Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

We were pulling into the driveway no later than two hours later. Everyone raced out to us when we got out of the car.

"Is everything okay?" Danny asked.

"You weren't supposed to be back until next week." Bob commented.

"Did something happen?" Suzy questioned.

Phil didn't say anything. He just walked up to Jack, put an arm around his waist, and led him inside. Everyone followed him into the living room, where he gently laid Jack down on the couch. He lifted Jack's head slightly to put a throw pillow under it, then draped a blanket over him.

"Is he okay?" Tyler asked.

Phil sighed. "For the time being, yes." He slowly stood straight, then quickly turned to me and punched my arm as hard as he could.

I clutched it in pain. "What was that for?"

"Seriously, Mark? You two just got married, and you do this?"

"Well, how was I supposed to know this would happen? I'm not a seer like Ross!"

"It happens every time, Mark! Every time!"

"What's going on?" Dan asked.

I ignored him. "Well, maybe I thought the merman part of us would kick in, not the vampire part!"

"Your vampire DNA is more dominant than your merman DNA, Mark! You should know that better than anyone else!"

"Well, I didn't know that!"

"Guys!" Mandy yelled. "Would you please tell us what's going on?"

We ignored her, as well. "God, you're so dense sometimes!" Phil screamed.

"I didn't know that, Phil! How could I be dense on a subject I didn't know?"

Phil glared at me. "Why don't you do your research before you get someone pregnant?" Everyone gasped.

I glared back at him. "Why don't you get your facts straight before picking fights you know you're going to lose?"

Phil snarled, baring his fangs. "You stupid, ignorant, mother-"

"Guys!" We all turned to Jack, who was sitting up on the couch, weeping. "Can we please stop fighting about this?"

I sat down next to him, and he curled into me, crying into my chest. "It's okay, Jackaboy." I whispered. "We didn't mean it."

"Maybe you didn't." Phil muttered before Ethan smacked the back of his head. "I mean, uh, yeah. We didn't mean it."

"Guys, we should just leave them alone." Arin said. They all filed out of the room, until all that was left was Jack and me.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro