Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

In any law firm, there would always be a favorite out of all and Taeil wanted to be one. He just graduated and passed the bar exams last month. Well, his college years were rough. He even need to stop because of financial problems. He didn't pass his first try in the bar exams, even in his second try, but he worked hard and was able to be ranked as one in his third try.

Though it was very tough, Taeil was still happy and now he's working in a famous law firm in Korea. He dreamt about this and now it's a reality. He was given an office to work in, then now marked his journey to be the best lawyer in the country.

But right now, someone has his title at the mean time.

"Yo, Taeil! How's your first week been?"

Johnny Suh currently the best lawyer with 26 cases successfully filed and no failed court trials so far. He's quite the talkative one but that's actually his best asset, besides being handsome. He was the one who's being friendly around Taeil but the man doesn't know that the boy envied him.

"It's fine. Why are you here?"

Johnny smiled and walked closer to the boy who was busy on his desk, "I'm just checking on you. Did you have any cases right now?"

Taeil shook his head.

"I can give you mine if you want."

As much as Taeil wanted to, he doesn't want to be pitied. He shook his head and gave a smile to the man infront of him.

"I want to earn things on my own but thank you, Suh. And the client wants you, not me."

Johnny whined playfully, "You're too stiff, man! Loosen up, you might scare your client."

Taeil put up a straight face, "Don't you have anything else to do rather than pushing my buttons?"

"I'm trying to get you to be my friend. Anyway, I'll be going now! Bye, see you later, Taeil!"

The man walked out and closed the door behind him. He's too much to be Taeil's friend. He's the complete opposite with the boy. But he does have clean intentions. Taeil just doesn't want to befriend a person he envies the most.

Johnny had everything. Not only the title, he has many friends and not to mention, some girls. Everyone likes him, to be exact. Well, there's no need to ask why. Johnny's just that kind of person.

There's still no sign of any clients but Taeil doesn't mind since he is just starting. Eventually, he will. He did expect one this month just because he aced the bar exams. Maybe that would help. Also, it has been just a week.

Taeil goes out of his office to get some coffee. It's time for an afternoon break and just a bit more time, his shift would end. He made his way to where the pantry is. Being too strict was being a disadvantage to him though. Just like what Johnny said, he's scaring people. It's not his fault that he was born with a scary straight face. It's his ex-friend's fault who called him annoying whenever he's energetic. Since then, he never was the same Taeil anymore.

Arriving in the pantry, Taeil entered upon seeing Johnny with some girls. Oh, yeah, did he mention about the man being so flirty? Well, that's what Taeil can't do, ever in his life. Johnny seemed like a very playful man. To be honest, you won't see him as one of the best lawyers if he's acting like this.

Upon seeing Taeil in the pantry, Johnny's attention went to the boy getting some coffee.

"Hey, Taeil," Johnny greeted, ditching the girls he was talking to a while ago.

Taeil hummed while he prepared his beverage. The man leaned against the counter and crossed his arms, facing the small boy.

"It's good that you refused to get my case a while ago," the man uttered.

The boy furrowed his eyebrows, "Why?"

"They said they'll put the case down," Johnny answered.

"Ah, good for them then," Taeil uttered, "I'll be going no--"

"Hey, wait."

Johnny grabbed Taeil's wrist which made the boy to turn and look at the man. It was a red flag for the boy since he wasn't fond of touches. It triggers him whenever someone grabs his wrist so he immediately pulled his wrist away from the man's hold. He was trying so hard not to break infront. He was very traumatized from his father.

"W-What is it?" Taeil asked, taking a step back.

Johnny showed a small smile, "Can I give you a ride later? Y'know, just so I could know you more."

The boy sighed, "I'm sorry but it's unnecessary to know more about me, Suh."

Then Johnny was left alone. The man groaned and another fail on getting the boy to warm up to him. He hummed and thought about what should he do. Taeil is a hard-to-get kind of person and makes it hard for Johnny. The man doesn't fail in any court cases but why does he kept losing to Taeil?

"Still on that Moon Taeil?"

Johnny looked at him and sighed, "Yeah. I'm kinda desperate right now."

Jungwoo laughed, "Oh, he is tough guy. Just give up and get someone else. He seemed like he isn't interested in you."

"Really?" Johnny asked in an upsetting tone.

"To be honest with you, yeah so move on. Or just try harder," the boy uttered.

"Hm, maybe, I should. Nice idea, Jungwoo," the man said.

"Okay but it's not my fault that you'll get dumped."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro