#15 She's a Ten

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Good thing Ah-ri's hand in business never rusted. If she would only rely on her savings to pay the 4 million-dollar debt and interest, her pockets would be emptied out.

The few investments she had would come to play this time around.

Her relatives were so troublesome ah!

And she still had to make sure to find a good rehab center for her uncle and his wife. One where they couldn't escape so easily.

For that, she needed some help.

Could she go and ask Miss Golden Thigh... err... Miss Golden Ticket?

In the end, Ah-ri decided to take a chance.

Garrick was the one who answered her call. Ah-ri had a feeling that Miss Na's assistant was elated when she called although his voice remained impassive and imposing.

She just shrugged the feeling off.

He said that Miss Na would be free by 10 pm and would meet her in KofiBean uptown.

Ah-ri was also okay with the time and place.

When the company learned that she was discharged from the hospital but still insisted to work, they lessened her load to a minimum. So these days, she wasn't that tired.

An hour before the appointment, Ah-ri hailed a cab towards her destination.

She couldn't help but think that Miss Na had a peculiar taste. Coffee at night? Could she even sleep with the extra caffeine in her body?

Discerning a deity's way of thoughts was really hard for a mortal like Ah-ri.

She arrived at the café a quarter before 10.

To her surprise, Miss Na was already there, elegantly sipping her coffee while reading a book.

Ah-ri heard from the driver that a library used to stand on this strip of land. So it turned out that they didn't change the interior and made it a lovely hideout for coffee and book lovers.

Na Re-yee saw movement in her peripheral so she raised her head.

"You're here. Want to order first?"

Facing Miss Na, if Ah-ri was a weak-hearted girl, she'd probably want to bury her head in insecurity and shame.

No matter what time of the day, this woman was as ethereal as always.

If Ah-ri was the youthful, sweet and lovable type of beauty, then Na Re-yee was the gorgeous, mature, classy type of career woman.

She was both handsome and beautiful wearing a tailor-made suit.

Ah-ri was healed just by looking at her.

Re-yee felt her lips twitch a little. The girl in front of her didn't even bother to hide the admiring look in her eyes. Was she being molested by a younger woman?

After holding herself back from drooling, Ah-ri said, "Green tea would be nice. Do they have it here?"

Miss Na only raised her hand in reply. A waiter promptly approached.

After telling her order, Ah-ri looked around the place once more.

The atmosphere of the café was warm and cozy. Especially here in the semi-private booth on the mezzanine floor where they were at.

It overlooked the whole café and the shelves of books on the ground floor. The aroma of coffee simply made one sigh in contentment.

She wondered what it would be like here when it was winter.

Not long after, the green tea and strawberry cake arrived.

Miss Na listened attentively to her request. It could be said that Ah-ri was far from being thin-faced as she didn't even blush while asking for a favor.

She fully used her cute sparkling eyes and sweet smile while not showing that she was also prepared to be rejected. After all, she and Miss Na weren't exactly bosom buddies.

To her surprise, Na Re-yee only replied:

"It's good that you thought of this. Don't worry, I'll have it arranged. They'll undergo rehab and some vocational classes too so they wouldn't depend on you again once the therapy's over."

The way she looked at Ah-ri clearly said, 'Good thing you're not as softhearted as you appear.'

Since she agreed, this meeting was considered done but Ah-ri fidgeted in her seat.

Until she couldn't hold it anymore and decided to ask.

"Uhm, unni... How's your husband, err... partner?"

As Na Re-yee was looking down at her empty cup, her lashes visibly trembled when she heard this.

Ah-ri waved her hands in front of her. "Ah, I'm being too nosy. It's okay, you don't really need to answer. Ha ha~" She scratched her nose while saying this.

Re-yee looked up, stared at her, gently blinking.

"Have you known Jeongi from before?" She slowly articulated and didn't mind to correct the misunderstanding.

It was Ah-ri's turn to falter. While fiddling with her fork, she shook her head.

"It's just that he reminded me of my dad. He used to stand under the rain too, waiting for my mom to return... She never did."

Then she looked at Re-yee again and forced a sheepish smile.

"That's why when I saw someone under that heavy rain, I got a little emotional. Sorry if it caused a misunderstanding between you two."

Na Re-yee was a bit stunned to hear her story. "Oh... it's fine. He's also fine. I just thought you're acquainted with him."

She looked at her watch. "Then... I have to go. Rest well, Ah-ri."

Miss Na nodded with a faint curve on her lips before standing up to leave.

The moment Na Re-yee turned, a sad smile escaped from Ah-ri.

Just as I thought.

Their roles were reversed, huh?

Did Yin Hua Lei also feel this way back then when it was her, Bai Chen Rong, who was by Ah'Heng's side?

How did she cope with the pain?

It hurt to the point of drowning.

Should she also scheme against Miss Na?

At the thought, Ah-ri vehemently shook her head and slapped her palms to her cheeks at the same time.

Stupid! Stupid!

As if any scheming would help. Miss Na was a golden thigh ah.

You think you can take her down? You and what army?

Baek Ah-ri was lost in her self-deprecating pool. She didn't even notice the waiter approaching her and giving her a somewhat freaked-out look.

"Miss?"

Ah-ri looked up with depressed eyes.

But the waiter was professional and still stated his spiel with vigor. "Your bill's already settled. Thank you for visiting KofiBean~"

Hearing this, Ah-ri had a sudden thought. If Miss Na was a man, she'd get 10/10 for being a gentleman.

---

Spice up my life by joining me on discord! Remember that you should have finished NGVM first before accepting my invite to avoid being spoiled

https://discord.gg/eSs6x8m

Also support author-nim by tipping me a cup of coffee~~

https://ko-fi.com/melomarl

This should be a post for tomorrow but I decided to post in advance! Bcoz I wuv you (*˘︶˘*).。.:*♡

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro