Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Taeil tried so hard not to jump out of the car at how awkward the atmosphere was. He has his arms crossed as he looked out of the window while Johnny drove him to where he should go. The boy didn't give the man a glance even if they were trying to make a conversation. It was still awkward even if the radio was on, but the boy might be overreacting.

He was actually reflecting on why he agreed to this. This wasn't part of the deal. He wasn't giving the man hope. Hopefully, Johnny isn't thinking about it the wrong way on why Taeil agreed.

"Guess we're here," Johnny suddenly uttered.

Taeil snapped out and looked at where they are. He immediately took the seatbelt off and hopped out of the passenger seat. He fixed his coat and saw Johnny hopping out of his car. The boy furrowed his eyebrows at him.

"What? I'm just coming with you," Johnny said.

Taeil groaned, "Don't do anything--"

"Stupid. Roger that, Luna."

The boy rolled his eyes before both of them walked into the police station to ask about the case from his client. Taeil looked around the station and soon, saw his friend he called just a while ago. He smiled and went over to him.

"Hey, Taeil," Jaehyun greeted.

Taeil gave him a short hug, "Hey. I'm just to ask you about this."

He raised the folder he had which was grabbed by Jaehyun to read what was inside of it. The boy waited until the man spoke.

"You aren't going to introduce to me your man?"

Taeil widened his eyes and immediately punched Jaehyun's chest that hurt the boy's hand instead of the man. Jaehyun chuckled and closed the folder as he looked at the man behind his friend.

"I'm Jaehyun, Taeil's college friend. And you are?"

Johnny reached over to shake hands with the policeman, "Johnny, Taeil's colleague."

"Boyfriend?" Jaehyun asked which he earned a groan from his friend.

Johnny chuckled, "I wish...I hope you didn't court this guy, though, when you were at college."

Then the boy covered his face at how Johnny has to ask about that. It wasn't important! Also, they were here for evidences, not talk about Taeil's past.

"Oh, no. I'm faithful to my kitten at home. Anyway, let's go and find this case. Good thing I handled this," Jaehyun said before he walked.

Taeil walked behind with furrowed eyebrows, "You have a kitten? Where's Taeyong?"

The man rolled his eyes playfully.

"He's my kitten, Taeil."

They arrived at where the officers work. Jaehyun went over to his desk and sat on his chair to start looking into his drawers for the case. Taeil sat on the chair as Johnny did the same. The boy gave the man a death glare which made the man to be confuse and mouthed 'what?' at the boy.

"Here," Jaehyun uttered and placed the folder down on his table. He pushed it towards Taeil for him to read what was the investigation was, "You should be hiring an investigator for this, y'know? Like some forensic expert."

Taeil took the folder and opened it, "Yeah, but I wanna do things on my own."

"You won't be able to investigate further into the case if there's no one majored in it, alright? I'll suggest you to one. I'll let him come to your firm tomorrow morning and talk about this," the man uttered.

The boy sighed, "Fine. You're just as pushy as usual, huh?"

"Just trying to help you," Jaehyun said.

Then the man went over to look at Johnny who was busy staring at Taeil. Jaehyun raised his eyebrow at the man.

"You're that professional lawyer that everyone's talking about, right?" Jaehyun asked.

Johnny snapped and looked at him, "Yeah, maybe that's me."

"You do staring for a part-time?"

Taeil looked at the both of them. He heard Johnny laughed at his friend's phrase. Then he was surprised when the man looked back at him.

"Maybe."

The boy looked back at the folder, not to read, but to hide his blush. He wished he could control when he shouldn't and should blush. Or maybe he shouldn't just be around Johnny.

He goes back to the case and looked at the pictures that were captured. He could maybe go to the site where the incident happened. But then he thought he should just talk with the investigator that Jaehyun would be sending tomorrow. The folder held enough evidences, he just needs to have more and connect the dots.

"Thanks for this," Taeil uttered.

Jaehyun nodded, "You can't bring that out of this but I can give you a copy."

The boy nodded, "Sure. Give it to the investigator. I'll talk to him tomorrow."

"Alright. I'll walk you guys out."

The three of them stood up and walked out of the room. The station seemed to be busy today but someone familiar saw them.

"Hyung?"

Taeil looked beside him and Jaehyun's kitten, "Oh, Taeyong! Hi, how are you?"

Taeyong smiled, "I'm fine. I'm surprised you're with someone."

The boy looked at Johnny who was with Jaehyun, stuck in a traffic of people, "He's just my colleague."

Taeyong nodded, "Glad to see you again."

"Kitten!"

Jaehyun immediately went to hug his boyfriend as soon as he saw the boy. Taeyong pouted and furrowed his eyebrows at how Jaehyun called him. Johnny went and stood beside Taeil, watching the couple infront.

"We'll leave you guys on your business," Taeil said.

Taeyong nodded, "Oh, okay! Let's have some coffee sometime, yeah?"

Taeil nodded before him and Johnny said their byes, leaving Taeyong being pampered by Jaehyun. They walked out of the station and went to the car. Both of them hopped on and closed the door, leaving them in such a quiet situation.

"You want to go somewhere?" Johnny asked.

Taeil furrowed his eyebrows, "What?"

The man shrugged, "I'd thought you want to have some lunch...or do you want to just go back to the office?"

The boy shook his head, "I want to go back to the office."

Johnny nodded, he expected it anyway.

"Alright."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro