2|1|Life And Dead Of The Party

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

2|1|Life And Dead Of The Party

Previously:

Ji-soo and I shook our heads so Namjoon clapped his hands once, smiling warmly at us all.

"Alright then, pack up!"

Presently:

"Wow."

I didn't know what I expected, but Daegu was beautiful. Atleast, the view from the mansion Bangtan owned gave an amazing view. It was on the outskirts of Daegu, and from its rooftop, you could see the spread of the city as the darkness draped over it and the city lights sparkled with a newfound enthusiasm.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Jungkook was standing behind me as I leaned against the railing and looked at the breathtaking view. It was the first time we were alone since the... incident. 

"I always thought the stories I read exaggerated," I confessed, my back still facing him as I looked into the dark envelope of the city. "But truly, it does make for a beautiful sight. The lights that shine mark the existence of the people who live within those houses, those shining stars sparkling in the dark. But even then, the darkness has a lure of its own. It's so tempting, so alluring, it calls you and invites you, it makes you believe that within it, there is no pain..."

"You're speaking poetically," Jungkook noted and that made me laugh lightly.

"Things of beauty inspire the artist in all of us," I replied after a few seconds of well-placed silence. Jungkook didn't reply and I kept looking into the night. The party was tomorrow; this was my second night in Daegu and so far, I hadn't had any alone time because I was busy with keeping up with the plans and outfits and everything.

"It's getting late, I've to go and do some work," Jungkook said after a few minutes. "Goodnight."

I didn't turn back to see him leave and simply continued doing what I was doing previously. The lights in those buildings flickered, a few shut off and darkness covered those spots, leaving behind an expanse of black.

●◐○

"...and the red one looks absolutely beautiful on you," Jimin was speaking rapidly as he swiftly moved among the walk-in closet and pulled out dresses for Ji-soo and me. 

"It's too short!" I protested but Jimin waved me off and dumped a long silk, yellow dress in Ji-soo's hands; I realised only later that it had a wide slit for the left leg. Then he turned to me and placed the red one in my hands and pushed us both out before shutting the door close so we couldn't enter and take another outfit.

Begrudgingly, I walked into the bathroom and pulled on the dress while Ji-soo changed in the bedroom. When I was done, I stared at the mirror that covered the entire wall and showed my entire body. The dress was sleevless and it had a inch-wide strap that curved around my neck. It ended mid-thigh and black vines erupted from the stitch on my left side where it blossomed into flowers that laid over the side of my stomach. 

It was a beautiful dress but not something I would wear, considering its short length. I tried to tug at the hem but that put a bit of pressure on the strap and I was sure I would choke if I tried harder so I stopped. I stepped out, my thighs rubbing against each other as if that will cover the exposed skin.

"Jimin, it's not really..." My voice trailed off when I saw Jimin and Jungkook stop talking to look at me; Ji-soo whistled, wearing her own dress that hugged her curves. I felt embarassed that Jungkook had to see me like this when I felt exposed and ashamed and incredibly like I was strutting my body but then he smiled and my stomach was clenching in anticipation.

"You look absolutely rav– beautiful," Jungkook said, his cheeks an undeniable pink. Jimin had tears in his eyes as he gave me a proud-mom look and I didn't know what to say. "I can't believe this is you."

"I still haven't done the make-up," I said, happier but still embarassed. "Ji-soo?"

"Yeah, just let me finish mine and I'll work on you," with that, she turned to the mirror and continued applying mascara or something. 

"Don't you have to dress up?" Jimin's horrified tone made Jungkook wince and he held his hands up in surrender before muttering that he's leaving and left the room like that. 

"Jimin, I feel like this is too short," I said to him immediately; it didn't matter if Jungkook found me the most beautiful girl in the world wearing that if I felt uncomfortable. Jimin seriously gazed at me toe to head and then clapped in his hands with a wide smile.

"Would skin-coloured stockings do?" He inquired. I considered it then nodded my head; it was a great idea since I could still wear the dress and not feel so uncomfortable. 

And then it was like in a blink of an eye I was standing behind the open mahogany doors and I walked into the adequately crowded room; no one turned to look at me and I preferred it that way. 

For all I knew, this was where the most dangerous people in South Korea were gathered. The mere thought of it made me wonder if I should have perhaps asked them if I could hide in my room while the party happened.

"C'mon, Taehyung's looking for you," Ji-soo appeared out of nowhere and grabbed my hand, dragging me to where Taehyung and Yoongi stood, their eyes slowly looking over the room, a calculating gaze ever-present. Taehyung smiled when I arrived.

"Jungkook's such a lucky guy," he pouted as he looked me up and down. His words made me blush and Ji-soo nudged me in the side teasingly making me even more pink in the face. "To see his favourite girl in his favourite colour..."

My face went an incredible shade of scarlet at being called his favourite girl. But was I really? Where was he? My eyes ran over the people nearby but he wasn't there.

"You should go and get a drink," Yoongi said, completely indifferent to all the teasing. "It's nice, I think you'll like it. Ask for the non-alcoholic one specifically."

I nodded and left the three since Ji-soo was busy talking to Taehyung and I didn't want to take her away. I reached the long table that held an army of small shot glasses. The young waiter behind it looked up enquiringly.

"Can you please give me the non-alcoholic one," my eyes ran to his nametag, "Beomgyu-ah?"

But as the waiter nodded and turned to pour my drink, a familiar voice drawled behind me.

"Suh Jae-hee-ssi?" 

"Youngjae-ssi?!"

●❦●

Updated/Published On:
15th July 2020
15/07/2020

A/n:
OMG, I'm so sorry, I totally forgot to update on Monday cuz I was busy making dinner and I didn't realise I hadn't published until Tuesday night! I'm so sorry!! >~<

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro