{19} - Twisted.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

2 weeks after Megan moved to Ireland... 4 weeks before Amanda give birth...

Megan's P.O.V

Mom had given me Niall's room and she suggested for us to change the guest room to a nursery for Elly but I declined politely. I wanted the guest room to fit just the three of us; Amy, Elly and me. Because firstly, I really didn't want to be in Niall's room and be reminded of him. And secondly, I didn't want Mom to have to feel so troubled with us around.

Mom and Amy managed to pick a few clothes for all of us before we left for Ireland. Niall never visited us, but he did call sometimes to talk to Amy. No, actually he called me but I will automatically handed Amy the phone for her to answer. Amy did want to pass me the phone to talk to Niall but I will reject them by excusing myself with Elly.

I do missed Niall but I knew he was going through a lot. The other day, when Greg's car left the hospital, I saw a bunch of Niall's fans outside. They were holding some boards with words like 'Come back to tour' and 'Get well soon' and 'Welcome Horan's baby'. I totally forgot that Niall was supposed to be on tour. His fans of course would want him to be there and wouldn't want their money to get the tickets to go to waste if Niall wasn't there.

On top of that, Niall still had to handle with Amanda. She was gonna due within a few weeks. I just hoped that Niall would be able to cope with between handling the fans and his career and taking care of Amanda. As for me, I could manage by myself.

There was a knock on the door and Amy quickly opened it up. It was Greg. "Hello there sweetheart," she said to Amy, "Dinner's ready. Come on down."

"Okay," Amy said and turned to me, "Momma, let's go down and eat dinner."

"Alright, you go on down first. I'm just changing Elly's diapers first," I informed and Amy went running out of the room when Mom hauled for her to come down.

I looked towards the door and saw Greg by the door frame. "Hey Greg, I'll be down in a minute. You can go down first," I said to him.

"Hmm," he started, "Do you think I can talk a bit about your marriage with Niall? I don't mean to interfere or anything plus I know the boys are always somehow interfering in your marriage life with Niall. But, I just wanna know you for how long do you think you need a break from Niall?"

I didn't say out loud but I was glad Greg understood that the boys were somehow interfering in my marriage life. I know they meant well but marriage or relationships in general, are meant for two. I wasn't sure if the boys decided to 'help' Niall by themselves or did Niall asked for their help. But either way, I was still uncomfortable with having to 'share' our problems with the boys as well.

"I don't know. I guess until everything else is settled. He's going through quite a lot right now I supposed," I answered and trying to act nonchalant.

"Yes. And one of it is to pretend his life was OK when it is not without you," Greg pressed on.

"Greg, I knew you meant well and you didn't want to interfere but I really hope that whatever problems Niall and I are facing, we would face them by ourselves. I'm so tired of having his fans to interfere, having the boys to interfere, then comes my sister Amanda and right now you. It's so frustrating!"

I didn't realize that I was yelling towards the end until Elly started to cry and Greg started to speak again, "Then why are you here in my house? If you want to face it by yourself then face it yourself. Why are you staying here? Why make us involve in your marriage problems when you want to face it yourself?"

I kept chanting inside my head that Greg didn't meant what he said. But he continued, "So now go pack your bag and face your burdens alone with your kids."

He twisted his words. He only wanted to talk and he did say that he didn't mean to interfere. All I did was expressing how I felt with people interfering with my marriage life. But of course Greg would get angry. We were talking about his one and only beloved brother and I had somehow blamed on Niall for getting other people to get involved in our life.

"Alright," I finally said, "I'll leave by tonight."

Niall's P.O.V

These past two weeks were worse than nightmares. I really should have gone for some movies audition instead of singing, I thought. I had to pretend that everything was fine. I told the fans that Megan had given birth to a beautiful baby and was staying with my mom due to my tour that I wouldn't be able to be with them.

We just finished another meet and greet in Wales and now were heading to my hometown, Ireland to proceed with another one. I was planning to pay Amy a visit but I wasn't sure if Megan would appreciate that. She had been avoiding my calls. I had called Greg and he was the one who always keep me updated with how Megan was doing.

We were just reaching Dublin when I received a call from Greg. Brother's instinct I guess. "Hello..."

"Before you start screaming at me over the phone, I'm saying I'm sorry first. So now, wherever you are, I just want you to speed up and come over right now because I just chased Megan out of the house unintentionally," Greg said everything in almost one breath. I registered everything that Greg told me in no time and yelled for Paul to drive me to Mom's house instead of the hotel. I ignored everything that the boys asked me because my mind was too focused on Megan.

I climbed out of the car and went straight for the door. From far I already saw Greg pacing in front of the door. I neared him and pushed him against the door. I didn't know where the strength came from but I guess it was because I was super angry at him.

"Why the hell did you chase her out for?" I blared out.

"I told you it wasn't my intention. Megan was being too hard on you, in my opinion. I..."

"She has all the right to! Now where is she?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"She's still upstairs, packing," Greg answered me, short and I removed my hands from him and pushed him aside to enter the house. I climbed up the stairs and went straight for the opened guest room because Mom was just outside that room, wiping her tears as she looked inside.

"Mom," I called softly. She turned around to look at me and her face suddenly turned to anger even though the tears were still streaming down her face.

Suddenly, Mom's hand went across my right cheek. It was hard and full of force. It was stinging on my face and I blinked a few times before looking at my Mom only to receive another one.

"You see what is happening to your family now? You see what is happening to our family? You're the root cause! I can't hate you because you're my son but I still dislike everything that you have done especially to Megan!" Mom yelled before storming down the stairs. I heard Greg tried consoling Mom but she ignored him and then I heard a door downstairs slammed. Mom must have gone into her room.

I rubbed my cheeks. It was still painful. So does my heart. I was hurting everyone. I was hurting Megan. I was hurting Mom. I was somehow hurting Amy too. And, I did hurt Greg just now.

I was about to enter the guest room when Megan got out, with Elly in her right arm and holding onto Amy's hand in her left. A duffle bag was draped on her shoulder.

"Megan," I called softly and approached her.

"What are you doing here?" she asked me and I couldn't tell whether she liked it or not that I was there.

"I was just around for tour," I lied, partly, "Where are you going?"

"Somewhere. My place isn't here. Me and my daughters don't fit to be here," she answered and I could sense a little tone of sarcasm or perhaps hurt.

"Look, it's getting late night right now. It's not safe for you and especially not safe for Amy and Elly to be outside. Please, stay for the night. Then tomorrow, we can sort things out properly if you don't wanna stay here anymore. Greg doesn’t mean what he said," I tried coaxing Megan.

"No!" She yelled, "I'm going crazy with all these problems. Just let me go. Divorce me if possible and then you can live happily with Amanda and your baby."

Her words cut me like knife. I felt like Megan was being selfish. She knew I never liked Amanda but she still pressed on the subject just because Amanda was pregnant with my baby. But I know I couldn't blame her.

"Baby, listen to me. You're tired. You need your rest. Just rest for the night and I promise you I will get a place for you tomorrow to stay. I don't want you to stray around," I told her and came closer to touch her cheeks but she slapped my hand away.

"No, you listen to me. When I said I needed a break from you, I meant so that when we go our separate ways, I wouldn't be hurt too much. What I exactly meant is that for you to divorce me," she said sternly.

"No, that is not going to happen and you know it!" I was getting frustrated as well that I was raising my voice.

"I'm tired," Megan finally spoke after a few seconds of silence, "I'm tired of this marriage, to tell you honestly. This marriage involves too many people. It was never just me and you. It always has to be me, you, your fans and the boys. If you think it's unfair for me to act like this now, just so you know, all these while it was never fair for me too that you have people behind your back and I don't."

She was right. I was tired too but I had no choice. I didn't ask for the fans to interfere in every single thing that I did. I had to ask the boys because I didn't want them to feel that I they weren't important. Mom was right, it was my fault.

"I'm sorry," I muttered. "I'm sorry," I said again and this time clearer before I dropped on my knees and started crying. I wished I could leave everything else behind and just bring my family to somewhere which no one would knew us and we could lead a happy life.

"Poppa," she called, Amy called and I felt her small chin lifted up my face. She wiped off my tears and said, "Don't cry Poppa."

I tried to smile but I couldn't. Then I heard a loud wailing coming from... my baby, Elly. I should be glad that both Amy and Elly were still young that they didn't understand what I did wrong.

"I'm sorry too," Megan said and she was now kneeling in front of me, still holding onto Elly. "I wished things weren't as troubled as it is now. I…I didn’t mean the divorce. I need time to find myself again. I'll come back after Amanda give birth. If... the baby is yours, then let me go. But if the baby is not, then I'm yours."

"Come Amy, let's go." Megan slowly got up. She pulled Amy's hand from my face and was about to walked away when Amy spoke up.

"I want to stay with Poppa."

"You cannot..."

"I want to stay with Poppa!" Amy screamed and I realized that she was crying.

"I won't force you baby," I heard Megan's voice shivered. "Take care of Amy, love," I heard she said and tapped my shoulder before walking away.

"Poppa," Amy cried and hugged me. She was crying and so was I. I was grateful that Amy was backing me up. I knew it was hard for Megan to leave her daughter with a 'stepfather' even though I had never regarded Amy as my 'stepdaughter' but I was also grateful that Megan didn't want to make this hard for Amy.

I understood better now. Megan didn't just want to take a break from me, from the start. She purposely wanted to push me away. I didn't blame her though. She was hurt. I hurt her. But she should know that I still loved her and I sure was going to fight back for her.

I have a few things to say. First, I’m sorry that this chapter isn’t very well written as I’m not well myself. :(

Secondly, this sequel is coming to an end. Yes, it’s fast. It would probably end at the 25th chapter. Writing up to this chapter, I thought I shouldn’t have started a sequel because the original would always be better than the sequel. But nonetheless, I hope you readers would still enjoy this story to the end.

Thirdly, I’m gonna be planning for a new 1D fan-fiction for 2014 and I’d like you guys to vote or probably suggest if I should do Zayn’s or Louis’.

Fourthly – Vote and Comment if you think I deserve it “)

Love,

Ree x

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro