Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter 1: Romance is for losers

Starstruck. That's how you actually felt.

"So what I was saying." The guy before you sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.

"Yeah what?" You repeated, your words empty and your expression still stunned. The guy and what he was saying for the last minute, you had them all blurred out.

He has a girlfriend.

Even him.

Is that why he's been blushing by himself for the past few days? And here you thought he might've actually called the dibs on you. Who wouldn't have misunderstood though? You were the only other worker at the cafe and he had always been super shy.

Who knew he would score it with a customer in the meantime.

"So can you please cover for me today? Please?" His eyes begging, plump lips formed in a pout and hands held up together for you to consider.

"Yeah." You scoffed.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!!" Hyungwon let out the breath he was holding as he said excitedly. Not even a moment longer when he had started to untie his apron to leave.

"You're the best Sarang!" He patted your shoulder before he left the cafe faster than flash. Best, you scoffed again. That's what people keep telling you when you willingly become their wingman or help them score a lover.

Except you don't have any. Not any kind of experience in love let alone having a boyfriend. The only experience is loads of cheesy fanfictions you read at night and romantic dramas with super cool actors you drool over at day.

Hyungwon was actually quite handsome. From his really tall body that made you look like a minion next to him, to his fluffy silky hair with fringes falling down his forehead. Smooth skin and really, really plump lips.

Overall he was boyfriend material. Not to mention you had a nice friendship going on with him. Dude even wouldn't mind when you kept calling him skinny legend.

That's why, somewhere along the line you thought you had started building a crush over him.

Only until today. Since rather than having the feeling of being heartbroken, you actually felt something else.

And that is called jealousy.

Even he has a girlfriend.

The guy that would hardly talk to people let alone girls. Even though he wasn't like this inside yet his aura was quite intimidating, you thought that too when you had first met him.

Then how the hell did he get it with a girl!!

And now you actually felt the anger boiling inside of you. Twenty years of your life gone by in a blink and how could you not have one single boyfriend, not even a fling till now!

Not to mention almost all the girls in your university had a boyfriend or someone that liked them. The others at least had a past with boys. At least the word 'boy' or 'lover' were in their history. And then there's you, with nothing, nothing with at all hence that matter.

All you could wonder was what's wrong with you. Or maybe, there were a lot of reasons.

And to top it all, it started pouring outside. Looked like God wanted to pour some extra spice to cook up your anger.

"Fuck." You murmured looking outside as the rain hit the city harsh.

By the time you had gotten home, drenched, looking like the ugliest creature in the whole wide world, the anger was reaching the Himalayas within you.

The frustration and irritation kept you cursing as you took a quick shower and came out dry, wearing an ugly duckling pajama and sweatshirt.

In the meantime your ramen was cooked and you didn't waste time taking it in a bowl and sit in front of the TV.

"Let's see..." You mumbled by yourself turning the tv on. One hand holding the chopsticks and the other hovering over the remote control.

"Bok joo.. What if I can't? Can we not stay together?"

As soon as you opened the TV you were greeted by the face of a really handsome actor, Nam JooHyuk you presumed. With glistening eyes he looked at the actress, a sad melody lingering in the background.

"Meh." You rolled your eyes changing it. Surprisingly you weren't in the mood to watch romance, not today.

"Your boyfriend is here! Right here!" Next second you saw the face of your favorite actor, Gong Yoo on the screen.

"Yeah whatever." You turned off the TV throwing the remote control over to the other side of the sofa. Even goblin wouldn't make you feel better today.

Slurping down the noodles your eyes went over to your cellphone that was silently sitting on top of the table. Thunder groaned outside shaking the whole apartment from the ground but nonchalantly, you took the phone in your hands.

Today was a good day to read some horror. With that decision you logged onto wattpad, your favorite place.

"Her ass is mine." As soon as you opened the app a romance book was shown on top.

And you kept on scrolling, not bothering to give it a second look.

"The bad boy stole my fried chicken."

"Alphas are yummy."

"Omg exo stole my heartu!"

"Kidnapped by the hottest guy."

"Married to Jackson Wang."

And you weren't able to take it anymore. Clearly getting the hint that this wasn't your day, you turned off your phone and just sat there, calmly. Letting out a sharp breath you took the bowl in your hand and started chugging down the ramen that was left, almost choking while hurrying.

As much as you hated it, when you felt tears welling up in your eyes, you didn't bother to stop them from rolling down.

I'm only crying because the ramen is hot, not because I'm lonely. You told yourself and outside, the thunder roared again.

That's when you lost your last bit of sanity. "Okay what?" You screamed to no one. "Are you trying to frighten me when I'm eating?? Really??"

Again the thunder roared as if it was answering your question, telling you how pathetic you were.

You stomped your foot on the floor, hands balling up into a fist. "Yeah! I don't have a boyfriend so what!!" You screamed agitated, throwing the empty plastic ball to the floor to show your anger.

"It's your fault!" You shouted, clearly referring to God. "You wouldn't give me a boyfriend! Heck you didn't even give me parents that would take care of me!"

You knew you didn't mean what you were saying. Even though you loved your parents so much, they'd always leave you to travel by themselves since you were a child. No wonder why you felt so alone all the time.

"You just want me to be alone don't you? You want me to die alone!" Hot stream of tear rushed down your cheeks making them wet. Your vision was blurry and your head had already started to ache.

It was a good day to cry. The sound of rain was giving a nice effect to your crying though your heart, it really hurt.

I'm going to be fine tomorrow, you told yourself. I just need to cry a little today and I know I'll laugh over my stupidity tomorrow.

Romance is for losers, really. You couldn't help but keep telling yourself that.

"Wake up." A voice chirped. "Hellooo." It sang making your closed eyes squint a little.

Was the TV on or.. Because you clearly don't know anyone with that birdy-like voice and birds can't speak alright, unless it's a parrot or those other kind of birds and you don't have those.

You guessed it was morning and in your mind you were already having garbage thoughts. You stirred in your sleep when you heard it again. "Hello!! I know you're awake."

Then it laughed, a 'hehe' kind of cheeky laugh.

Without thinking much this time you opened your eyes, brows scrunching up as a habit and also because you were not ready to get up already.

What your eyes caught however, was a really handsome face.

A really, really handsome face. Brown fluffy hair and cute rosy cheeks. Small face yet sharp and defined features, from his nose to his lips. Had the brightest smile on his face that made you, even smile unknowingly.

Closing your eyes you opened them again. That's when you realized he was wearing a red dress and girly makeup.

Guy in a dress.

Moreover, he was the size of your palm. Wait, what?

Yes, you couldn't be wrong. Slowly your eyes went wide as you took it in. Staring at the creature before your eyes you couldn't believe what you were seeing.

A guy in red dress and it was merely a few inches tall.

And it smiled, waving its small hand at you. "Hi!" It chirped in its birdy like voice again.

What the actual mother of- that's when you screamed wide awake.

---
A/n: updates are every Sunday unless I'm really busy that day.

Y'all know I update twice or even thrice a week but I'm really busy now, honestly I shouldn't even be here. But then again I get stressed if I can't write anything!

Hope you liked it ❤ thank you for reading!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro