#12 Caution List

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Inside the large conference room, tens of middle aged people sat around the stylish oval-shaped table.

The peculiar thing was a young woman was sitting at the head position.

All the people in the room minded their actions in front of this icy female god.

Lisa who was CEO Na's head secretary was the one speaking on her behalf when questions were raised.

The discussion continued with Re-yee's silence. They were used to it.

Garrick who was CEO Na's personal assistant was sitting at the back of the room.

In Garrick's mind, he was bickering with these old fogeys who clearly looked down on his family's boss.

Na Re-yee's father, Na Jaehwoon, just retired last year from the CEO position despite only being in his fifties. He remained as the Chairman of the Board but the day-to-day management was appointed to Re-yee.

But everyone in this room knew that Na Re-yee had taken over her father's duties way earlier than that.

But of course, the old fogeys were uncomfortable working under a young person and a woman at that.

Nevertheless, none of them could complain. Na Re-yee rose to her position according to company rules and legal means.

Also, didn't they see first-hand the consequences of going against the young CEO?

They wouldn't want to experience the same fate as the former Finance Division VP who tried to embezzle funds but got found out.

Right now, nobody wanted to get involved with the VP's unlucky surname. And his family sank to the bottom of the business chain.

Today, the atmosphere in the conference room seemed more frigid than usual.

As a result, the old fogeys were more careful than usual.

Although they still had reservations against the young CEO, they also knew her godly capabilities.

What they didn't know was CEO Na's mind was just wandering. She wasn't planning anything sinister like what the old fogeys were thinking.

Re-yee couldn't shake off her intuition that Ah-ri knew her brother before.

She might have looked like she wasn't paying attention earlier but she saw the forlorn look on Ah-ri's face.

But Il-jeong didn't seem to recognize her.

That was the puzzling part. Her brother had insanely good auditory memory. If Ah-ri was a friend from before, he would surely remember it.

Re-yee was overprotective of her brother.

She had nothing against Ah-ri but if there was a chance that she had bad intentions...

Danger flashed in Re-yee's eyes.

Garrick pretended not to see this but he couldn't fight the goosebumps rising.

Therefore, our oblivious female lead had once again entered the villainess' caution list.

Due to fainting, Baek Ah-ri had a prolonged stay in the hospital to further examine her.

But nothing too threatening came out so she was just told to rest.

To Manager Kim's relief and gratefulness, the company took the initiative to give a leave to her talent.

Something seemed to change in Ah-ri these days but Kim Hyun-soo couldn't put a finger on it.

She was still bouncy and cheerful but why did it feel like something was wrong?

After getting discharged from the hospital, Ah-ri immediately went back to work.

No one could see the cloud of sadness surrounding her heart because of the never-ending smiles she gave to everyone.

She had thought it over. She couldn't make the same mistakes.

No matter how painful. No matter how breathless her nights would be from now on, if those two were happy being with each other, then she wouldn't intervene.

Ah-ri was 90% sure now. Although Miss Na and that nameless man weren't aware, their souls also once lived in Da Xia as the royal princess Gao Le and prince Chang.

But that was the past.

No matter how Ah-ri wanted to go back, she couldn't.

What cruel fate!

After almost paying off all her debts, she got to meet the people she thought she'd never see again.

But everything wasn't like before.

She wasn't Bai Chen Rong who was deeply loved by Xia Yu Heng.

Xia Yu Heng... My Ah'Heng...

Could he really forget?

It hurt.

It hurt so much.

To the point that she almost refused to believe.

The love that she believed could transcend lifetimes fleeted away just like that.

It turned out it was only her who thought like that.

But of course, she couldn't blame them. She had no right to point fingers.

All souls had to forget their past identities.

It was Ah-ri who was abnormal because of her debt. It was her punishment not to forget.

But now that the punishment was soon over, she forced herself to remember.

Only to be broken by the memories she couldn't go back to.

Maybe this was another challenge thrown by fate.

If so, then she already learned her lesson. She wouldn't get in the way of someone else's happiness again.

She'd live her last life to the fullest. Then, she'd lay herself to rest forever.

"What the heck are you thinking again?"

Ri-yan entered her resting lounge in JNE.

"I'm trying to recall the tune I made earlier." Ah-ri lied effortlessly.

Then, she changed topic. "Oppa, you know Director Lee Seok right? We bumped into each other the other day. He wrote another sageuk[1] and he really likes the ballads I write so he's trying to commission me."

Kyo Ri-yan sat lazily on the couch and read some random magazine.

"If it's him then that'll be a good deal. What's it about?"

"A tragic love story of a commoner girl and a royal prince of Silla at the time of turmoil in the three kingdoms. The ending will be the prince and the commoner would be punished by death because of revolting against the throne."

Ah-ri was carefully looking at his reaction when she said this. And a look of dismay immediately formed on the man's face.

"Ugghh, you should've said a disclaimer! I like watching Lee Seok's dramas, now you said the ending. Tsk, I'm not talking to you anymore!"

To say that Ah-ri was shocked wasn't enough.

So the great playboy Kyo loved watching sob historical dramas?

---

[1]Sageuk- historical drama

This story is srsly slow paced so it will probably longer than NGVM. I'm trying to make a full-fledged serial novel here lol

But anyways, if you enjoyed NGVM, then join us in the discord server: Lei Feng Wangguo

I made some pretty big changes and I plan to put bonus content there that won't be posted here in watty. You can find the link in my dashboard! See you there (•ө•)♡

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro