-•-•45•-•-

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Emma smiled as she and Dustin walked down the street. Dustin smiled at her as she walked into the school. He continued down the street to the bakery, walking in and finding Marin with a grateful smile on his face. Dustin denied all the job requests Marin gave him and if he did accept, he wouldn't show up. Dustin walked behind the counter and Marin smiled. The store was just about to open. "I'm glad you came," Dustin nodded. "I'll have you man the cash register today and me and Alix will bake everything," Alix. A friend from his good high school. Her pink hair was still the same, a little faded, but the same. She worked here on the side if she wasn't at a race. "All you have to do is get orders and get the money."

He nodded. Alix walked out of the small baking area, flour smeared across her forehead as she wiped off the water from her hands. She smiled and walked over to the two. Her and Kim never worked, so she lived on her own. "Hey," she held her hand out. Dustin shook but kept his eyes on the ground. He never looked someone in the eye besides Emma anymore. "I'm Alix. What's your name?" Dustin kept his gaze on the ground, not speaking a word.

Marin sighed as Alix looked at him. "Alix, this is Dustin. Emmas," he always knew they were dating but was trying to decide if he should say best friend or boyfriend. "Dustins Emma's boyfriend," Dustin blushed a light pink. "He'll be working the cash register."

"Not a talker ah?" She laughed lightly. Everyone knew who he was.

"Not since..." Marin trailed off. He looked out the window, a couple walking by. He shook his head. "Well!" He clasped his hands together making Dustin flinch. "Let's get to work," Alix nodded and retreated into the baking area. Marin put his hand on Dustins shoulder, the boy slightly looking up. "If you get overworked I can take over yeah?" Dustin nodded. Marin smiled and ruffled his blonde hair. Dustin smiled a bit.

"Yeah." Dustin whispered as Marin flipped the sign and opened up the shop. The day ran by quickly. Not a whole lot of people came in, but enough for Marin to be satisfied. But it doesn't take much. In total, a hundred people came in, but if only ten did Marin would be happy.

Marin checked the time again and smiled at Dustin, putting his hand on his shoulder. "Schools almost over. You should go get Emma and bring her here," Dustin nodded and walked out of the shop and done to the school. Marin bit his lip as Alix walked to him. "I'm scared for that kid."

"Me too Marin," Alix bit her lip. "He's been through a lot. Does he not have any family left?"

"A brother and sister but they disowned him because of Emma and her birth parents." Alix shivered. Marinette and Adrien, they broke into her house when they were fifteen and nearly killed her family.

"Hey," he looked at the door, three familiar faces waiting for them. "What's got you two so sad? It's Thursday! All the bars will be open and free of people!" Juleka smiled and Alix chuckled. "We're leaving after you two finish work and we're here to help." Marin laughed as they walked in and he handed them aprons.

Rose and Nathanael nodded. "What about your kids?" Marin crossed his arms. Rose was a Stay at Home Mom, Nathanael an artist and Juleka was a florist.

"Annie is having a sleepover," Rose smiled. Her, Juleka and Nathanael were in a three way relationship, all married to each other. "Harper and Conner are going to a study group but I doubt they'll be studying." Rose giggled.

"And Ashlyn is coming to the bakery with Kara after school," as if on cue the two teens walked in. Annie was Roses and Nathanaels, Harper and Conner were Julekas and Ashlyn was Roses. They sat at a table and began to chat. "Then they're going shopping which will drain our credit cards." He sighed and Marin laughed and patted his back.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro