[17]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Heh.. so we kinda went up 3k reads since I last updated? No hard feelings right?

Oh no. People like this book. Now I have to update. Come on guys, why? Jk.

Sorry for the inactivity! It's all good tho, cause here I am.

~✯~

/Behind their backs\

Shit, what am I going to do? Adrien's thoughts  were a mess. His head was pounding with the pain, but how was he to be treated and still be deemed unnoticed? Wouldn't it be suspicious at all back at his gang? It was probably his only chance.

He had a photoshoot in thirty minutes. He decided to ignore that.

Throwing his hood over his head, he shoved his hands in the pockets of his baggy hoodie and strolled out the door quietly. He'd deal with the regret of skipping that photoshoot later. Right now, he was bleeding a lot. Probably to death.

His vision was starting to blur. He was nearing the alleyway to his gang's home base when he bean to hear screaming.

It was almost like he was on LCD or some kind of hallucinogen when he jumped backward and turned around, seeing a frightened boy pinned to the wall by a gang member he barely recognized. His eyes were trying desperately to intake the correct colors and shapes in front of him, causing him to stumble.

"Curiosity killed the cat, eh?" The con sneered, his blade at the throat of what looked like a twelve-year-old boy. He was crying.

Chat could barely move, frozen and numb. But somehow his legs moved on their own.

"Or maybe the cat will kill you," Chat said, ambushing from behind and shoving the con to the side, disarming him of his knife.

The man looked frozen. "Chat Noir? What the hell are you—"

Grabbing the trash can lid behind him, Chat smashed it across the man's head, denting the metal and causing him to collapse unconscious. He picked up the knife, and the blade reflected brightly in the moonlight behind him.

He shoved it in his waistband. Maybe that was enough killing for today- that blow was definitely enough to wipe his memory.

The kid was still there, watching Chat intently.

"You saved me." He said, baffled. His eyes were wide and full of fear.

"Yeah.." at first Chat didn't understand why the boy seemed so afraid, until he reached for his hood and realized that it had fallen off. The boy could see his mask. Not to mention the con had just, very loudly, identified him.

"Please don't kill me!" The boy began to to sob again, finding nowhere to run, cornered. Chat began to approach the boy, who had curled up into a ball and began to shake.

"Shhh. Go, kid. Run back home. It's not safe this time of night."

The boy ceased crying momentarily, looking up at him distrustfully. He wiped a big glob of snot off of his face. "B-but.. you're Chat Noir. The one my parents warned me about.. I always thought it was just a s-silly story that parents told their kids to scare them! You're a s-serial killer..."

Chat couldn't deny it, though his heart only twinged a half bit. "Yeah. Well, only for the right reasons, kid. Now go."

The boy didn't stay to talk any longer. He sprinted past Chat, who turned around and watched him go. Chat sighed, carrying the body of the villain to the next alleyway and dumping it there. He'd wake up in a few hours. Probably.

======================

He stared blankly at his bowl of cereal, occasionally poking it with his fork. His hand that was slumped against the side of his face was the only thing keeping his head up on the table.

"Whats wrong, honey?" His mother said, putting both hands on his shoulders and squeezing. The boy's eyes fell.

"Mum... what ever happened to dad?" There it was. The question of truth. Never in his whole life of thirteen years had he ever asked that question, but now it wouldn't stop bothering him. His mother swallowed.

"Well, honey." She was baffled he had suddenly asked such a terrible question. Never before had he wondered. "He was killed by a... gang. End of story. Some say even Chat Noir himself put him to rest." A hatred developed in his mom's eyes after speaking the name of the masked bandit. The boy glanced at her curiously.

"And what did dad do for a living?" The questions kept coming and coming, the mother clearly running out of answers.

His mother hesitated, almost as if she was hiding something from him. Obviously the truth.

"He worked for a company that delivered heavy objects- like furniture and large appliances. Your father was always in that rusty old truck of his." She said it without another thought, turning away from the boy momentarily in order to wash the dishes. The boy coughed.

"Mum...  did he ever tell you any of this himself?" The look he had on his face was almost accusatory. She was baffled.

She froze, turned around and gave him a weird look. "Well, of course. I would see him moving things from truck to truck all the time."

"Did you ever consider the possibility that they could be weapons? ....Explosives?"

She looked betrayed. "Honey- take that back! That is absolutely ridiculous." Crossing her arms, she scowled. "Don't ever disrespect your father like that, young man! You know nothing of him!"

He sat quietly, no longer bidding an answer.

"Chat Noir is a killer of innocent people. Your dad was a man pure of heart, and didn't deserve a thing that came to him." Lies upon lies left her mouth. Did she even know the truth?

He remembered what the bandit told him when he had encountered (not to mention saved) him the day before. Only for the right reasons, kid.

"Everyone says Chat Noir is so bad.. but I think that's bullshit." He closed his eyes and set down his fork carefully. "Being born into such a lifestyle has you bonded to the world of drugs and murder, but it doesn't make you a bad person all around. I bet he's even forced to do the things he does, alongside doing good deeds aswell."

The mom was shocked at the boy's words. "Language! Jon, you've clearly been online too much, hearing all those stupid rumors those peace activists have been spreading. How would you know anything about Chat Noir? A ruthless killer-"

"Then why did he save my life, mum?"

After that, she shut up, turning to face him with a confused expression. "Excuse me?"

"Last night my curiosity got a hold of me. I was going to grab a bite with Damien out in the town and I wandered into an alleyway I'd never seen before. There I was jumped by a man, hanging on the strings of death. But Chat Noir arrived, beat the man to a pulp, and set me free. You're telling me this man kills for no reason?"

======================

"Chat!"

The bandit limped over to the grandmaster, clutching his arm and nearly collapsing before him. The grandmaster turned to one of his guards. "Go get the medic. Now!" He barked orders to those around him as Chat's vision began to blur and the grandmaster took him in his arms and dragged him along. Then he lost consciousness.

The look the grandmaster gave him as his eyes began to close would never leave him.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro