3. Arnav's pain

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Khushi was sleeping on the bed hugging a pillow tightly.The sun rays poured in their room through the windows covered with thin curtains,the pleasant voice of birds’ chirping were echoing in the room. The cold breeze was blowing ,making the atmosphere cool.

As Khushi was a early riser,her eyes automatically shot open ..the view welcomed her was the bed covered with flowers.Her eyes adjusted with the brightness,and as per her habit she got down from the bed immediately,and her gaze move to her Arnavji.He was sleeping shrinking on couch uncomfortably,his head lying on the edge of the couch.

Her legs automatically moved towards him,seeing him sleeping like this ,she felt bad,she knows that he will definitely get a back pain as he can’t sleep like this,actually he has a habit to sleep freely with lots of space and sleeping whole night in the same position will surely pain him and she mentally make a note to do something about this couch thing and knelt down in front of him.She smiled looking at his face,he was looking a cute innocent child .She was staring at him lovingly.

Suddenly , He stirred himself and he was going to fall when khushi held him.His eyes opened and landed on her tensed face ,he lifted himself with the jerk,and started glaring her.

″What were you doing?″ He asked standing in front of her,with the anger.

″You were falling,so I just″ she halted as arnav showed his hand to stop her from saying further and rushed to washroom.

Khushi let out a sigh and muttered ,″He and his anger, getting angry with me everytime.″

She moved towards her room to get ready,after taking out Arnav’s jogging suit even after knowing that he would hardly go to jogging today because of his pain.Yes,she knew that he has back pain but is hiding from her because of his so called ego.He thinks that she will taunt him or laugh at him.

When Arnav came out of the washroom after few minutes,he wander his gaze all around the room for his wife who always glued to him making excuses.

Not finding her,he started pressing his back and body because of pain.He controlled himself from let out his pain in front of her,as she had tried to stop him from sleeping there but he yell at her.

''I have to do something,I can’t sleep daily on this small couch ''He muttered ,sitting on the bed.

That’s when he saw the jogging suit kept on the bed,seeing that,he angered thinking that she is making fun of him knowing his back would be paining,and he won’t go to jogging.

Taking it in his ego,he took the suit ,changed and went for jogging.

He was jogging in the park where he always go,but as he was feeling pain and it was making difficult for him to jog much, so he sat on the bench at the park.

He was feeling like he is trapped in a very difficult situation.His mind was not working about this situation where his life have brought him.

Now,He is married to Khushi,but he can’t accept her and she don’t deserve to live like this,in loveless marriage where his husband don’t love her and always get angry on her.

Today when he realized that she was looking at him with love,he thought how wrong he is doing with her,his palms went into his face ,covering it.

″I shouldn’t have come in her stubbornness on marrying me and shouldn’t have married her.″ His mind said to him.

″Being helpless,he looked up at the sky and whispered,″Sheetal,why did you go away leaving me here alone,with your stubborn sister?″

″The promise I made to you is making my life problematic ,but what to do I can’t break it.″ he whispered smiling sadly.

The bell of the temple near the park ringed ,making his thoughts go towards the day when sheetal bind him with her sister,Khushi Gupta.

″Arnav″ A loud scream came ringing to his ears and he turned with fear ringing in his heart.

The view in front of his make his heart fell into his stomach,sheetal was lying in the pool of blood on the road,A heavy layer of fear pass in his mind. A car hit her badly,as it got out of control,some more people were also got injured,but she was severely effected as it directly hit her. People present their had caught the driver who was trying to run from there.For a moment he become numb,staring at her lying figure with disbelief.

A push from a lady who was running behind his child made him come in his senses.Siding the people in the way,he ran towards her and fell in front of her on his knees,taking her head on his lap,he patted her cheeks.When he looked at her closely ,he realized that she is very badly injured.This scared him more,He started shivering as all the flashes of his parents accident coming in front of his eyes.The same thing happened with him before,he lost his loved ones already like this.

″Sheetal pl..ea.se ..open.. you.r ey..es″ His voice stammer ,not able to say anything.

Tears started rolling down from his eyes.Suddenly,his gaze moved to his surrounding ,people were just standing there staring at them.

″Someone ,Call the Ambulance″ He shouted at the people gathered there.

Slowly sheetal opened her eyes,looking at him lovingly.Blood was flowing drop by drop from her head,and coming to her face. Arnav’s hand was also covered with blood. That’s when he noticed her opening eyes.

″Sheetal,Don’t worry..nothing happened..now ambulance will come ,then i will take you to the hospital and Everything will get fine .″He said consoling her or himself.

Arnav was repeatedly seeing if ambulance arrived.

Suddenly something happened to her,her eyes started closing.He hold her hand and caress her hairs.

He can see pain and something else in her half opened eyes,She just said one thing to him before closing her eyes,″Please take care my sister.″

And she fainted in front of him,Arnav was in trauma,sitting their like a statue with her head in his lap..He was just staring at her with pain.

That’s when Ambulance came ,and he got up and took her to ambulance with the ward boys.

He came to the present suddenly by a hit of football on his leg.Its was not that hard hit.A child came to take it back.

″Sorry Uncle, Did you get hurt?″He asked Arnav innocently.

Arnav smiled at his innocence,and patted his cheeks.

″No,i am fine″ He answered.

That child went back waving bye at him.

He remembered how he had asked the same question to his father when he had hit the football hardly while playing it with his friends in his house’s garden.It had hit his father who was reading newspaper sitting on the swing near the garden.

He was thinking how miserable is his life? First he lost his family and then sheetal.

Next part available at inkitt app

''Arnavji how many time I had to tell you that you must not drink cold water in winters. Don't you know you will get a cold and your throat will get sore.''

''Khushi ,see I am very thirsty so just let me drink water.'' He said not giving heed to her words.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro