Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Molly had left shortly after, leaving the two of us locked in a tight embrace with Jack crying silently into my shoulder.

"It's okay, Jack." I muttered, gently rubbing his back. "There's no need to worry anymore. I'm here. I'm safe."

He gently pulled away to wipe his cheeks. "I was so scared... I thought she would hurt you-"

"But she didn't."

"But she could've. There was nothing stopping her from doing so-"

"But she didn't." I gently took his face in my hands. "She didn't do anything. And even if she did, I'm strong enough to hold her back. Besides, it's not like I would've had to- Max seems strong enough to protect everyone."

Jack finally broke into a small smile. "You met Max?"

I nodded. "And Thomas and Aphmau." I grinned at him. "And Amethyst."

His smile widened. "Amethyst? Is she here?"

"She is. She's downstairs. Phil probably still has her."

"You... you're not mad at me for picking her name without you, are you?"

I kissed his forehead. "Of course not. And I think it's a lovely name for her."

"Good. I was worried you wouldn't like it, or you'd be mad at me for not letting you help pick the name."

There was a knock on the door, and Ethan opened it. He was holding Amethyst, and he smiled when he saw us. "Jack. It's great to see you up again."

"It's great to be up."

"I brought Amethyst. I figured you'd want to see her." He handed her to me, and I carefully carried her in my arms. "Everyone's downstairs. They all wanted to talk to you guys."

I smiled at him. "Thanks. We'll be down soon." He nodded and left.

"She's so beautiful." Jack swooned.

"She is." She opened her eyes, and I noticed just how blue they were. "She has your eyes."

"She has your facial features, though."

Amethyst reached up with one arm, gently touching my cheek with her tiny hand. Suddenly, it was like I was taken somewhere else- sometime in the future. A wedding between two beautiful women, with Suzy as the clergy.

"Amethyst Fishbach, do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold forever because you're both immortal?"

Everyone around laughed, and I took the chance to look around, catching a young boy. He had short, brown hair and eyes that matched mine. The boy turned to me and smirked. "Stop looking at me like that, Dad." He stuck his tongue out.

Dad?

A familiar Irish voice giggled, and Jack leaned forward, looking at me. "He can do whatever he wants."

"Whatever, Father." The boy tried and failed to hide his smile, and we turned back to what was in front of us.

"And you," Suzy continued. "Signe Hansen. Do you take this woman as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold forever?"

"I do." A familiar Danish accent filled my ears, and my eyes widened.

Suddenly, I was back in Jack and I's shared bedroom. "Mark?" Jack whispered. "Are you alright?"

I shook myself out of my daze. "What? Yeah, I'm fine." I forced a smile. "Let's go."

That can't be real.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro