Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It was another day and Taeil was actually considering about taking a master's degree. He doesn't have anything else to do so why not just waste his time in studying? He isn't interested in anything other than his career and degrees. Maybe not much people are thinking about studying for the rest of their lives but Taeil does like reading books.

Looking at his laptop, he was looking at a university's site for programs. Well, he doesn't have any cases yet so might as well stall for a bit. He could still work in the law firm while he's taking a master's degree so there's no worries on there. It'll also support him.

He stopped as he heard knocks against his door. He looked and saw Johnny coming in. Taeil groaned before going back on his laptop.

"What? You won't greet me a good morning?" Johnny asked with a teasing smirk on his face.

"Good morning," Taeil greeted flatly.

The man rolled his eyes playfully before walking closer to the boy, "I heard someone wants to file a case with you."

"Do you really eat rumors for breakfast, Suh?"

Johnny laughed and slowly died down when he saw Taeil dead serious about what he said, "What? Shouldn't I laugh?"

"You should do your work instead," the boy uttered.

"Oh, you're too grumpy early in the morning, Taeil. C'mon, loosen up, will you?" Johnny said before taking a peek on Taeil's laptop screen, "Oh, you're planning to take another degree?"

Taeil shuts his laptop, "Why are you even here? You don't have any business with me."

"Oh, am I not making it obvious?"

Johnny leaned closer which made Taeil flustered. How close he was was very alarming so the boy leaned back against his swivel chair. The man smirked as he got to look at the boy's face closer than he normally does.

"W-What are you talking about?" Taeil asked.

"I--"

The landline suddenly rang which stopped Johnny and ruined the mood. The man sighed before he moved away and lets the boy to pick up the call. Johnny moved to sit on the chair, infront of Taeil's desk. Taeil placed the phone against his ear and looked away from Johnny.

"Hello? Yes, May I help you? Oh...really? Yeah, of course...Okay, great! I'll see you tomorrow...Thank you so much!"

Taeil placed the phone down and has a smirk on is face that lightened up Johnny's mood.

"Who was that? A client?" Johnny asked.

Taeil nodded, "Yeah."

"That's great! Congratulations! I hope you'll get your first successful case," the man uttered.

The boy looked back at the man and thought about something. Johnny felt his heart dropped just seeing Taeil looking straight at him. It's nothing new to him to feel these kinds of feelings but it's different when it comes to Taeil.

"Why are you acting like this to me? Look, I despise you. I really do and I have the strong desire to beat you at your own game," Taeil uttered, "I hate you. I'm not interested in you, okay? So, here's a deal. If I win this case, you'll have to quit your career."

Johnny was speechless but it actually explains everything. He chuckled but deep inside, it hurts him that Taeil hates him to the core. But he shrugged it off. Who wouldn't be envy him if all of the people's attention are on him? But he doesn't like Taeil hating him.

"Okay. I'll take that."

Taeil nodded but stopped when Johnny added something.

"But if you lose, you'll have to date me."

The boy widened his eyes and couldn't even believe the man seriously made a deal with him. Taeil didn't like it because what if he didn't win the case? Then he should date Johnny. It'll ruin his life. He doesn't even life being with the man. But then, what if he wins? Then he'll be able to kick Johnny out.

"Is it a deal, Attorney Moon?"

Taeil looked at Johnny's hand who was waiting for his. The boy crossed his arms and winced his eyes at the man. He's trying to make his decision. He'll hurt his pride if he'll chicken out. Finally, he took the man's hand and put up a determined look.

"Deal."

Johnny chuckled, "Okay, get ready after the trial then."

Taeil furrowed his eyebrows, "What?"

"I'm sure I'll win," the man said with a smirk before he walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

The boy looked confused, "I thought you wanted me to win my first case!"

Johnny smirked, "I kinda want that date, Taeil."

He earned a groan from the boy.

"Just wait and see, Johnny Suh!"

Because of that, Taeil immediately grabbed his law book that he bought while he studied for his bar and started reviewing some laws. He didn't want to lose on the deal, also on the trial. He'll make sure he'll do his best until he kicks Johnny out.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro