. Lavi reached into the tub pulling out his friend.

"Yuu..........are you all right?" asked Lavi as the small slits seemed to close. Kanda gasped for air grateful that the smell was gone. Kanda's coloring seemed to return as he was having an easier time breathing.

"Let me guess...............Tyki." stated Kanda as he climbed out of the bath turning off the tub and draining the water.

"Yeah. He wanted to leave you a token of his affection. The usual mermaid scales to turn into whatever you desired. You would think by now that he would learn not to bring dead mermaids near you. Anyway are you going to tell me whom has you so cheerful lately?" asked Lavi.

"You will have to see for yourself. Hey Lavi let me ask you seriously........do yo believe that I am even human?" asked Kanda. Lavi looked at Kanda in confussion.

"What do you mean Kanda?" asked Lavi.

"Well think about it Lavi................I get sick whenever I am around dead mermaids, then there are these slits on the side of my neck which are kind of like gills. I can stay underwater for long periods of time as I am never chilled when I am soaked to the bone. Then there is this." Kanda stated opening his shirt to reveal a black tattoo on the left side of his chest (the one from the series. I have never seen it except in amv's on youtube so I won't bother trying to explain the mark for those of you whom have seen it.) "I have had this mark along with Mugen ever since I can remember. Because of the person that I have met, I have been suspecting for a while now that I am not entirely human." stated Kanda. Lavi touched Kanda on his right shoulder.

"You are yourself Yuu Kanda and no one else. You are the most human person that I know of besides having these strange abilities. So don't ever think that for one minute that you are something other than human. I have known you for a long time Yuu and what I have seen has shown me that you are perhaps the most human of us all." stated Lavi.

"Thanks Lavi.......come one we have to get going." replied Kanda.

Several minutes later both Kanda and Lavi had made it down to the beach as Kanda headed over to the out-cove cave.

"Yuu what on earth are we doing here?" asked Lavi.

"I told you all ready, it's a surprise." answered Kanda as he walked over to the waters edge slashing the water in a pattern. Allen whom had hid himself deep in the water could clearly hear Kanda's splashing as he slowly swam up to the surface. Allen had noticed that this time Kanda wasn't alone. But Allen knew that he could trust Kanda as he swam up breaking the surface. Lavi's eyes went wide when he saw Allen. Allen pulled himself up onto the ground allowing Kanda to look at his wounds. Allen's recovery rate amazed Kanda as his wounds were almost completely gone.

"Your wounds have almost completely healed Moyashi." stated Kanda. Before Kanda moved to get close to Allen, Lavi moved with drawing out his war hammer. Lavi pushed Kanda out of the way as Allen lept back into the water before Lavi could attack him. Kanda grabbed Lavi by the shoulder whipping him around. "Lavi Bookman........what in the world is your problem?" asked Kanda angrily.

"Don't you know whom that is? Surely you have heard the legends." stated Lavi as Kanda looked at him in confusion causing Lavi to sigh out loud. "There is a legend about an all white mermaid whom only appears on full moon nights. It is believed that this mermaids voice has the power to kill humans if they hear it. They call this mermaid the Moonlight Siren. Even if this is the first male mermaid I have ever seen, he fits the description of the Moonlight Siren." stated Lavi. Kanda knew that most humans viewed mermaids as a threat but during the week that he had been taking care of Allen, the merboy showed no sign of being a threat.

"Lavi Bookman.........I insist that you put away your weapon. Moyashi is not a threat. I have been taking care of him for a whole week." Kanda stated fiercely. Kanda wasn't one to usually assert his authority but this time he did. Lavi obeyed Kanda as he put back the war hammer.

"Kanda I hope you know what you are doing." stated Lavi as Kanda went into the water to get Allen. Kanda swam down towards Allen signaling to the merboy that it was all right to come back up. Kanda was starting to suspect that he maybe falling in love for this white merboy.

NEXT CHAPTER............Noah awakes

Kanda (glares at author): I hate you now......  what in the world am I if I get sick around mermaids but not Allen?

author: you have to stay tuned to find out.

Lavi (cheers): finally I am back, and I can't believe that I stood up to Tyki.

Allen (cringes): I hope to god that you don't have Tyki find me.

author (grinning): I am not saying a word about what's going to happen you guys you can pester me all you want but, I am not going to reveal what's going to happen next.

Kanda (draws out Mugen): we will see about that.

Lavi (tries to hold Kanda back): know Yuu you can't kill the author.

Kanda: che.....why not?

author: cause if you kill me, then whom is going to finish this story?

Kanda (puts Mugen back into his sheath): fine.

Allen: well stay tuned to see what happens and please keep those reviews coming!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro