Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"She told us to be on time, and yet she's late."

Molly giggled next to me. "Chill out, Mark, it's been two minutes!"

I leaned on the parked car behind me. "It would at least help if she was on time, too." I perked up when I heard a howl in the distance, then instantly stood as I felt the rumble of gravel. A silver car came up the hill, and Signe climbed out when it stopped.

I scowled at her. "Hand them over."

Signe smiled innocently. "Hold on there, Mark. We need to discuss our terms."

Molly put a hand on my shoulder, trying to calm me down. "What are your demands, Signe?"

Signe pretended to think. "Hm. What do I want most in the world... is 'my clan' an answer?"

I glared at her. "Definitely not."

"Oh well, worth a shot. Fine. Then I want the one who put the protection spell on Jack."

Molly paused. "And if I go, you'll give back Jack and the baby?"

"Of course. A deal's a deal."

Molly took a step toward her, but I grabbed her shoulder, holding her back. "Molly, you can't-"

"I have to, Mark." She looked up at me. "Tell Wade I love him."

"No!" We heard someone scream. We looked at Signe's car. Jack had climbed out and was sprinting toward us. The two women from earlier (who I presumed to be the Amy and Kathryn Ross warned us about) appeared and grabbed him, holding him back. He struggled in their grasp for a moment before giving up and looking over at us. "Please. Don't do this."

I glared at Signe. "You said we'd get both. Where's the child?"

She smirked. "In the car, still. I didn't leave her behind. So is that a deal?"

"Never!" Wade howled in wolf form, racing toward us. He jumped over Jack, causing the two girls to let go of him. He took his chance, running into my open arms.

"Mark." He breathed. "She lied. She didn't bring her. She didn't bring Amethyst. She left her behind." He looked up at me with tears in his eyes. "She still has our daughter."

"Well." Signe announced. We both turned to her as she kicked Wade to the ground. "Looks like someone broke the rules." She looked at the two girls, gesturing to us. "Get him."

Jack held me tighter as the girls tried and succeeded to get him off of me. "No! I won't go back!"

"Let him go!" Molly screamed, trying to force them away.

Signe grabbed her hair and threw her down by Wade. She looked back up as Amy and Kathryn started to drag Jack to the car. "Not him." She spoke up, making the girls drop Jack. She pointed to me, grinning sadistically. "Get him."

Jack's eyes widened when the girls grabbed me. "No! Don't take him!"

"Who are you to stop us?" Signe asked rhetorically.

I struggled as they dragged me to the car, throwing me in the back. Amy hit my head with a hard punch, and I was out like a light.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro