Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

When Colby woke up, he felt like he was wrapped in pure warmth. He sighed, wiggling closer to the source. He felt arms squeezing him affectionately, pulling him even closer. That's when he opened his eyes. His face was buried into Sam's shoulder and his boxers had found their way back onto him. He pushed himself away from Sam, albeit unwillingly, and looked at his sleeping face. He looked happy and peaceful. Cute, too. Colby smiled a bit sadly and got out from his friend's embrace without waking him.

He stood, with mild pain in his hips, tugged his shirt back on, and walked into the lounge. He flopped immediately onto the sofa. Bad idea. An ache ran up his backside, and he whimpered. He rubbed at his lower back, looking up as Sam entered with a yawn.

"Good morning.." He muttered, shyly smiling at his flatmate. Sam hummed in response.

"Coffee?" He asked and Colby nodded, standing up and following him to the kitchen. Once the coffee was readily in the maker, and brewing, Sam mumbled a bit embarrassedly, "So, um...how do you feel today?"

Colby glared at him, "It hurts."

Sam laughed quietly and Colby joined in with his own giggles. "I'm sorry," Sam said sheepishly.

"You are forgiven."

They drank the hot liquid in fair silence and then decided on, obviously, cereal for breakfast, which they ate together in the lounge, some show they were semi engrossed in on the TV. Colby's eyes landed on the mess of cups and the near empty bottle of alcohol on the table. He swallowed thickly, thinking about Katrina.

He really did like her. She was nice and she cared about him. She cared about Sam. She was such a pure and genuine girl and he just had sex with her boyfriend. He felt guilty agreeing to the deal, but he couldn't bring himself to do the right thing.

He liked Sam. He really liked Sam. And with the loving touches and kisses he received when they were tangled together only made things worse. He knew Sam didn't mean for them to be so full of love. Colby's heart sank and he sadly thought, Maybe he was imagining Kat.

(He wasn't.)

Katrina came by that day and immediately pulled up her shirt when she saw Colby. There was a nice bruise forming on her side from where he threw the binder at her. Colby couldn't help but snicker.

"I'm sorry, Kat." He apologized, sincerity in his voice even though he was giggling. She pouted at him and he brought her into a gentle hug. She beamed happily, hugging him back with a tight squeeze. She stepped back, and reached up to pat his head. Momentarily, Colby thought she reminded him of his mum.

Later that day, when he voiced this thought, Kat cooed.

"That's so cute! Does that make Sam your daddy?"

Both Sam and Colby turned bright red and looked at each other.

"Definitely not."

Katrina pointed out the love bites again.

Colby covered them with his hand. "Yeah. Things worked out." He really didn't want to talk about them. Especially not with Kat. Not with the girlfriend of their source. She took a hint and just smiled, continuing with other conversation, oblivious to the rising tension between Colby and Sam.

Sam showed Katrina to the door when she left, looking more than sad when he returned. Colby's stomach dropped.

"Oh no..." He whispered, "What happened?"

"She didn't break up with me," He said, and Colby was almost disappointed. "She just called off some dinner plans we had in a few weeks. Turns out because of a schedule mishap, she's totally booked. It took me forever to even get reservations honestly! It's an expensive and busy place and I don't know, I was excited-"

"Um, I'll go." Colby suddenly said. He quickly continued, "Not like a date. Just so your reservations and work don't go to waste, and stuff...and you'll get to try the restaurant out and you can be excited about it and maybe you can judge it and see if it's good for another time, like, if you wanna go with Katrina or-"

"Colby." Sam cut his ramblings off and he blushed from ear to ear. Sam smiled, "Thank you. Of course we can go! It'll be just as fun."

Colby perked up.

He said it wasn't a date, but he definitely had a date with Sam.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro