#10 Remembrance

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Miss Baek, let's get you sheltered from the rain first."

Ah-ri skeptically followed Garrick. Behind her, she faintly heard Miss Na's voice.

"...Little Ra-mi's probably home by now."

There was subtle warmth lacing her voice and no amount of rain could cover it.

Or was Ah-ri just being too sensitive?

Garrick led her to the direction where she came from, opposite of where Miss Na and the man walked off to.

As they were finally shielded from the downpour and walking along the corridors of the hospital, Garrick didn't waste time to say what he must.

"About Miss Na's private matters, we hope Miss Baek won't talk much about it."

The assistant glanced at her sideways as they were strolling. His eyes conveyed how serious he was.

Ah-ri was only surprised for a moment but regained composure the next. Of course, she knew how much privacy meant to them who were in the entertainment world.

Although Miss Na wasn't entirely in the spotlight, she could still count as a celeb in their field.

She was about to nod her head and express her understanding when someone interrupted her.

"Darling, Manager Kim's been looking all over for you."

Who else would audaciously call her darling?

Garrick seemed he wasn't surprised by Kyo Ri-yan's appearance. The assistant simply pushed his glasses up.

"Since you're here, I'll be leaving Miss Baek in your care." He bowed slightly to the two. "Thank you for agreeing to my request, Miss Baek."

With that, he turned and left.

Ri-yan also knew how to read the mood and didn't talk much as they were going back to Ah-ri's room.

The girl was uncomfortably silent.

As they neared their destination, Ri-yan suddenly stopped.

Ah-ri who was behind him looked up with a lost expression.

"Listen," gone was the frivolity in his tone. "I suggest you not to get too involved with Leigh and her affairs."

Her eyebrows jumped. It could have been understandable if Garrick was the one who told her these words.

But this was Kyo Ri-yan, the playboy multi-talented star! And for once, his visage was solemn, his emotions carefully concealed from his eyes.

Is this a warning?

"Just listen to oppa, 'kay?"

As though it was just an illusion, the playful smile returned while he patted her head.

Nevertheless, Ah-ri knew he was serious.

This man rarely referred to himself as oppa when talking with her as his personality was greatly influenced by western culture.

And every chance he got, he always flirted with her. But how did Ah-ri know that he really didn't like her?

It was precisely because of the rare moments when he acted like a real oppa to her. She knew Ri-yan truly treated her like a younger sis all these years.

And whenever he showed that humorless face, she always listened to him.

However, Ah-ri underestimated the spontaneous and turbulent emotions that rammed her in a short amount of time. Add up the stress she'd been through these past few days, she got provoked all of a sudden.

"Seems like oppa knows Re-yee unni too well."

An accusatory tone.

The man's face momentarily blanked but a soft chuckle soon followed.

An unknown light flickered in his eyes but it was gone even before Ah-ri took a good look.

"You've no idea what you're saying... Come, I'll send you back."

She knew she'd been snappy and rude so she let him take the lead.

Her thoughts went back to the look in Miss Na's eyes earlier.

Another set of eyes suddenly flashed in her mind. They were clearly different people but the same passionate affection was seen.

It must have been because of her head injury but her vision suddenly became clouded.

"Ninth brother, why do you always side with her? What's so good about her? She clearly disrespected you and the royal Xia!"

The lady had an icy yet graceful bearing. The palace dress she wore only accentuated her cold elegance. But no matter how she tried to hide it, the hurt still leaked from her façade.

The man she was talking to seemingly had a polite expression but his body exuded indifference that was only reserved for the lady in front of him.

"Imperial daughter, don't misunderstand. Are this prince's affairs something imperial daughter should waste your precious time on? Please exercise restraint on your words, otherwise people will also misinterpret."

The imperial daughter was indignant and still wanted to argue back. But the prince cut her off.

"Have a good day." After bowing slightly, he turned around without caring for the look on her face.

The prince lowered his gaze to the person by his side.

"Shall we?" All the disinterest melted from his voice, replaced by heartwarming tenderness.

This woman had a dazzling smile. The rules didn't restrain her movements but her confident gait was truly refreshing to the eyes.

Distance soon grew between the two parties but she happened to look back at the imperial daughter only to see the longing and worry in the other woman's eyes.

It was only a split moment before she noticed someone was scrutinizing her. With a haughty harrumph, the imperial daughter turned the other way.

Even though it was only but an instant, the lady who was accompanied by the prince knew the meaning of that gaze.

'Why couldn't he just stay with me? Or even look back at me just once?'

The man she called ninth brother further grew apart from her each day.

Such pure and miserable passion, the girl knew wouldn't be reciprocated by the prince.

Why?

Because it was her who was firmly holding his heart.

Chen Rong looked up to see the fine gentleman still looking at her with all the warmth of his being.

In his eyes, there was only her. Bai Chen Rong.

And in her heart, there could only be him. Even if countless lifetimes passed.

Baek Ah-ri felt the world spinning. Soon, it was dimming but the sad smile on her lips never leaving.

---

Author might update every other day from now on. Not yet sure if I can keep up with a daily sched so.... hehehe ✌三✌('ω')✌三✌

Vote, comment and follow me yea??? I'm cute~~~

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro