Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Taeil came home and threw his bag on the couch. Then he heard footsteps running down upstairs and knew who it was. A smile went on his face as he waited for something to pounce on him. Then it came.

"Hyung, you're here! Bomi, calm down!"

Taeil carried the cute dog that pounced on him. It squirmed in his arms as he saw his owner coming down the stairs. The boy lets the dog go and watched it run away to pounce on the other boy.

"Hey, kiddo. How's your day?" Taeil asked his cousin who was living with him.

Donghyuck came down and hugged his hyung, "I'm fine. I got accepted to work in a company."

"Really? Congratulations. You should've texted me, we could've celebrated," the boy uttered.

"I did, with Mark since he was on a day off but we can. How 'bout we have a reunion with our friends?" Donghyuck asked as he walked to the kitchen with Taeil and Bomi behind him.

Taeil shrugged, "I don't know. I've got a client."

"Eh?! And you didn't bother telling me? We really need to celebrate! Maybe we could go to a nearby bar for a small party," the boy suggested, "It'll just be a night."

The boy nodded, "Let me think about it. I'll go upstairs to change then we'll eat dinner."

"Okay, hyung."

Taeil went up the stairs and walked into his room. He grabbed some clothing from his cabinet before he started changing. He thought what Donghyuck said. First, he wasn't really fond of bars. He once went to one when he was in college and literally learned how to get drunk. Second, being drunk sucks. Third, the atmosphere isn't for him.

But he doesn't know. Maybe he'll eat his words.

Taeil came into his office with all the files that his client has given to him. He was still waiting for what Jaehyun will be giving to him. Though he was busy, Johnny didn't give him a rest to just barge into his office and make some noise. The boy was used to it.

"Hey, Luna," Johnny greeted and went over to check out what was Taeil doing.

Taeil didn't bother looking at him, "Nothing else to do, Suh?"

"Why do you keep calling me by my last name? Johnny's a good name to say," the man uttered.

"You don't hear me complaining when you're calling me Luna."

Johnny pouted, "It's just like we aren't friends whenever you call me like that."

"Are we, though?"

"Hey, that's mean, Luna."

Taeil let out a chuckle which made Johnny's heart to skip a beat. He swore, he's too whipped with this boy. Everything he does, he could coo to death. Though Taeil was acting tough, he'll still find the boy cute for him. Not to mention, Taeil is really small compared to him.

"Do you want me to get anything for you?"

Taeil stopped and looked up, "What?"

Johnny shrugged, "Coffee? Or tea? Do you want anything? I'm not busy."

The boy's lips went into a thin line as he thought about it. This man really wants to know more about him.

"I don't kn--"

Suddenly, Taeil's office door opened which made the boy a bit annoyed about people not knowing how to knock before coming in. Putting it aside, both of them saw Jungwoo with someone. The boy smiled at them as he introduced the guy with him.

"This is Lucas. He is looking for Taeil hyung," Jungwoo uttered.

Johnny narrowed his eyes at the man who seemed to be the investigator that Jaehyun was implying to. He stood up and crossed his arms, which made him a bit intimidating. Taeil stood up as well to greet his partner.

"You must be the investigator?" Johnny asked.

Lucas nodded, "Yeah, I'm Lucas Wong and I'll be Attorney Moon's partner."

"Excuse me--"

"Suh, get out, please," Taeil whispered.

Johnny looked back at the boy and furrowed his eyebrows, "Clearly, I don't like this guy."

"Clearly, you're being paranoid for no damn reason. Get out," the boy said.

The man sighed before he walked his way to the door and dragged Jungwoo with him. Jungwoo was surprised and even whined when his friend pulled him out of the office. Well, it was for the best. He might get scolded by Taeil if he didn't go out of the room.

"You guys being closer?" Jungwoo teased.

Johnny raised an eyebrow at him, "He can't call me by my first name and you call that close?"

The boy shrugged, "Letting you into his office is a big thing, doofus. And also, you guys went together at the police station yesterday, right?"

"Hm, you have a point. Or I'm just being annoying and he's sick of it?"

Jungwoo clicked his fingers, "Could be."

"Ah, fuck."

Taeil discussed everything with Lucas and he was great of help. The man was willing to go at the crime scene to get some evidences and maybe helpful points. He was also a good guy to begin with. He laid down many of his ideas and options for Taeil for the case to be successfully.

"Is he your boyfriend? You guys must be busy before I came," Lucas uttered as he started fixing the papers.

Taeil looked at him with a straight face, "Why don't you ask me if this book is my boyfriend? Or this lamp? Or my laptop? You guys keep asking that because I'm with him when he's just my colleague."

Lucas chuckled, "I was just asking a simple question, Attorney. Sorry about that."

"No, it's fine. I just find it very ironic because I hate him."

"The more you hate, the more you love."

The boy furrowed his eyebrows at him, "Don't give me that--"

"But it happens."

Taeil rolled his eyes, "Maybe it does but it won't happen to us. Why would I love my enemy?"

Lucas shrugged.

"Fate has its own way, whether you like or not."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro