Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I stood in the saddle stretching my legs pain resonated up and down.  Opie looked back at me, then shouted to Jax. We stop over on the side of the road, I dismount immediately and walk up and down. "Are you going to make this journey Maze?" Jax asked walking over to me and resting his hand on my shoulder.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Maybe it's too soon for you to ride," Opie said.

"No I'm fine," I said walking back to my motorcycle. I mounted it and pulled on my helmet.

"Anymore discomfort let us know," Jax said gently slapping me on the back. I nodded and rode upfront with Jax. It was a long ride but once the docks came into sight I breathed a sigh of relief. While Jax and Opie over saw the shipment, I walked into the bar with the others and grabbed myself a beer.

I sat with my back leaning on the bar chatting with Chibbs. "It's good to have you back Maze," he said.

"I was bored. I needed to get out and this road trip was perfect," I said.

"I get ya," he said. A few minutes later Jax and Opie walked over.

"All sorted?" I asked and kissed Opie.

"Yes," he said.

"Good," I said. 

"We're staying here tonight it's too late to be driving back home," Jax told us.

"Good plan," Chibbs said. We all walked over to a table by the window and watched the motorcycles.

"Any discrepancies we should know about?" I asked.

"No, it was all there nothing missing. That will never happen again,"  Jax said with a bit of bitterness in his voice.

"I think Juice is just grateful you spared his life,"  Opie said and took a swig of his beer.

"I agree," I said. "I wouldn't have been as calm as Jax." He chuckled and clinked his glass against mine. I got up and walked outside to get the pages of my fathers diary, Jax had given them to me. I unlocked the saddle and lifted it up, and took them out with the leather binder keeping them safe, it had all the secrets and the truths of the club before Clay took over. I walked past the guys and to one of the rooms Jax secured for us. I put my coat on the chair, kicked off my boots and threw myself down onto the bed.  I opened the binder and carefully laid the pages down. The voice of my father deep in my thoughts as I read through his entries. I read deep into the night, it was only when Opie joined me that I realised how late it was.

I shut the binder as soon as he sat down next to me. "It's okay I'm not going to pry," he said laying down next to me. I placed it down on the table and turned my attention to Opie. I brushed his hair from his face and rested my hand on his cheek. "How did I get so lucky?" he said resting an arm around my waist and pulled me into him.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro