{23} - Regroup.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Niall's P.O.V

I was glad everything was close to fine. I had followed Megan until she entered Amanda's ward and eavesdrop everything. I even had the part when Amanda said that she shot Jake, recorded.

Amanda was really a something. She didn't look bad but everything that she had done just made her look ugly. I couldn't even fathom how she could be this evil and done all the bad things to Megan, her sister for god sake.

I looked at the rear mirror. Megan was sitting at the back seat with Elly. At least she was safe now and back to me. Megan's eyes caught mine through the rear mirror and she offered a smile. I returned one and when we stopped at a traffic light, I started observing her dry lips. I wanted to kiss those lips whether they are dry or not. I knew I had missed Megan so much.

We reached the mansion and Megan was welcomed happily by both Eddie and Tony at the security hut. When we entered the house, Amy welcomed us with some homemade pizza that she and Mom had done before we arrived. We ate in together and I felt happy to be regrouped with my family after several and multiple of separations.

"I need to feed Elly. Can I go to... erm, our room?" Megan asked and I wasn't happy that she felt the need to ask for my permission.

"Megan, this is our house. You can go to anywhere within it without asking me," I told her and kissed the corner of her lips. She blushed and I put on a smirk.

"I'll head up first," Megan excused herself and I watched until she disappeared out of my sight. Amy and Mom was in the kitchen, doing the dish-washing and I took the opportunity to give Insp Richard a call.

"Hi Inspector Richard, I know I have told Alice to drop my case and I have no intention of bring the case up but I have a piece of news regarding Jake's death."

Jake was murdered and it wasn't part of Megan's kidnapping case; it was a whole different case. I told Inspector Richard about the recording I had and we agreed to meet tomorrow for lunch to discuss over this matter.

"It was good news, wasn't it?" Mom startled me. I turned around and saw her smiling at me. She hadn't smile at me for a long time.

"What do you mean?"

"The baby isn't yours right? That's why you managed to get Megan back home here with you," Mom concluded.

"Yes Mom. The baby isn't mine and I'm glad Megan is finally back here with me. I know what I did wasn't right and I promise it wouldn't happen again."

"You, my son has gotten mature day by day," Mom, I guess, complimented and kissed me on my forehead. "If everything is fine, then I shall make my way home first."

"You don't want to stay for the night?" I offered.

"Nope, thank you. You have a lot of catching up to do with your family," Mom said.

"Thank you so much for everything Mom." She nodded and I saw her to her car.

"Granny went home?" I heard Amy's little voice asked. I turned around saw Amy and Megan, hand in hand, walking down the stairs.

"Yes, she did sweetheart," I answered.

"Awwh, granny didn't say goodbye," Amy said sulkily.

"We'll go over to granny someday to play with her again okay?" Megan comforted. Amy then decided to just wave the topic off and said she wanted to play with her Barbie dolls.

She went up to her room while Megan made her way to me and the looked she had on her face wasn't very happy. "What's wrong Megan?" I asked.

"You know what I found in our room?" she answered me with a question. I thought back to things that I had brought into the room. This couldn't be the next drama of our marriage, right?

I shook my head and Megan carried on, "I found 67 empty cans and 12 empty bottles of beer and three more cartons of unopened both cans and bottles. What do you think you're trying to do? Kill yourself?"

Since the temporary separation, I had been drinking a lot. I knew getting drunk wouldn't get thing solved but only when I was drunk then I would fall into a deep heavy sleep and forget about everything. That was why I drank a lot. I drank to forget about all the dramas, the separation and of course the pain.

"I'm sorry," I said and attempted to give Megan a kiss on the cheek.

"No, you don't kiss me," Megan said, sounding angry and took a step back, "You go up and discard the empty cans and bottles properly first then you can kiss me."

I made a pouting face and replied, "Okay momma." As I slipped past her, I stole a kiss on her cheeks before running up the stairs.

Megan's P.O.V

I was with Amy in her playroom when Niall appeared at the door saying loudly, "Baby, I've throw them all."

"Shhh, Elly is sleeping!" I scolded him, again. I couldn't believe my eyes at the amount of empty cans and bottles of beers scattered around the room when I entered it for the first time after several weeks. There were too many too count but I eventually did once I was done feeding Elly and put her in the nursery, where she belonged in the house. Even though I never stopped Niall from drinking alcohols, 67 cans and 12 bottles were just too much.

"Sorry," Niall grinned and took a seat next to me, in front of Amy who was 'baking' some cakes with her play dough. "What are we gonna do now? It's only 3pm," Niall said as he leaned his head against my shoulder, making her golden brown hair brushed my jaw.

I thought of the things that we could do. We could watch a movie. We could sleep. We could prepare something for dinner. We could do many things and I was suddenly reminded of the other One Direction boys.

I knew Niall had been taking a break from his work. This also meant that Niall hadn’t been getting together with the boys. I had acted so cold to the boys. I remembered storming past them while I was at Niall's Mom's house the other time. I never replied Louis' messages. And of course, I remembered what I said; I said the boys were interfering with my marriage with Niall.

I totally felt bad. I wasn't in a right state of mind when I said those words and I of course need to apologize. Looking back at those times from before I moved to London, the boys were the one who had been helping a lot with the marriage and family. They were friendly. They accepted me. They loved me and Amy. They were part of Niall's family and I shouldn't have made them felt like they were interfering with my marriage.

I also need to apologize to Greg, when I go over to Mom's.

"Do you think Zayn, Harry, Liam and Louis are busy right now?" I asked, making Niall frown.

"Well, they should be at their home respectively. The UK's tour is done and they are kinda taking a break for a while before moving again next month, I think," Niall answered, "Why?"

"Maybe you wanna call them down for dinner? I can cook something?" I suggested.

"Well, of course. But, why suddenly?"

"It's time to get back together," I said, "I'm back. You should go back to them too. And we will all be happy again."

"Alright, I will call them down but, you don't have to cook. I'll order some food for cater," Niall agreed and suggested.

"Why? I don't cook good?" I asked, pretending to be offended.

"Of course not. It's just that today, we should all relax and just enjoy each other's presence," Niall said and nuzzled my neck.

I chuckled. "Alright, but let's do something for desert or something? Cake? Brownies?"

"I wanna bake brownies!" Amy said cheerfully.

"We can all bake together," I suggested.

"Alright, let's go," Niall agreed, pulling us all to our feet and to the baking.

At 6 on the dot, the boys pulled up their respective cars in front of the mansion. Niall and Amy welcomed them while I prepared the rice and dishes in the kitchen.

"Momma..." I heard Amy called for me and turned around to find her pulling Harry and Louis into the kitchen forcefully.

"What's the matter darling?" I asked.

"Harry and Louis don't believe me when I told them I bake brownies. I wanna show them," Amy said sullenly. She told Harry to open up the oven and made the 'I told you so' face.

"Hmmm... they must be delicious," Harry said and pretend to inhale the scent of the brownie.

"We're sorry we didn't believe you at first," Louis said next and stroke Amy's hair.

"I'm gonna tell Liam and Zayn," Amy muttered and ran out of the kitchen, leaving Harry, Louis and me. Awkward.

"How are you, Megan?" I heard Harry asked.

I turned around and faced them finally. They were both looking as awkward as I was. "I'm good," I answered them.

"Awesome."

We remained silent for a few seconds before I spoke up. "I'm really sorry about what happen. I know what I said the other day at Mom's house was harsh. I wasn't in the right state of mind when I said those."

There were a few seconds of silence before Harry came closer to me and said, "We understand. Of course we were hurt but... if you'd give Louis and me an extra portion of brownie, it's all settled."

Three of us erupted into laughter before both Harry and Louis engulfed me in a big hug. I couldn't hate them, no one could. They were like brothers I never had.

"Now why are you guys hugging my daughter's Momma?" I heard Niall's voice and pulled away from the hug. He was standing at the entrance of the kitchen, with Elly in his arms.

"Aww, is the Poppa jealous?" Louis teased and pulled me to his chest.

"I'm gonna attack the baby," Harry left and moved his attention to Elly.

The kitchen was suddenly filled with everyone but of course most attention was given to Elly. Liam and Zayn was acting normal, like I hadn't offended them but I still apologized nonetheless. I knew I had made Niall upset when I included the boys as the reason why our marriage was failing at that point of time. I knew I shouldn't have made him somehow choose between me and the boys.

Niall had done a lot of things to make me happy. I always have to return the favour.

Niall's P.O.V

When dinner was finally over, the boys and I relaxed on the couch while Amy sat on the floor with a few toys, leaving the cartoon show on the TV. It felt so long since I hung out with the boys.

"When are you coming back?" Liam asked and I knew what exactly they are referring to.

"I don't know. I practically just got Megan back today. I wanna spend some time with the family first."

"You wanna spend time with the family or just with Megan?" Zayn teased and winked at me.

"Yeah. We want more babies," Louis agreed and looked down at Elly who was on his lap.

"You can go make them with Eleanor," I shot back.

We spend the rest of the night basically talking about everything and nothing. We didn't talk much about work but it was fine as I understand the boys needed their own break from work. I've gotten mine.

"I think I'm gonna have to head back to my rented room," Megan voiced out shortly after the boys left.

"Why?" I asked frantically. Didn't she want to stay here with me? Would she be uncomfortable to share the same bed as me? Oh, I'd be happy to sleep in the guest room or even the couch.

"The owner; the kind lady might be worried if I don't go back there," Megan reasoned.

"Give her a call."

"I don't have her number."

"But it's almost 10. It's not safe," I told her.

"Don't worry. I'll come back first thing in the morning tomorrow. Plus, my rented room isn't far from here," Megan tried again.

"I don't care how near or far your rented room is. You're not going anywhere without me," I said sternly.

"Oh, don't be like that," Megan said and caressed my jaws.

"No, it's either I'm coming with you and we don't go at all," I finalized.

"But Amy's already asleep. We can't leave her here alone."

"I'll carry her."

I wasn't going to let Megan off whatever it was and Megan seemed to give up arguing me so she agreed to let me go with her.  We planned to just spend the night there and Megan would stop renting the room from the next day onwards.

We reached the rented room and I was surprised by first, the distance of the room to the mansion and second, the size. It was just a small room that was almost the size to the bathroom at home.

I couldn't believe all these while Megan was this close to me. And I couldn't believe I was making Megan going through almost exactly what she had back then in LA; living in a small space and sleeping on mattress.

"I'm sorry we were separated," I whispered to Megan when we were all ready to go to sleep. There were two mattress and we put Amy and Elly on one while we shared the other one.

"Some things meant to happen nonetheless."

"I just want you to know that I am truly sorry."

"I know Niall. I love you," Megan admitted and I smiled widely. She hadn't told me those in a long time.

"I love you too," and I cuddled her up against my chest tightly, happy to have her back in there in my arms.

Hey guys, today, I’ve been on Wattpad for a year! And I wrote a longer and happy chapter. So can I please have some votes and comments *with Niall on top*? ;)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro