04 - Answer

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"No, Maki-chan! I don't understand!! Do you have any idea what you've done?!! To me?! To Tsubasa?!! Why did you not tell me, huh!!!?"

"Nico-chan...I'm sorry..."

Nico's POV

I got the answer I didn't want. At that moment I felt nothing but anger and pain. Normally I would have just pulled off something funny and nonsensical to lighten the mood. Normally...

But no. What Maki-chan did was horrible...to the wrong person...at the wrong time...She should know that we have only a few months left until we say goodbye. She should! Yet still she did this. Why? I don't understand at all!!

"Maki-chan. Tell me. What did you like about Tsubasa-chan, huh? What does she have that I don't? Answer me."

She did not say a word.

"Maki-chan...are you tired of me? Am I no good for you anymore?"

Still not a word.

"Sigh. Fine, Maki-chan. You want her instead of me? Go ahead, I won't stop you. I never loved you anyway, Maki. Bye."

I stopped calling her. Calmly, I gave back the phone to Tsubasa. After unleashing my anger, I strangely felt calm...like I accepted what has just happened...even though I don't. I think...I'm heartbroken...

After that, I told Tsubasa-chan: "Tsubasa, take care of Maki-chan for me. She's very annoying to hang out with. I hope you have a good time with her." Then I left, walking away from her and that place.

After walking far enough, out of Tsubasa-chan's sight, I went to an alleyway somewhere. I sat there...then I cried. HARD.

Tsubasa's POV

I...I didn't see that coming.

The moment Nico took my phone from me, the way she talked, I did not expect this from her. At all. So this is how serious those two are with their relationship...

For some reason, I felt uneasy as those events unfolded. That girl surprised me, I do feel a bit sorry for her. I loved Maki for a reason, it wasn't my plan to fall in love with her...but it just happened. I guess that is the kind of person I am.

Nico saying she is okay with our relationship gave me a bit of a chill. I know she doesn't accept it at all. This is gonna be complicated...

After Nico left, I called Maki-chan to know how she's doing...

"Maki-chan...are you...alright?"

"Tsubasa-chan...is...is Nico-chan still there?"

"She just left. I have to say, I never expected her to act like that."

"Tsubasa-chan, please don't hate Nico for what she just did. That is the kind of person she is."

"I understand, I won't harbor hard feelings for Nico."

I felt a bit guilty for what happened so I said: "Maki-chan...I'm sorry...it was my fau-"

"Don't blame yourself, Tsubasa-chan. It's my fault, I will take responsibility."

"...so...does this mean we should cancel our date Maki-chan?"

"Tsubasa, we'll continue our date. It has to be done. I was expecting Nico would be really angry with me had she known anyway."

"I see..."

Maki-chan sounded alright. She's calm with her words. Still, I can tell she is not happy with what happened. Looks like our date will continue after all. How bittersweet it must have been.

...I hope Nico understands it someday...

Maki's POV

I know it is hard to understand. Why did I do this? I was afraid...afraid...of what may happen...

I'm aware that u's will disband, and that we will say goodbye. For that reason we have to move on. We had to let go off each other, we have to break our connections with each other. Only then can we feel satisfied with our farewells. The last thing I want is for anyone of us to regret this decision, to be depressed and not accept that all this happened. To see anyone of them ruin their future...because they could not let go of the past...

What is wrong with my relationship with Nico? It isn't Nico, she has done nothing wrong, at all. It is the relationship itself. As time passed we grew more and more...and more obssessed with each other. Our love has reached the point where our hearts seemed to become one - we...we just couldn't let go of each other. We're no longer treating each other as classmates, as fellow members, or even as friends. We're...lovers...and I am happy with that. But...we can't change reality.

If I broke our relationship now, before u's disappears, before we say goodbye, then for us it will be a new start. What matters now is that we prepare for that day - to move on. Tsubasa really surprised me, but I felt her advances were my chance...to end this once and for all. If Nico and I stayed as we were now...it will hurt our future. This may be the only way...

I love Nico...so much. That is why I have to do this, to do this date. It is for her future...for her dreams as an idol. I won't allow myself to be an obstacle to that...not anymore...

Thinking about all that, I cried. Cried so hard after I put down the phone. It was SOOO HARD for me to make this decision. A part of me wants to let go...a bigger part wants to hold Nico even longer...I...I...don't know anymore...sniff...

...and...I know...Nico...doesn't understand it....

-------
Two days later...

Location: Otonokizaka Academy, Rooftop level. About 9:00 AM. Saturday.

U's will be practicing for the upcoming events. Nico and Maki included...

The girls were gonna be practicing at the rooftop, with permission. At least six of them were already there, waiting for the others to come. Those six were Honoka, Maki, Rin, Eri, Kotori and Umi. Umi and Kotori were talking to each other, Rin had something to say, Honoka was busy thinking about the practice, and Maki...wasn't doing anything.

"...Guys, Kayochin won't be coming today. She's sick, nyah.", said Rin to the rest regarding Hanayo's absence.

"Really? I hope Hanayo-chan gets well soon...", Honoka replied with a concerned look. But that won't stop their practice today.

"...I guess Hanayo-chan ate too much rice...I wish she should stop...", Maki replied with an annoyed expression.

"...hehe...Maki-chan? I think your words seem a bit not nice...", replied Rin as she notices Maki's insecurity.

It was a heavy atmosphere that day. Everyone seemed to notice that Maki was unusually...depressed. Particularly Kotori-chan...gazing at Maki with a really worried look. Then...Nozomi...and Nico...arrived.

"What took you guys so long? Something wrong?", Eri asked.

"Nothing, Ericchi! Nicochi and I just bought something at the mall."

"...Okay...", replied Eri calmly.

Meanwhile, Nico was unusually silent, but she doesn't look depressed or anything, nor was she smiling - she seems to be in a fine mood. She looked at everyone checking if they're here.

Then...she looked at Maki. Immediately she walked towards her...

At the same time...Maki was busy doing her habit of twirling her hair, whilst making a depressed expression that meant no one should bother her. She too is silent...calm...until Nico suddenly walked towards her.

The two girls faced each other that day. Maki immediately looked shocked and nervous as Nico stands in front of her. Nico...gave her a very serious glare. Something bad is about to happen...

-----
A/N: Just writing this chapter hurts me too...but it AIN'T OVER!! I will publish the next part soon! (probably tomorrow or the day after that.)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro