Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Instead of sleeping Opie and I laid together facing one another, the duvet pulled up over our shoulders. "How are you feeling?" he asked, gently rubbing his hand up and down my ribs. 

"I'm okay, I'll be alright. You and Jax need to stand down," I said softly and brushed my fingers through his beard. 

"We care about you," he said. 

"I know," I replied and gently laid a kiss on his cheek. 

"But you're riding with me tomorrow, I can keep an eye on you that way," he said. 

"If I must," I said and rolled my eyes. 

"Hey Teller, what have I told you about that," he said. 

"Nothing," I said rolling over and facing away from him, he draped his arm over me and pulled me into him. 

"But, I will never stop caring," he said.  

"I know," I replied, it wasn't long till we both fell asleep. I was woken up first, I looked over to Opie he was still asleep. I slipped out from under his arms, had a shower and joined the guys downstairs who all had their hands wrapped around coffee mugs.

"Opie still asleep?" Jax asked. 

"Yep," I nodded and collapsed down next to him, "thanks," Jax slid a warm cup of coffee into my hand. I ran a hand through my hair. 

"What's up?" Chibbs asked. 

"Just aches and pains," I sighed. 

"You sure?" Juice asked. 

"Mm," I nodded. A few minutes later and Opie joined us. 

"Took you long enough," Jax teased. 

"I needed rest since this one," Opie said kissing my head, "kept me up talking most of the night." 

"Shut it," I replied and playfully punched him in the arm. 

"When are we leaving?" He asked. 

"Soon, we're just waiting for everyone to have something to eat. We're not driving on an empty stomach," Jax said. 

"Did you hear that Maze?" He asked turning to me. 

"Yes, but I am not driving am I?" I reminded him. 

"Indeed, but you still need to eat," he said and poked me in the ribs. 

"He's right there's nothing to you," Jax piped in. 

"Shut it!" I snarled. 

"Ooooooh, someone's grumpy in the mornings," he teased. 

"When isn't she?" Opie asked joining in. 

"I am not going to ride with you if you continue," I replied. 

"Aw you wouldn't do that to me, I'm hurt," he said and playfully placed his hand over his heart. 

"Believe me Maze, even with your injuries it's not safe for you to drive. You struggled yesterday and we're not taking that chance today," Jax said. 

"Fine," I said slumping back in my chair and crossing my arms over my chest like a scolded child. 

"Don't be like that Mazey," he said and brushed his fingers through my hair. "We're only doing the best for you." 

"Mhm," I nodded and took a swig of my coffee. After we'd all eaten and drank up our coffees we began our long drive back to Charming. I gripped Opie's waist tightly and rested my head on his shoulder. He gave my knee a reassuring pat every now and then. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro