Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Emma

Summer is already coming to an end and that means leaving Santa Monica to San Francisco for university. I am really going to miss home but my mum insisted for me to go to study out of state. Craig is going to move in with her so I'm not to worry about her as I was a few months ago. I have worked so much to get into a good university that I'm happy I got accepted into two. Into San Francisco and at Chicago University. I decided to go to San Francisco as it's only a six-hour drive. I'm going to miss my mum.

"What are you thinking about babe?" He says as he reaches in and kisses me softly of my lips then he pulls himself up holding his weight on his arm aside of my body. I look into his blue crystal eyes as we are only a few centimeters away. I wrap my arms around his naked back and pull him down as he falls onto me and hugs me. My bare chest against me always gives me warmth.

"I was just thinking how cool it's going to be at university together," I say kissing him on the lips. Another reason why I wanted to go to San Francisco is that he got accepted there too.

"Brad! Come and help me," yells Ria, his younger sister. When the incident at Hunter's house happened I got rushed to the hospital and Brad was there every step of the way. He whispers something in my ear and gets out of bed. He throws on a pair of boxers and pants with a white t-shirt. I never thought of having someone apart from Hunter so soon but things didn't turn to work out. I wasn't able to go to prom because of my injury in my arm from the gunshot. I was two months in a rehabilitation center to gain mobility in my left arm. It's much better now but at the beginning, it was hard. I couldn't lift my arm up and it took a lot of practice, it felt like I was learning to ride a bicycle all over again. Hunter came once to visit me in the hospital and then he disappeared. I didn't get a call or a single sign of life. I haven't seen him since June.

"Katniss, you wanna go have breakfast in town with Dean and Megha," I nod as I curl myself up in his sheets. I look like a burrito only with my head popping out. He looks over at me and laughs. I get out of bed fully naked and walk over to the drawer on the other side of the bed. Brad grabs me by my waist and pulls me closer to him,

"You are tempting me to get back into that bed with you," he adds as his hands travel down to my lower back. I look up and cup his face as I get close to his lips and add,

"We will leave that for tonight." I say brushing my lips against his to taste him "Let's get breakfast." I add as I peck his lip and walk over to the drawer. He sighs and leaves the bedroom to find out what his sister needs. I open the top drawer that has a few of my clothes there. I grab my favorite white summer dress and put on my white sandals. I make the bed and head downstairs and enter the living room seeing Brad on a ladder reaching for the pelmet. I walk over and hold the ladder making sure he won't fall and break his back.

"Brady, what are you doing?" I ask looking up at the curtains. He looks really sexy from down here. His both arms reaching up for the tiny cloth.

"Ria lost the fucking tarantula and saw it climbing up here," The fact that, that creature is running free around the house freaks me out. I'm not a fan of spiders or tarantulas, the only time I saw it was in her bedroom in the cage and it was repulsive. I remember this time with my brother. We went on a family trip to the Amazon rainforest and there were so many nice animals. But my worst fear are spiders and we were having a picnic at a car stop when my brother told me I had a spider on my shoulder. I remember looking over my shoulder and seeing the ugly hairy thing with huge eyes on me. Thank god my father took it off me but I was crying the whole trip by car just remembering it.

"AH!" I scream as I see it on the floor next to my bare feet. That thing better not touch me. Brad looks down at me and jumps off the steps as I back away from it.

"Ria, Katniss found your baby!" he shouts as he bends down to pick it up. The black hairy insect claims up his palm of his hand just when Ria comes in with the biggest smile across her face. I can understand pets like dogs, cats, hamsters but having a spider is just unreal. She hardly never leaves it out of the cage and when she does she loses him.

"I thought I lost you." She says with a baby tone like it was her daughter or a baby. Brad gives it to her and she kisses it. It grosses me out that she kissed it but I totally respect it. Brad grabs the ladder and puts it back into the garage as I put on my shoes to go. I grab my handbag and leave it hanging from my shoulder.

"Let's go, we are meeting them at Malone's Coffee shop," he says as we get into his car.

The second book has officialy began !! ❤🎉

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro