#16 Surrounded by Freaks

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Ah-ri had so much free time so she was idle these past few days.

Uncle and Aunt Baek had entered the rehab and little Ye-soon was staying at her unit.

Now, she had a bratty housemate so whenever the brat was at home, she avoided her like a plague.

She didn't have to worry that Ye-soon would starve because she even hired a day-time maid for her.

It was Saturday and Ye-soon would probably be at home bawling her eyes out because 'Unni separated me from mom and dad.'

The kid didn't even consider that her unni was the one feeding her, clothing her and sheltering her and not her parents.

So after a fan meeting, Ah-ri went straight to the studio where Ri-yan was guest-hosting a variety show.

The first who greeted her backstage was Clover, engulfing her in the usual bear hug.

"Ah-ri's so sweet, always waiting for her three oppa. Let's all have dinner after this~"

"Let go of her, Clover. She can't breathe." Kon slapped the back of his head.

"Ah! My bad, my bad! Can't help it if our dongsaeng's[1] this cute. Hyung, I told you already to kick Yanyan[2] out and let's just adopt Ah-ri. I assure you, our sales will be the same if it won't rise."

Kon just shook his head helplessly.

That was right. The three never treated her as a junior but a little sister.

This fact almost became an issue before as the industry had strict distinction between opposite genders.

In their field, being seen with a star of the opposite sex could often lead to dating rumors.

That's why JNE exerted efforts to make its company premises a safe haven for its talents.

No paparazzi could enter the building and the company penalized malicious acts made by their own artists such as creating false rumors against fellow JNE stars.

An example of this was the veteran actress Song Yu taking a picture of the up and about newbie Henessy and the producer JTeo talking in one of the lounges.

Song Yu anonymously posted the photo in a forum and the issue soon erupted.

When the company did its own investigation, all the arrows pointed to Song Yu. It turned out that a project that was supposed to be for the veteran actress was instead given to the rookie which led to jealousy.

The management only gave two choices to Song Yu: to resign and give monetary reparation (the amount was nothing to scoff at) or to be black-listed.

She naturally chose voluntary resignation but her reputation took a huge impact. She faded into the background until she was forced to retire from the industry altogether.

To avoid these situations, along with many other reasons, some talent agencies had strict rules of not talking to fellow artists of the opposite sex and also had segregation rules.

But JNE didn't promote this practice, saying that it would only lead to unhealthy individuality and unnecessary sex discrimination.

So inside their company, one would see all artists interacting harmoniously with each other.

Furthermore, who among the company didn't know the friendship between BoM and Ah-ri?

Ah-ri and Ri-yan were practically siblings even if the playboy openly confessed his love to Ah-ri every now and then which was quite normal because he also regularly did this to other artists (female and male).

No one in JNE ever took Ri-yan's so-called confessions seriously anyway.

Although many fell for his charms, especially the female trainees and rookies, none was ever reported to be seriously dating Kyo Ri-yan.

It wasn't that there were no dating rumors between Ah-ri and Ri-yan.

The rumors just never flew like the others as both fandoms Harmony (BoM's) and Glories didn't buy them.

The two fandoms had similar statements if one asked them why.

It would be somewhere along the lines of:

'Goddess Ah-ri will never date the scammer Ri-yan!'

Yes, even Ri-yan's own fandom never believed their idol's shameless confessions and fickle heart.

"Wow, I'm so touched. You're all here!"

Ri-yan exclaimed as he went backstage to his dressing room.

A staff handed water to him.

"Yeah, we'll have dinner together. Do you want Sokorian bbq, Ah-ri?"

Clover practically ignored him.

"Yah! I'm your brother. Tsk, I don't like bbq." Ri-yan sulked.

"It's fine, I eat any delish food!" Ah-ri declared.

Kon laughed. "The lady has spoken. Let's go!"

The four had a simple dinner and decided to go to a KTV, something they hadn't done for a long time.

Of course, they had to choose a relatively safe and more private karaoke bar.

They sang their voices hoarse without a care for tomorrow but they prohibited Ah-ri from drinking.

Her head injury hadn't fully healed so she didn't fuss.

They had fun until midnight so their managers were calling them nonstop already.

"Oppa, is it safe for you to drive?" Ah-ri tried warning Ri-yan.

The other two went home already and left them at the parking lot.

Ri-yan grinned at her. "Yeah, I'm perfectly sober. Get in."

As he said this, he straightened his posture and the glaze over his eyes was instantaneously gone.

Ah-ri opened her lips like a blubbering fish. "Ho...w?"

This dude was clearly tipsy and swaying while walking in the corridor earlier, all the while arguing with their manager on the phone on why they shouldn't go home yet.

Ri-yan laughed at her reaction.

"If I didn't act drunk, my hyungs will probably shove beer down my throat."

He shrugged and entered his car.

Ah-ri was really starting to think that she was the normal person in this world and was surrounded by freaks.

---

Chapter for today my dears. I'm so happy coz I finally got my first cup of coffee from a fan!!!

They haven't given permission to be mentioned yet. But I'm still grateful ahh. If you want to buy me coffee, just click the link in my dashboard! Saranghaeee~~

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro