Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The drive home was miserable as we were pelted with sleet and I could feel Opie shivering. We pulled into the parking lot of the clubhouse and rushed in, as soon as we entered the clubhouse we were hit with warmth. "That's better," I said and hugged a radiator. Jax joined me a few minutes later. 

"Okay there?" he asked, I nodded.

"I'm going to miss the summer," Opie said. Jax and I chuckled. 

"Are you two busy tonight?" Jax asked. 

"No, why?" I asked.  

"Could you look after Abel?" he inquired. I looked at Opie. 

"Sure, we'd love to," he replied. 

"Okay I'll drop them over later," he said and walked out leaving us alone.  

"We should be heading home," I said and shuffled closer to him. 

"I guess we should," he replied. We walked to the bikes and sat on cold, wet saddles. It didn't take us long to get home, we pushed our iron horses as fast as they would go. We just about beat the rain. "You okay?" 

"Yes, why?" I asked. 

"Because you've been a little bit quiet since we left," he said and ran his hands down my arms and gripped my hands in his. 

"Just my injury is still giving me a little bit of pain," I said. 

"Well Maze, I suggest you rest and I'll see to Jax when he brings the boys over," he said and turned me to face the hallway. 

"But..." I began. 

"No buts, go lay down," he said and pushed me into the hallway. 

"Yes sir," I said mock saluting him and reluctantly laid down in our bedroom.  I huffed a sigh and pulled the duvet up over my shoulders and pulled my pumpkin cushion under my head. Just when I was comfortable, I heard Jax at the door. My door opened with a creak and the bed sunk down next to me. 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked. I yawned and looked over at him. 

"Of course I do," I replied, "I like spending time with Abel." 

"Okay, well I better leave Tara is waiting for me," he said. 

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow," I replied as I watched him leave. After I heard Jax's car pull away I hauled myself out of bed and greeted Opie and Abel. "There's my two favourite boys." Abel and Opie both turned to me smiling. I leant on the threshold of the door and crossed my arms over my chest. 

"Want to watch a film and have popcorn?" Opie asked, Abel, nodded quickly. 

"Okay, but don't tell your dad it's our secret," I said and walked to the kitchen grabbing three bags out of the cupboard while Opie put a Disney film on. Abel sat right in front of the screen while Opie and I sat on the couch and leant my head on his shoulder. 

"How are you feeling?" he asked. 

"I'm feeling a bit better thank you," I replied, "feel like I need a good nap." We both chuckled and he kissed my head. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro