Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter Thirteen
Didn't See You Yesterday

3rd Person POV

Thena went to school the next morning and quickly found Elisia with Rowan

"thena, thank god you're here" Rowan exclaimed and thena made eye contact with Elisia over her shoulder as she shrugged

"didn't see you yesterday" she stated and Thena pulled away nodding

"yeah sorry I went to Brandon's, study buddies you know" She explained and Rowan nodded her head as they sat down and Elisia grabbed her hand

"a note in my locker, really?" Hailey said and she sat down as Thena nodded

" Well you're not answering your phone so welcome to the 90s" Rowan said and Thena chuckled under her breathe

" Why does seeing the three of you together give me anxiety?" Hailey asked and Thena looked up from her bracelets

"because of this whole monkey man shit again" She said softly and Hailey nodded in agreement

" Elisia got a message she basically got attacked" Rowan said and Elisia stood up showing the marks

" Somebody in a buddy mass shot me with the paintball gun" Elisia said and she sat back down

" A bunny mask? I saw someone in a pig mask and a monkey mask" Hailey said and Thena spoke up

" Apparently there was a guy in a hawk mask outside of my house" She stated and they all made eye contact

" Outside of your house Thena really?" Rowan said and Thena nodded

" They sent a picture of my house" she returned

" Should we leave town?" Hailey asked and Thena scoffed

" You can but these people track us everywhere so no point in leaving" Thena said and she stood up

"Thena come on" Hailey said and Thena shook her head

"no no it's fine, I've gotta go" She said and Elisia grabbed her arm

"wait I have to show you something" Elisia said and She sat down with Thena

" I found a website called the Hillan zoo. it's a basic message board like reddet or some thing it's for Hillan high school students. It's a place  for kids to post Revenge fantasies about their bullies, vent about random shit,  there's thousands of comments everybody has animal names in animal profile pics and they, they throw these massive anonymous parties where everyone was in the mask you should see these photos. Look familiar?" She said showing them her phone

" The whole point is that no one knows who they are I found some random post by rabid rabbit but there's nothing relevant we need someone who can search through Thousands of comments and fast for monkey man or rabid rabbit" Elisia said

"or pigmania" Hailey said and Thena spoke up

"or haunted hawk" she said and they agreed

" I miss Brie" Hailey exclaimed and Thena nodded in agreement

" She actually gave me the name of someone, just in case we needed anything while she was gone, stinger" Rowan pulled her phone out

"Stinger? Sounds promising" Hailey said and they all got up and left. Thena walked to her class and was met with Brandon

"can we talk?" He asked and she shook her head

"said everything we needed to yesterday" Thena said and Brandon shook his head

"Thena please" he begged

"No you said it yourself , you're bad news , you're a bad guy, now leave me alone" She said and she walked into class, she sat down and started to draw on her hand. She finally got a text from Rowan and she snuck out meeting them

She found Hailey, Elisia and Rowan together. They ditched and went to a church. As they walked in they heard music and they looked around

"dude Brie has some weird ass friends" Hailey said looking around

"I heard that" a man said and he walked down to them

"stinger?" Rowan asked

"bries baby sister. Recognize you anywhere" He said and Thena chuckled

"thanks for agreeing to meet" Rowan said and he nodded

" I really went down a rabbit hole with this whole zoo thing pun intended. first off, kids these days are mean y'all are assholes everyone on this site is pissed at someone it's Like a  a virus , viral. One person says one thing and it spreads like a mold like disease it's gnarly. You told me to look up the username, monkey man I pulled up one of his earliest post, says something about how he's gonna punish the girls for always disrespecting him" he read and Elisia read the screen

"wait all 5 of them" Elisia stated

"That's creepy as fuck" Thena said and Stinger agreed

"A year and a half ago" Hailey said and Thena sighed

" Monkey mans dead. So what we need to figure out who wants revenge now" Rowan said

" Someone started using his account after he died but now there's this bigger group coming after us. All  different animals" Hailey said

" How are they communicating? How are they even coordinating? Can you figure that out?" Rowan asked

" I signed up. You have to make an animal name a pig bee sting I like it missing, right? Floating around making friends, asking questions if there's a leader I'll find them" Stinger stated

"Hey, Can you track a phone that's off? Even dead?" Rowan asked and Thena sighed

"Fuck not his phone Rowan" she said and Rowan made eye contact

"It depends" stinger said in confusion

" The police reports that they never found Dunbar phone. I'm wondering if someone picked it up from the party and logged in as monkey man and then decided to pick up where he left off" Rowan said

"And punish us" Elisia exclaimed

" This is stupid really fucking stupid" Thena exclaimed in annoyance and she sat down holding her head. Elisia rubbed her back and Thena stood up

"I need to leave" she said and she walked out as she got on her bike and rode away. Not saying goodbye to anyone, she went to her house and climbed up to her roof. She sat down on the roof and stared at the sky. She counted the stars and laid down until she heard someone climb up and she looked to see Brandon

"Darrow what the hell?" She asked sitting up and he laid down next to her

"dad caught me sneaking into my room" he said and she looked at him

"and?" She asked confused , he made eye contact

"hit me" he whispered and she sat up again with him

"shit b are you okay?" She questioned and he shrugged sadly

"I have to be  , he's my dad" he said softly and she shook her head grabbing his hand lightly

"no Brandon just cause he's your dad, doesn't excuse it and doesn't make him a bad person" she said and he looked at their hands

"you're holding my hand?" He whispered softly and she pulled it away

"Sorry" she said and he shook His head

"Don't be I liked it" he said and she smiled as they lay there on the roof for the next few hours

maybe she didn't hate him as much as she said but could she forgive him?

-ABBYS NOTES-
My babies thandon had a moment

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro