03 - Evidence

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Nico's POV

Tsubasa brought out her phone and played something. It sounded like a voice recorder.

"Believe every word you'll hear Nico-chan. This is my proof. Listen for yourself!", she says with a smile.

The recorder played - I first heard what sounded like a piano, then I heard Tsubasa...and Maki's voice...the recording was consistent...there wasn't any cuts or edits done.

It sounded like the two were having a conversation. It sounded like they were talking about the song that they were working on. I heard Maki saying: "Tsubasa-chan, I think the tone is a bit too sharp at that note. Try pressing this instead...".

What went in my mind was...why a recorder? No, no, no, no...there's no way this can be real!!? It must have been scripted or something. That maybe Maki-chan was just pretending...no...her voice doesn't sound like she is at all!! But...Impossible!!! I know Maki-chan, she won't do anything like that...right?? Then...Tsubasa said to me...

"Listen Nico-chan. I know that you won't be convinced that I am telling you the truth had I shown you a letter, note, or a photo instead. That's why I decided a recording as my best evidence. Honestly, I originally wanted it to be a video, but at that time, Maki-chan might have noticed so I opted for sound recording instead. I can assure you though...this isn't scripted. I made sure that Maki did not know I recorded our talk."

Her explanation sounded really honest too. It's hard for me to say she's faking it with all the details. She might have done this recording after she found out what was the true status between me and Maki-chan. She really prepared for this, huh?

"Also...this will serve as proof to two things: one, we ARE in a relationship, and two, we're not goofing off in our work...oh wait...here comes the juicy part hehe." I did not want to believe that until...

Moments later, the recording played a certain part in the conversation...it...broke me...

--In the Voice Recording --

Maki: Tsubasa...are you alright? It seems you can't compose properly...
Tsubasa: Maki-chan, I have something to confess...
Maki: Huh? What is it?
Tsubasa: ...I love you...
Maki: !! Ehhh!!!??
Tsubasa: I love you Maki-chan!! And I really mean it!!
Maki: !! Tsubasa...I...I...can't believe...
Tsubasa: Believe me Maki-chan! My feelings for you is the reason why I couldn't concentrate. I just...I just could not accept that you and u's will be gone soon!! I...I just can't...
Maki: Tsubasa-chan...you're serious...huh?
Maki: Then...what do you want me to do about it...
Tsubasa: A date.
Maki: What!!? Already?!!
Tsubasa: Why Maki-chan? You don't want to?
Maki: I...I...can't...
Tsubasa: ...because you love Nico? Is that it?
Maki: !!! How did you found out! No, no, no!! That's not it!
Tsubasa: So you don't love her?
Maki: ...I...I don't love Nico. She's just my friend...that's all.
Tsubasa: (grins) So it's fine right? Me as your girlfriend?
Maki:...yeah...I guess...

-- End of Recording --

I froze hearing that part. My head looked down on the ground, I never said a word after that. Even as Tsubasa was still talking, I stayed silent.

"Surely, you should know now what you heard was true judging from our voices. I mean, you ARE an idol after all."

What...what am I feeling...now...

I'm hurt. Maki-chan betrayed me. If she had not, then why would she agree to Tsubasa's offer? Because she was forced to? That isn't the point!! She didn't tell me that happened!! She didn't do anything to defend our love! She broke my trust!! That was what my heart was feeling! It's too hard for me to accept it and understand her even though I want to!

"Nico-chan, you and u's are not the only ones depressed that you have to disband. I am too, and so is A-Rise. It may not look like it but we really aren't happy with your group's decision. It's not just because we will lose a strong rival, and new friends...but also..."

"...but also...the girl I love...is going to say goodbye. Because she happened to be part of u's. That's my reason. For our date. For everything. Please understand that Nico..."

Moments after the recordings stopped, Tsubasa's phone rang. Someone was calling her.

"Well...what a coincidence. Looks like Maki-chan is calling me."

Now it was clear to me that Tsubasa was telling the truth. I know she's smart, and that she wouldn't pull that off and show it to me unless she has important reasons to do so. And Maki-chan...the fact that Maki-chan called her now would mean she has Tsubasa's phone number. No way would she do that! Unless...unless she...!!

I heard a bit of Maki's voice from Tsubasa's phone. Instantly, it moved me to do something. I approached Tsubasa...

"GIVE ME THAT!!"

...and snatched her phone from her. I did not care if what I did was rude, nor did I care if Tsubasa got angry at me for what I did. I heard that voice...I wanted answers.

"MAKI-CHAN!! IS IT TRUE!!? ANSWER ME!!!"

I hoped my thoughts were wrong. I hoped I got the answer I wanted...I hoped as I heard her respond:

"!! Nicoo?!!"

Maki's POV

I took out my phone and called Tsubasa-chan. I had something to discuss with her regarding our "appointment", or date as she said so. I called her, but I only heard her say "Hello, Maki-chan. Good thing you call -".

All of a sudden, I heard Nico's voice instead of Tsubasa's. She was with Tsubasa?!! I recognized her voice but it seemed she was angry or something. I was shocked, I did not know what to reply.

"MAKI-CHAN!! Are you having a relationship with Tsubasa?!! How could you!?? ANSWER ME!!!"

Then I realized it was my fault. A bad habit of mine. I did not tell Nico-chan what happened between Tsubasa and I. I kept it a secret, even though I knew it was wrong. She had every right to be angry me - or to hate me for it.

"Nico...please...understand..."

"NOO MAKI-CHAN!!!"

----

A/N: (I am hoping to publish at least two chapters next week.)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro