Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Paris was in my sights, I had been riding all day and night my legs were sore and my mount was tired. The rain began to pour, we galloped down the wet muddy path both being coated I could hear the toll of the bell as we reached the gate. I slowed down to a walk and my horse trod the familiar streets we had left behind us many months ago. I had been sent on a private mission by Treville. It wasn't long till I could see the Musketeers barracks, my steed speeded up and stamped on the cobbles as I did all I could to keep him under control, but as we crossed over the threshold I let him have his head but it was quiet no one was around. It then dawned on me that it was the christening of the King's son they would all be there. I dismounted my horse and took him to his stable. 

A stable boy took him and took care of him. "Mi-lady I didn't expect to see you arrive so early," he said. 

"Neither did I but Angelos here was eager to get home," I said and patted my horse's neck. I left the pair alone and walked into my quarters it was next door to Aramis', it had been left the exact same after I left no one would have known I was ever away. I drew myself a bath, when it was high enough I clambered in soaked my achy bones, I cleaned the dirt off and found myself relaxing. 

After a few hours, I clambered out and got changed into my black leather armour, white shirt and tried to tie my corset the best I could. I left my long black wavey hair free which now touched the bottom of my back, I used my ribbon to keep any stray hairs out of my face and picked up my black hat with the red feather on. I walked up to Treville's office and he was sat behind his desk.

"Rosa? You're back early!" He exclaimed. 

"Angelos was eager to get home," I told him as got up and wrapped his arms around me. "The others at the christening?" 

"Yes, they'll be glad to see you. They have missed you very much D'artagnan often waited at the gate most evenings he wanted to be the one to welcome you back," he said.

"Oh really?" I said crossing my arms over my chest. 

"You are more appreciated than you think," he smiled. "Let's go get a drink at the tavern." He grabbed his coat and we made our way into town. "I hope the mission wasn't too hard?" He asked. 

"Nothing I couldn't handle," I told him. 

"Good. I see you carry the pistol I had made for you," he said. 

"Of course. It's my rabbit's foot it has saved my life many times." I replied offering a smile. We walked into the rowdy tavern no one noticing our presence, not a single red guard lifted their eyes. 

"Two ales please," Treville ordered, we took a table in the corner and continued to catch up it seemed I had missed quite a lot but hadn't quite missed the war that was brewing over France. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro