Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I turned to Jack. "That was a lot. Are you okay?"

He smiled. "Don't worry about me, Mark."

"I can't help it. You're my husband, and you're pregnant.

"I'm fine, I promise."

"Good. Stay that way." He started to giggle, then broke out into a massive yawn. "Tired?"

"Maybe a little."

"Bedroom or couch?"

He lifted his arms, stretching. "Will I even be able to make it upstairs?"

"Probably not." He moved to lay down, and I helped him do so comfortably, making sure his head hit a pillow. I pulled the blanket onto his small form.

He reached over, grabbing my hand and pulling it close. "You're not going to leave, right?"

I smiled at him, brushing at his hair with my free hand. "Of course not, babe."

Ross appeared in the doorway. "Can I talk to you two for a moment?"

I nodded. "Yeah, come on in."

He hesitantly made his way toward us. "Uh, I just... I had a vision just now."

"What's wrong, Ross?" Jack asked.

Ross hesitated, biting his lip for a moment. "Well... long story short, Signe is coming back. Before the child is born. She's going to take Jack away." Jack and I glanced at each other. "Do you believe me?"

"Yeah, we do." I answered. "Actually, a seer at the camp told us the same thing. Do you have anything else to add?"

He nodded. "Watch out for Amy and Kathryn." He walked away.

"Mark." Jack whispered."I'm scared. I don't want to be taken away from you."

"I won't let it happen, babe."

"But... he said it would happen. So did the seer at the camp."

"They also said something about it. Maybe things will turn out differently."

Jack closed his eyes, finally letting the tension in his body dissipate. He yawned. "I hope you're right."

I leaned down, kissing his forehead. "Now's not the time to worry about it. Goodnight, babe."

"Goodnight, Mark." He fell asleep.

I watched him for a long moment before sighing, reclaiming my hand and standing straight. "Molly?"

Molly appeared next to me, smiling. "Yes, Mark?'

"You can do protection spells, right?"

She nodded. "Want me to do one on Jack?"

"And the unborn child, if possible."

"Alright." She hovered her hands over Jack's head and stomach for a moment. They turned gold as she started speaking in Latin. She finished quickly, pulling her hands back and smiling at me again. "There you go, Mark. The two are safe from harm. Now get some sleep."

I smiled back at her. "Thanks a bunch, Molly."

"You're welcome, Mark." She disappeared. I finally let out a yawn, curling up on a nearby couch. I watched Jack for a long time before closing my eyes and falling asleep.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro