Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Mark?" Jack whispered.

"Yeah, Jack?"

"Is it true? I'm really pregnant?"

I nodded, kissing his hair. "Yeah, you are."

He looked up at me, smiling. "Thank God. I would've been worried if I wasn't."

I stared at him. "You knew this would happen?" He nodded. "And yet you convinced me to not use a condom?"

"Mark." He took my hands. "I know you want a family again. A real one. With a spouse, a child or two, and five million dogs." He smiled when he said that. "And I want to make you happy. Truly happy. That's why I did it, Mark. I did it to make you happy."

"I'm already happy, Jack." I squeezed his hands. "I'm happy because of you. Because you're mine. Because you're Jack Fishbach." I smiled. "But starting a family with you sounds great." My smile fell. "But... are you sure you're ready?"

He kissed my cheek. "I'm sure about you. I'm ready for whatever comes our way, as long as I'm with you."

Dan appeared in the doorway, holding a fresh cup of coffee. "Am I interrupting something?"

I smiled at him. "Not at all. Come on in."

He sat in the chair in front of us, then handed Jack the coffee. "here. I thought you'd want it."

Jack took the hot mug, sipping gratefully. "Thanks, Dan."

Dan looked at me. "Is it true?"

I nodded. "Yeah. We're gonna have a family."

Dan grinned. "That's amazing. I'm so happy for you two." His smile fell as he turned to Jack. "Do you know about vampire reproduction?"

Jack shook his head. "Not really, Just some basics."

Dan nodded. "Okay. Well, pregnancies generally last two-and-a-half to three months, no matter if you're a hybrid or not. The first month your stomach will grow, the second is morning sickness and contractions, and sometime after that, the child will be born. Sometimes it could take longer, but it depends on your health." He paused. "Am I good so far?"

Jack nodded. "Keep going."

"Okay. We can't tell what gender the child will be until it's born. Don't ask why, because I have no idea. Also, the baby will be too big for a natural birth, so you'll have to have a c-section. Normally, the child will be a vampire, but since both of you are hybrids, there's a greater chance of it being like you."

"Anything else we need to know about?"

Dan nodded. "Make sure you drink a lot of blood when you start to have morning sickness. Like, at least eight cups a day." He looked at me. "We'll help you two keep track."

"Okay." I told him. "Thank you for telling us."

Dan stood up. "You're welcome. And... good luck." He walked away.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro