{2} - Argue.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Megan's P.O.V

I waited for Niall in the living room again. He had been coming home late and I always had to give Amy her dinner first because I didn't want to eat without Niall and at the same time I didn’t want Amy to have her dinner late. But these past two days, he kept rejecting the food that I cooked and said that the boys and he already had dinner together.

It never happened! Niall would always eat his dinner at home because he knew that I cooked every single day for dinner. My heart was sulking that he didn't eat the food that I had cooked but I consoled it. Niall might want to eat my cooking tonight.

I waited until 9pm and I didn't realize that I had fallen asleep. I woke up to the sound of engine roaring, which was two hours later. I peeped through the window and saw Niall shutting his ignition and heading towards the entrance. I stood up, ready to sulk but I wanted him to eat my cooking so I decided not to sulk.

Niall entered and I offered my cheeky smile and opened up my arms to engulf him. He smiled at me weakly and kissed my forehead. I lay my head sideways on his chest and then took in his smell. He didn't smell as good since he was out all day but he still had my favourite smell.

"I cooked chicken curry," I told him and looked up, resting my chin on his chest.

"I already ate, baby," he stated and stroked my hair backwards. I sighed in disappointment but Niall didn't say anything about it. Instead, he said that he needs to shower and sleep because he was tired.

Reluctantly, I let him go and watched as he took step by step towards the staircase and disappeared into out room. I was disappointed, upset, heartbroken, and angry - I wanted to cry. Maybe Niall didn't love me anymore because I have turned into a humongous girl and I ate a lot too.

I was pregnant and all I wanted was for him to spoil me. That was all.

Niall's P.O.V

I lay on the bed and looked up to the ceiling. Megan was fast asleep on my right. Her light snoring used to calm me down but now all I was feeling was agitation. I needed peace. I was having mixed feelings. But I definitely wasn't mad at Megan.

My mind was filled with that woman I met while I was looking for mango pudding for Megan.

~ Flashback ~

"We made love during Demi's birthday."

I looked at her and stunned. I thought something just exploded by my ear. I eyed her and instantly recognized her. Yes, she was the girl at Demi's birthday. She was the one whom I woke up to that morning before I headed back to LA. She had her dip dyed hair changed from dark blue to red.

"Remember me now, baby? My name is Amanda," She asked and said as she trailed a finger on the side of my cheeks. I slapped her hand away roughly and she just smirked. Both of her hands then rested on her tummy and then I got frightened when I remembered that she was pregnant.

That baby couldn't be mine.

"This baby that I'm carrying, is yours baby," she voiced out in a faked cute voice. I felt myself breaking and slowly dying. It couldn't be real.

"I have been looking for you and I only managed to find you about a few weeks ago," she said again.

"I....I have a wife and daughter," I finally choked out.

"It's okay," she said and smiled as she touched my shoulder but I jerked it away, "I just want you to be responsible to the baby. Nothing else, I promised. I just didn't want the baby to grow up without a father."

She seemed sincere but I couldn't trust her. I didn't know her. She could be lying but from the size of her belly, it looked like it was about the same as Megan's. God! What should I do? I didn't want to believe her but I got a feeling that she wasn't lying.

Without saying another word, I turned around and ran for my car. I got inside and drove away to anywhere I thought I was driving to. I spent the rest of the evening at the beach with a bottle of beer but nothing actually helped my frustrated mind.

Many things would be affected if the baby that the Amanda girl was carrying was really mine. First of all, my fans, my group and my reputation. Secondly, Amanda would get troubles too but I didn't really care. But most of all that I was afraid of was my marriage with Megan.

~ End of Flashback ~

I caressed Megan's sleeping face and lay closely next to her. It felt so long since I actually spent some time with her. I was too caught with the tour preparations and also that Amanda girl. I hope she wouldn't appear in my life anymore.

"Niall..." Megan mumbled and I moved closer.

"Yes baby?"

But there wasn't any answer. Megan was sleep-talking. I just realized that I've missed Megan even though I saw her every day. I definitely need to spend more time with her because I haven't since I met Amanda. Because the thought that I had betray Megan haunted me whenever I was near her.

I left the studio early with hope that I could get Megan something before getting home, and also because I haven't been eating dinner with Amy and her. Unfortunately, there was an accident at the highway which caused me to be stuck in the car for almost two hours.

I reached home at almost 9 in the night and saw Megan waiting for me at the second storey's balcony. I threw her a smile but she didn't respond. She just looked at me impassively. I got into the house and ran up the stairs to still find Megan at the balcony with her back facing me. I frowned. Usually, she would be excited to welcome me home and then shamelessly asked me to hug and kiss her.

"Megan..." I whispered as I reached behind her and wrapped my arms around her belly. She didn't respond to my touch instead she just folded her arms together. I kissed her neck several times to get her attention and I did.

Megan wiggled out of my arms and turned around, leaning herself against the balcony. She was still looking at me impassively while I smiled cheekily at her. "You're smelly. Go get a shower or something," she said.

I wasn't expecting that to come out from her mouth. We both knew it that I stink a little bit from work but Megan wouldn't tell me that, seriously. She would either joke with me about it or said bad remarks about it playfully.

"Ouch," I said playfully and slapped a hand over my chest, feigning hurt.

"Seriously...just go shower," she said with an annoyed tone. I knew something wasn't right but I didn't wanna push it.

"Alright. How about dinner?"

"I'll heat them up," she answered and left me on the balcony while she walked slowly down the stairs to the kitchen.

No. I didn't come home to see my wife showing me her attitude but my mom always reminded me not to argue with a pregnant woman. I knew I had to do something to make Megan smile and laugh and for her to tell me what was wrong. I definitely knew that something was bothering her.

I took the quickest shower, basically just splashing myself an amount of water over myself and washed my face before going down to the kitchen, dressed in a loose t-shirt and a pair of boxer. I only took 5 minutes which then I didn't know whether I should be grateful or regret.

From the entrance of the kitchen, I saw Megan pouring a glass of red wine and she was very close to about drinking it.

"Megan!" I shouted, causing Megan's grip to loosen on the glass. "What are you doing?" I scolded.

"You're supposed to shower," she said back.

"Yeah. And what? Let you drink the wine? You're pregnant for crying out loud!"

Megan's P.O.V

I was in total shock when Niall had come into the kitchen. I didn't know what drove me into reaching for the bottle of red wine that belongs to Niall. I wasn't a drinker but I just felt the need to drink the wine. I purposely wanted Niall to get angry.

"Oh, so you know I'm pregnant. You finally realize now huh?" I spat.

"What are you talking about? We obviously know that you're pregnant and that's exactly why you're not supposed to drink whatever that you're about to," Niall scolded me. He was raising his voice at me and I was at the verge of crying.

I wanted to run out of the kitchen but in my condition of big belly, I only managed to walk out of the kitchen. But Niall stopped me by hooking his arm with mine.

"Where are you going now?" He asked and his voice has lowered down.

"None of your business," I said and I couldn't help a tear that slipped down. I tried to get away from him but in vain.

"Look Megan, I'm sorry for yelling at you. But why did you even want to drink the wine? I know my wife. I know you and you don't drink. Why suddenly?" He asked, politely this time.

"Just go have your dinner. It's in the microwave. If you don't want it, then just throw it," I said softly and pulled my arm away from Niall. I heard Niall sigh loudly while I climbed up the stairs to our room. I removed my robe and slipped myself under the covers of the bed. I covered myself from head to toe and silently cry to myself.

Niall didn't realize what he had done and he still got the cheeks to scold me. I was definitely doing everything I did to get his attention. He had been ignoring me. He made me feel like a statue. He goes to work and got home late at night and just went straight to bed. It was hard to have a proper conversation with him and now that we are, we are arguing. I hated it.

I felt a kick in the stomach and sobbed. The baby knows whenever I'm sad, happy and even angry. She understood me so much, just like Amy did.

"Megan," I heard Niall's voice on my ear. He was lying behind me and his hand went to my belly while he rested the side of his face on my hair. "Megan, I'm sorry."

"Go away," I sobbed. "I hate you."

"Shhh..." was all I heard him say as he kept stroking my belly. It calmed me down and he knew it. He kept stroking my belly until I was engulfed in darkness.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro