Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

16 : Taunts

★★★

"It's good that your brother stopped pursuing me about that girl. I wouldn't have agreed anyway." As he was passing by the kitchen, he heard his mother's voice.

"But why did you reject her? She was so sweet." He could hear his sister's confused voice.

"What do you mean why? Didn't you see her? She was so dark skinned! I don't want a dark daughter-in-law. What would people say? That I didn't get any beautiful girl for my son, that's why he married a dark woman? I'm not here to listen to their taunts! I will find a beautiful girl for Usman and he will forget about her."

Their conversation had compelled him to stop by the doorway and listen to them. Not that it would change his mind about her, but he wanted to know his mother's opinion. He wanted to know why his mother actually rejected her, although he already had an idea about it.

"Mom... Bhai's here." Noticing her brother, the girl whispered in an attempt to stop her mother.

"So what if he's here? Let him listen to me. Let him know that even if he tries his best to convince me again, I won't agree. I would never agree for that girl!" Glancing at her son, she continued.

Not being able to hear anymore, Usman left quietly, knowing her mother was stubborn and he would have to think of some other way to convince her.

★★★

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro