Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

My hands were handcuffed to a table, and a camera was watching me intently. Agent Stahl was pacing around the table with a folder in her hand. "So Mazekene or can I call you Maze?" She asked, I just gave her a dirty look. "High school drop out, no job, tell me where have you been for the past few years?" She inquired.

"Travelling," I replied.

"Where?" She interrogated me.

"Everywhere," I answered slyly.

"So while everyone was looking for you, you were too busy gallivanting around the states doing what exactly?" She asked.

"Running errands and getting paid for them," I answered.

"Well, you must've been paid well since you managed to stay off the grid for quite some time. Tell me how did you manage that?" She inquired.

"I have friends," I answered sighing.

"What friends are these that keep a missing person hidden from the police?" She asked.

"Ones that were good friends to my father," I commented.

"Oh yes John Teller, he caused the police a lot of trouble with his club," She replied. "Why all of a sudden are you back?" 

"None of your damn business!" I exclaimed.

"It is if you wanna walk free and not be charged for attempted murder," She told me.

"Fine. Clay has called everyone in because they need help with something," I answered.

"What do they need help with?" She quizzed me.

"I don't know, I haven't been briefed yet," I replied.

"Okay well as soon as you have, you report to me and Hale," She told me.

"Yes mam," I answered shaking hands with her, she unlocked my handcuffs and  I was free to walk, my motorcycle was parked up outside but so was Jax's. I saw the blonde-haired boy sitting on his bike and he glanced over to me and began to strut over.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Is it true?" He inquired.

"Is what true?" I asked innocently.

"That you're my sister?" He answered.

"Yes," I nodded, before I knew what happened Jax wrapped me in his arms and hugged me.

"It's good to know that there is one more Teller who can help to protect the club," He replied.

I let go and walked to my motorcycle. "Meet you back at the clubhouse?" I asked.

"Sure, gotta stop by the hospital first," Jax said.

"Okay," I nodded and mounted my motorcycle.

I turned the key in the ignition, I nodded to Stahl and then drove back. I parked next to a trike and then walked into the clubhouse where the elderly man greeted me. "I am Piny Maze. I don't think you would remember me but you grew up with Opie and I helped John to raise you," He explained.

"Okay," I nodded. "I am sorry for what I did to Clay but I've only learnt to take care of myself and if anyone threatens me I've only learnt to retaliate," I explained.

"It not me who you should be apologizing to its Clay," He told me.

"I know," I said bowing my head in shame. "I am just not good with the competition," I added.

"You've been a nomad for too long, I think you've forgotten what it is to be around people," he said resting his hand on my shoulder. "But you will remember soon" He finished and poured me a brandy.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro