Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jack and I made our way downstairs, and everyone crowded around him and Amethyst. I spotted Phil in the crowd and pulled him aside. "Mark? Is everything alright?"

I ignored his question. "Is it possible for Amethyst to be able to give other people visions?"

"Yeah, there's about a thirteen percent chance of her being born with the power. Why do you ask?"

"Because I think she just gave me one."

"You too?" I nodded. "Tell me about it."

"You first."

He sighed. "Fine. You know how madly in love I am with Dan, right?" I nodded. "The vision I had was of him officially asking me out, in front of everyone. Now you."

"Mine was of Amethyst at her wedding. She was marrying another woman."

"And? What about that has you so worked up?"

I looked around us, making sure no one was around to hear. "She was marrying Signe."

Phil's eyes were wide. "Oh."

"Is there any chance it could be fake?"

He shook his head. "Visions don't lie."

"What visions?" Suzy appeared at my side, and I jumped two feet in the air.

"Nothing!" Phil said quickly. "At least, nothing important."

Suzy pursed her lips. "Uh-huh. Sure. Okay."

Phil nudged my shoulder. "Let's get back to the group. I'm curious about what they're talking about."

The three of us made our way back to the group, just as Dan began to explain something to Jack. "She'll be growing rapidly every day. Vampire children are usually full-grown within five years, but mer-children are full-grown within a week. I'd say about six months to a year is when Amethyst will be a full-grown adult."

"Will she still be immortal?" Jack asked.

"She should be, with her vampire blood."

Jack let go of the breath he had been holding. "Thank God."

I smiled at him. "Let's all head into the living room and relax." Everyone nodded their agreement, and Jack and I fell back as they walked away."

"Is there something you're not telling me?" Jack asked.

I forced a smile. "What? No, of course not-"

"I know when you're lying, Mark. Please tell me."

I sighed. "I'm sorry. Phil and I discovered one of Amethyst's powers."

Jack gasped, looking down at Amethyst. "Really? What is it?" Amethyst looked back up at him and reached up, touching his face. He smiled, seemingly lost in her eyes, before grabbing her wrist and pulling away.

"What is it?" I questioned him. "What did you see?"

He looked over at me, still smiling. "A vision. We have another kid- Remy, our son. He looks just like you." His smile fell. "What was yours?"

"A wedding. Amethyst's. She was marrying another woman."

"Do you know who?"

"No." I lied. "I didn't catch the name. I didn't even recognize her."

"Must've not met her yet. Oh well." He smiled at me again. "Come on. Let's hang out with our friends." I smiled back, finally allowing myself to relax, and followed Jack to the living room.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro