{22} - Truth [2]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Niall's P.O.V

"I'm sorry Mr Horan but the baby is..." I groaned silently when the doctor went to look at the document that he was holding. He could have double-checked the result first before calling me.

But the moment he looked up at me and I saw sadness, I started to worried. The baby couldn't be mine! Oh god, please, please.

"The baby isn't yours, Mr Horan. I'm truly sorry," the doctor delivered the news. I was stunned for a while. If the baby wasn't mine, then why was the doctor sorry?

"What do you mean, you're sorry?" I asked, frowning.

"You thought it was yours right? I'm expressing my sorry for the baby actually isn't yours," the doctor explained, looking as confuse as I was.

I smiled, trying to contain my joy. "Nope doctor, I wasn't expecting the baby to be mine. I just wanted the DNA to confirm my expectation. Thank you anyway," I said and turned around to look at Megan who was standing just right behind me, mouth agape.

Creating a little space so that I wouldn't be crushing Elly, I hugged Megan. "The baby isn't mine. The baby isn't mine," I chanted cheerfully. I kissed her temples and pulled back to stroke her cheeks.

Megan just smiled nervously and carefully passed Elly to me and said, "I'm gonna find Amanda's ward."

With that, she walked towards the counter and I watched her to talk the nurse before following the direction that the nurse had given her.

Was that it? She had nothing else to say? Did she want the baby to be mine so that she could leave? Was she hoping that I'd leave her? Did she know that whatever it is, I would never let her go?

Megan's P.O.V

I followed the direction the nurse had given me, in attempt to face Amanda as soon as possible. The news that the doctor had delivered, knocked me hard on my senses.

Shouldn't I have known from the start that Amanda would do anything including twisting of stories to ruin me and everything that I had? I felt so dumb for not seeing it from the start.

I found Amanda's ward and yanked it open with force. Mom was inside, by Amanda on the chair. She always had. She was always there for Amanda whatever it was. I didn't even stand a chance to be part of the picture.

"You lied!" I hissed and pointed my finger at Amanda.

"Shouldn't you have known?" She sneered at me. "But I was glad though. At least you believed me, even in a short period of time. Such a sweet sister you are."

"Shut up! The reason why I believed was because I cared - not for you but for your baby. You had a good time with mom and dad always by your side. I wanted your baby to feel the same, to have you and the daddy by his side. I have never gotten mom and dad's attention but I was fine with it and I'd be sure to make my children fine without having their dad's attention. I was willing to sacrifice, with hope that maybe you or mom or even dad could see them and accept me because nonetheless, you guys are still my family."

"But I was totally wrong. Maybe you are right, what a sweet sister I am. I let you took everything that was supposed to be mine and if I had believed you blindly, you would have taken my husband whom my children love very dearly. Don't you have a heart Amanda?"

"Shut up," Amanda hissed but I continued.

"Did you gain anything by hurting me?"

"I said shut up!" Amanda raised her voice.

"You've got everything that you want. What else do you want from me?"

"I said... shut the fuck up!" Amanda yelled out loud, causing a few nurses to enter the room, looking panic.

"Please take this crazy woman out. She's disturbing my daughter's rest time," Mom, was the first one to spoke to the nurse.

"Ma'am could you please..."

"I'm not done!" I hissed but tried to be polite.

"Yes!" Amanda finally voiced out in loud shivering voice. "You think I got everything that I wanted, but they were all not enough. I wanted Jake's love but all he would do was to compare me to you. I of course had nothing to do with you the moment you left the house but when Jake started comparing me to you, I knew I had to do something to get rid of you. Which I did, just wasn't successful."

"Of course it wouldn't be successful. Let me tell you why. I am not the same Megan I was back then at home. I grew up to be independent. I have Amy as my pillar strength and now I am awarded with another one, Elly. Not only that, I had a bonus of a caring and loving husband. I also got a Mom," when I said that, I looked at my mom, "She cared and appreciates me like her own. I have a better family now. Absolutely better than what I had back then. These people are my strengths and because of them, your plan wasn't successful, which I'm glad."

The nurses were gone by now and I saw Mom and Amanda looking at me with gritted teeth. I didn't know where my loud and firm voice came from but I was proud that I managed to let those words out to let mom and Amanda knew that I didn't need them anymore.

"So what do you want now?"

"Oh, I want nothing," I answered truthfully, "I want nothing from you anymore. I just wanted to let you know that I have gotten something you never will have because your heart is so dirty that no one would ever bother to look at you with respect and that now, you have nothing."

My words were sharp and 'spicy'. I purposely made it that way. I wanted Amanda to feel offended. I wanted her to feel insulted. I wanted her to know that I really hated her.

"Of course I have nothing because you took Jake away from me!" Amanda screamed as soon as I took a step towards the door.

"I never! If anything, it was you who took him away from me."

"Yes you did! Because of you, he died. I wanted to shoot you but he blocked my way and the bullet made it to him. It was your entire fault," Amanda cried and this time hysterically. The nurses came back and this time had to force me out.

"You're cruel," was all I said before I really walked out of the room. I couldn't believe what I heard. Amanda just admitted to kill Jake. She was the one who shot him. Should I laugh at her, now that she had lost someone that she loved? But Jake was my good friend, at least he was. I didn't have time to grieve over his dying but now that I've known the truth, Jake of course didn't deserve to die.

"Megan?" I looked up and saw Niall, leaning against the wall worriedly. He still was holding onto Elly securely. "What happened? Are you okay? I heard a lot of screaming inside."

"I'm fine," I assured him. I wanted to tell him some things but I couldn't find the words. I knew I was wrong to have put him in a difficult situation. I didn't trust him when I should.

"Niall," I finally called after debating with myself for a while and took his fingers in my hand, "I'm really sorry. I didn't know she lied. I was torn between family and love. I'm sorry."

"Shh Megan. It's not your fault. We all didn't know what she had up her sleeve," Niall comforted me. He pinched my chin to look up at him. I still could see the love in his eyes. I could also see a light of happiness.

I leaned to his side so that I wouldn't crush Elly. I wrapped my arms around Niall's neck and buried my face on his shoulder.

"Come on, it's over now," Niall said, "We don't have to worry much about it anymore."

I wanted to agree but I remembered Jake. I looked up at Niall and told him, "Amanda, she admitted to be the one who shot Jake dead."

"I'll let the police know," Niall replied calmly, "Other than that, you need not worry about anything anymore."

Maybe for other occasion I would have said Niall was selfish but I thought, both Niall and I had sacrificed a lot for others. It was time to think about ourselves, our marriage and our family.

Aren’t you guys just amazing? Close to 48 votes for the previous chapter! I guess I should leave more cliff-hangers huh?

By the way, this is not the end yet and I’m sorry it’s short. It’s just a part two of the previous chapter and there you have the results. But my advice is, not to be too happy with it *winks*

Vote if you think I deserve it and leave a comment because I love them <3

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro